Madonna’s 10 Greatest Albums Ranked & Revisited By Albumism

groovyguy

18 hours ago, JupiterArgus said:

Bedtime Stories is a masterpiece, all her albums are masterpieces.

But Bedtime Stories has that experiemental part what we've been searching for in 90's.

The only experimental part on Bedtime Stories was towards the end of the album being Sanctuary and Bedtime Story. The other songs were RnB influenced and representitive of the early mid 90s. The reason she went in that direction was to soften her image due to SEX and apparently going to far. Being a 90's baby and living in this decade is to me laughable now looking back. Don't get me wrong I love Bedtime Stories. The two songs I just mentioned and I'd Rather Be Your Lover, Take A Bow, Human Nature, Secret and Survival are my choice cuts from the album. I hasten to add that I was quite shocked that Your Honestly was also omitted from the album as that song is amazing. However to call it experimental is a tad to far. I guess it was experimental in terms of going to the oppostie field of what Madonna was known for but the album as a whole not so. Erotica was much more of an experimental album in terms of concept, lyrics and image that unfortunately got lost blinded at the time by SEX. A review I read somewhere said something along the lines of "Madonna at her most important" and I truly agree with that as the album was released during a very volatile period with HIV & AIDS not being talked about and gay men getting the boot unfairly for it.

4 hours ago, MerBoy13 said:

The only experimental part on Bedtime Stories was towards the end of the album being Sanctuary and Bedtime Story. The other songs were RnB influenced and representitive of the early mid 90s. The reason she went in that direction was to soften her image due to SEX and apparently going to far. Being a 90's baby and living in this decade is to me laughable now looking back. Don't get me wrong I love Bedtime Stories. The two songs I just mentioned and I'd Rather Be Your Lover, Take A Bow, Human Nature, Secret and Survival are my choice cuts from the album. I hasten to add that I was quite shocked that Your Honestly was also omitted from the album as that song is amazing. However to call it experimental is a tad to far. I guess it was experimental in terms of going to the oppostie field of what Madonna was known for but the album as a whole not so. Erotica was much more of an experimental album in terms of concept, lyrics and image that unfortunately got lost blinded at the time by SEX. A review I read somewhere said something along the lines of "Madonna at her most important" and I truly agree with that as the album was released during a very volatile period with HIV & AIDS not being talked about and gay men getting the boot unfairly for it.

Well, the album has other "ambient", something new for her career. The album have influences of Björk, Kate Bush and David Bowie (that's something what i read also 3 years ago).

Talking about the other songs, Your Honesty and Let Down Your Guard are very good songs. I wish the songs was released ):

14 hours ago, JupiterArgus said:

Well, the album has other "ambient", something new for her career. The album have influences of Björk, Kate Bush and David Bowie (that's something what i read also 3 years ago).

Talking about the other songs, Your Honesty and Let Down Your Guard are very good songs. I wish the songs was released ):

Omg how could I forget Let Down Your Guard. :07:Another example of a great song that imo should of been finished and got on the tracklisting.

• 2 weeks later...

The list is fine, at least in terms of the albums included. Exclusion of “American Life”, “Hard Candy”, and especially “MDNA” are totally fair though I wish I could see “Rebel Heart” on the list for the better part of it. 

I am also happy to see that people started to regard “I’m Breathless” more of a Madonna album rather than a soundtrack, which it isn’t.

To me, “Confessions” is on top 3 considering the quality of the songs, its overall concept, and massive success. I would also rank “Music” higher whereas the first two albums should have been ranked lower. Their impact is limited and Madonna had little if not no contribution to them.

On 4/12/2018 at 6:39 PM, JupiterArgus said:

They were released.  "Your Honesty" was released on Remixed and Revisted Ep.  "Let Down Your Guard" was the b-side to "Secret" and also got a "Rough Remix Edit" in the UK on various single formats. 

"Freedom" was another song from BS sessions. It got a release on a benefit album called 'Carnival'.

"Love Won't Wait" is the only song we are aware of from the BS sessions that did not get an official release, unless you count Gary Barlow's version.