*** Madonna @ MET Gala 2018 ***

Frank

10 minutes ago, madgefan said:

What songs do you think she might be preparing for this occasion?

Like a Virgin

Angel

Papa Don't Preach

Like a Prayer

Oh Father

Pray for Spanish Eyes

The Beast Within

Sky Fits Heaven

Paradise (Not for Me)

Nothing Fails (religious themes all over it)

Isaac

Devil Wouldn't Recognize You

Voices

Girl Gone Wild

I'm a Sinner

Devil Pray

Holy Water

Heaven (demo but still great)

:Madonna025:

LOL! Okay, I knew that I wasn't up to speed about the performances at Met Gala, but there is no way she is going to perform that many songs even if she did perform.  If anything, she may perform something newer, possibly something that's she's planning to add to the new album.

That said, other than some media coverage of the event, have any of the performances in the past been filmed for the general public?  I'm not sure performing (espeically anything new) would be beneficial to her.  It's not like she'll be performing to her fan base.

3 hours ago, Liam said:

LOL! Okay, I knew that I wasn't up to speed about the performances at Met Gala, but there is no way she is going to perform that many songs even if she did perform.  If anything, she may perform something newer, possibly something that's she's planning to add to the new album.

That said, other than some media coverage of the event, have any of the performances in the past been filmed for the general public?  I'm not sure performing (espeically anything new) would be beneficial to her.  It's not like she'll be performing to her fan base.

Even if it's not commercial, it could end up being commercial afterwards. A lot of the people there will know her and are her friends (give or take) so maybe showing something new in this setting was requested or simply how she wants to start off a new era. Let's say it's something along the lines X-Static Process, a premier at Met Gala and then an actual premier to the general public else where (Yourube Etc.) 

As much as id love a performance Monday and new music released this week, we always seem to get our hopes up for nothing in these things.

Im hopeful, but will believe it when I see it.

Madonna’s entourage has a hard time keeping tight lipped about anything.

1 minute ago, AspergerArtist said:

People actually think she will perform half a concert of songs at the Met? Why build up all these expectations? 

Well to be fair, no one is saying she will perform a bunch of songs. The above post was a suggestion of songs she could pick dealing with the theme. Likely, she wouldn't pick any of them. If she performs, IF, then it will be a new song or just a project film with Steven Klein.

49 minutes ago, me1981 said:

Oh it pisses me off big time that anyone would call her fat. She has looked great, loved the curves, she seemed relaxed and happy, which is what fans should want for her.

Let's all calm down. She was chunkier than her normal self, which to some and me included, was a little jarring, considering we are so used to seeing her ripped. She herself, said she was a fat soccer mum. So let's take a deep breath. 

Let's also recognise, that the dress she wore (which, I was happy she wore colour), was really not flattering at all, and appeared to make her look larger than she actually was (many layers).  For example, her body was about the same size as it was during her Bedtime Story performance at the Brit music awards and the versace photo shoot around then (the Miesel one) and she looked AMAZING, so I think it was just a combination of a bad outfit choice, and people not used to seeing her with a little more sizzle.

And on the Billboard Music Awards Twitter account (the Billboard Music Awards are planned for May 20th by the way) ...

SEE YOU TOMORROW PEOPLE, IT'S GONNA BE A LOOOONG NIGHT!!!!

And according to The Telegraph, “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Imagination” will also feature costumes from Madonna’s music videos.

https://www.drownedmadonna.com/2018/05/07/met-gala-2018-costumes-from-madonnas-music-videos/

Hmmm, something's up!  It's just odd to debut something new at such an event that really isn't mainstream. I've never seen anything new from any artist (other press coverage of their outfits) in the past. I guess we'll see in the next 24 HOURS, but I am not getting my hopes up, nor going to get all upset if nothing (musically) comes. As stated, Met Gala isn't known for debuting people's new music.

14 minutes ago, Liam said:

Hmmm, something's up!  It's just odd to debut something new at such an event that really isn't mainstream. I've never seen anything new from any artist (other press coverage of their outfits) in the past. I guess we'll see in the next 24 HOURS, but I am not getting my hopes up, nor going to get all upset if nothing (musically) comes. As stated, Met Gala isn't known for debuting people's new music.

@LiamBillboard made a strange post on Twitter about an icon who made music history to keep our eyes on tomorrow, wich caption was "downloading" (see my edited previous post)

52 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Rumours include Halleluiah or a Beatles cover... :Madonna005:

I just hope she releases new music. Im excited to see her at an event but I would be super ecstatic to hear new music!!!!! That billboard teaser is teasin us :cry:

Guest TheLookofLove
5 hours ago, Fighter said:

ummm so looks like something is indeed happening? unless she's coming out with a cart full of mdna skin

Imagine the meltdowns. :Madonna001:

55 minutes ago, anel_ said:

I just hope she releases new music. Im excited to see her at an event but I would be super ecstatic to hear new music!!!!! That billboard teaser is teasin us :cry:

Of course a new song is all we are praying for!

It would be perfect in this particular moment of my life!