You haven't heard Madonna until you've listened to her music on LSD.

4 hours ago, Frank said:

I already feel all of that with M. I don't need any kind of drug to alter my reality or my senses. I like to be too much in control of myself and my acts to do drugs, but to each their own i guess :-)

This is exactly my thoughts.  Very well said!! :Madonna005:

guys i wasnt judging nor saying those drugs like acid and ecstasy are addictive or worse than alcohol / cigarretes. Im talking about personality type and personal risk of addiction plus mental health as well. If I did it Id do it very carefully. Just like when I drink ocassionally or stupidly tried cigarretes when i was a teen to see what it was like (yikes) lmao

The Psychedelic Experience

What is the psychedelic experience? Aldous Huxley believed it was the fundamental craving of the human spirit. A desire to turn off the survival biased filter of perception just for a moment... and catch a glimpse beyond the bars of our cognitive prison.

The psychedelic experience does not require drugs. Religious history and spiritual traditions are built upon these sublime moments. Messiahs hear the voice of God after a 40 day fast. Holy men, having isolated themselves in a cave, suddenly emerge with visionary truth.

But to indulge in a 40 day fast to reach this heightened state is like burning your house down to bake a loaf of bread. One hour in a salt-water isolation tank quiets the noise of sensation until awareness becomes the mirror that reveals you to yourself. A single session of holotropic breathing restricts our mental chatter long enough to plunge you into the zero-state of visionary Inspiration. Then there are the earth movers... The plant medicines at the core of many religious sacraments, which according to Graham Hancock were integral to inspiring the earliest known art in caves throughout Europe.

These plants are technologies. In a recent placebo controlled study completed by Johns Hopkins university 18 healthy adults were given Psilocybin, the active ingredient in ‘magic’ mushrooms. Fourteen months after participating in the study, 94% of those who received the drug said the experiment was one of their top five most positive experiences; 40% said it was the single most meaningful experience of their life.

Ayahuasca, long called the Master Medicine by the healers of the rainforest, offers an experience with the most visually powerful and mysterious of all molecules endogenous to life, DiMethyltryptamine.

Iboga, the root of an African shrub, confronts you with the voice of your own inner truth for 24 waking hours and is being used to treat Heroin addiction with relapse rates reported at a shockingly low 7%.

Why doesn’t the world embrace these technologies? Terrence Mckenna has an answer, “It takes courage to take psychedelics – real courage. Your stomach clenches, your palms grow damp, because you realise this is real – this is going to work. Not in 12 years, not in 20 years, but in an hour!"

What can the Psychedelic Experience be?
The cloth that wipes clean our lens of perception,
The compass that points true north to our life’s calling,
The lantern in the catacombs of our subconscious,
The sword stroke that unfetters the muse,
The sunlight that dispels the shadows of our past
Or simply a respite of eternity, in the fast flowing river of time.

I’ve been to the other side, stared unflinching into the eyes of my eternal soul and seen a matrix of a thousand possible destinies. I’ve witnessed the span of our current universe contained in an unceasing heartbeat, each world a single bloodcell and each contraction a new existence for life itself. I’ve learned of humility on the back of a dragon, felt the terminal extreme of heaven and hell in the marrow of my bones, died and been reborn anew. What will your psychedelic experience be?

Courage to you all.
Courage to you all.

42 minutes ago, Rose Mist Stud said:

Most people take LSD at their work.

Yup, there is a microdosing revolution happening. Software engineers, bankers, teachers, doctors are using tiny amount of LSD to give them an extra edge. It links parts of the brain that don't normally connect and enhances the work whatever it is.

Psychedelics are being seriously considered in curing addiction, depression and anxiety etc. It is illegal because it could destroy certain industries that need you to be sick to make profits. Psychedelics clean you from the inside out and give you your mind back from external conditioning. Dangerous to some industries and governments.

I can't remember where, but I know Madonna mentioned her brothers used to do it while listening to records in the 60s/70s and said it scared her but fascinated her.

