Favorite video directed by James Foley?

geert

Favorite video directed by James Foley?  

47 members voted

1. 1. Favorite video directed by James Foley?

• Live to Tell
    • Papa Don't Preach
    • True Blue

You  forgot who's that girl promo video too ? he used alias Peter Percher though i think ?

Actually "Who's That Girl" (video) was directed by Peter Rosenthal.  And you're right James Foley used the alias "Peter Percher", but it was for the videos "Papa Don't Preach", "True Blue" and "Live To Tell".   Though, I'm baffled why he used the pseudonym?  It's widely known he directed those three videos. But maybe he wanted to keep his music video credits hush hush at first, yet eventually changed his mind?

Though, he would get partial credit for the "Who's That Girl" since it does use footage from the Who's That Girl Film he directed. 

I chose "Live To Tell" even though "Papa..." is equally great.

I don't like any of them. Visually 1986-1987 were her worst period. I love both Live to tell and True blue. The latter was always criminally neglected. 

Hmmm?  But the poll included the two songs you very much love.  Possibly you're meaning the songs are what you "love", yet the videos not so much? 

That said, she was visually beautiful at this period.  Very Hollywood Glamour.  And yes, I know there are a few hair moments that were a bit over the top and ridiculous, but when it came to the first two video cuts from TRUE BLUE (album), the album cover and many promotional shots she looked stunning and beautiful. For every bad picture, there were five more that were spectacular.  But then again, it's all subjective.

Hmmm?  But the poll included the two songs you very much love.  Possibly you're meaning the songs are what you "love", yet the videos not so much? 

That said, she was visually beautiful at this period.  Very Hollywood Glamour.  And yes, I know there are a few hair moments that were a bit over the top and ridiculous, but when it came to the first two video cuts from TRUE BLUE (album), the album cover and many promotional shots she looked stunning and beautiful. For every bad picture, there were five more that were spectacular.  But then again, it's all subjective.

I separate the songs from the vids. I liked th songs, not the vids

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...