Frozen 20th anniversary!

Celebration

Yes, February the 13th 1998, a Friday, was the day Madonna released her single Frozen, and the world hasn't been the same since then.

The strings floating over the track, Orbit's staggering techno beats and Madonna's haunting voice floating like an angel's, made it a perfect song.

The video was sensational. Ground breaking and exciting. Dogs, snakes and birds were the perfect co-stars in this mystical masterpiece.

But of course you know all about this. I just wanted to remind you. ;) After all, twenty years come and go, quicker than a ray of light...

Have a nice day. :)

So good memories. By that time I remember I was in Brussels, on my first trip to Europe and I heard a really short snippet of Frozen on the radio and something about a new album coming soon, it was still the pre massive internet era so all was more surprising and exciting. Then I saw the CD single in some german record store and I played it on those cd players they had for preview. I was so happy with the new sound, those incredible remixes and that beautiful cover. ROL was a great era :)

1 hour ago, brank000 said:

It really depends on what you mean by release date.

Singapore radio started playing it the last week of January in 1998 and then radio stations in europe started playing it a little after.

It's when the record is available in record stores.

But yes, according to my ICON, the promo single was released to international radio stations on January the 23rd. :)

I remember walking into the music store on a Tuesday morning (when new releases used to happen in the 90's and 00's)  only to walk out with two versions of the CD....

madonna.jpg

Later in the year, when at a Best Buy,  I found a double CD called "Words and Music" edition. Of course, I snatched that up!

s-l300.jpg