6 hours ago, Frank said:

Well, i don't WANT them then. Period. It's my opinion and my way of life. If u do it, good for you :-)

Good for everyone who’s able to enjoy the wonders of psychodelics - in a healthy manner. 

I’m curious, do you drink alcohol? Smoke weed? Any prescription drugs you’re taking? 

6 hours ago, DaddyZ said:

Good for everyone who’s able to enjoy the wonders of psychodelics - in a healthy manner.

I’m curious, do you drink alcohol? Smoke weed? Any prescription drugs you’re taking? 

I'm not here to dissect my private life or the things I do, but to satisfy your curiosity I'll tell you that I do drink a glass of red wine every once in a while, i don't smoke weed or cigarettes, and the only medication i take is an antihistamine during Spring for my allergies.

5 hours ago, Frank said:

I'm not here to dissect my private life or the things I do, but to satisfy your curiosity I'll tell you that I do drink a glass of red wine every once in a while, i don't smoke weed or cigarettes, and the only medication i take is an antihistamine during Spring for my allergies.

Dude, there’s just something sooo unnecessarily cunty about you.....maybe you should have a proper drink regularly.  

I’m out. 

8 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

Dude, there’s just something sooo unnecessarily cunty about you.....maybe you should have a proper drink regularly.  

I’m out. 

Totally unnecessary.  Personally attacking people because they prefer not to drink or do drugs.  He was civil and forthright!  :Madonna021:

1 minute ago, Liam said:

Totally unnecessary.  Personally attacking people because they prefer not to drink or do drugs.  :Madonna021:

my criticism is aimed at how he choose to communicate....Not if he does or doesn’t do drugs. I was merely curious if someone who’s so anti psychodelics uses other stimulants or drugs. Get that right. 

11 minutes ago, Frank said:

I'm not even gonna answer him. I really hope he's out for good.

I think we ought to start a new thread "you haven't listened to Madonna unless you had love in your heart"  

This thread makes my head hurt. It's against the very things Madonna stands for. What's next, proclaiming the benefits of unsafe sex listening to Erotica? Drink driving to Gang Bang? 

Glad to see you and @Liambringing some common sense to an otherwise senseless thread promoting drug use. 

2 minutes ago, DaddyZ said:

my criticism is aimed at how he choose to communicate....Not if he does or doesn’t do drugs. I was merely curious if someone who’s so anti psychodelics uses other stimulants or drugs. Get that right. 

Really, you're actually going to defend your last post?   It was a personal attack!  There's no way around it.  Nothing wrong with how he communicated.  As mentioned, he was civil and "frank" (pardon the pun).  If anyone has issue with "communication" it is you!  It's interesting how that one is free of insult if they choose to talk about doing drugs while listening to Madonna, but once someone steps in to share why they wouldn't they are attacked and put through the ringer over it. 

Feel free to have the last word.  I think that I'll follow @Franklead!

14 minutes ago, AspergerArtist said:

I think we ought to start a new thread "you haven't listened to Madonna unless you had love in your heart"  

This thread makes my head hurt. It's against the very things Madonna stands for. What's next, proclaiming the benefits of unsafe sex listening to Erotica? Drink driving to Gang Bang? 

Glad to see you and @Liambringing some common sense to an otherwise senseless thread promoting drug use. 

Love it!  I must admit; that I found it a bit disturbing myself for anyone to promote the use of drugs while listening to Madonna, an artist who has been very vocal about not interested in doing drugs.  In no way, is she perfect. Certainly, she's tried drugs and she enjoys a drink here and now. 

Let me note! I'm not criticizing or attacking anyone for wanting to do drugs. In fact, I find the conversation very fascinating.  If you do drugs, that's your choice and your life. It's just odd to me to promote such in an artist's forum (listening to that artist) when we know she doesn't approve of such.  But I'm sure I'll be referred to being a "cunt" or worse for communicating that.  How dare, I give an oppositional view as @Frankdid!

• Enrico locked this topic