Worst Madonna songs

rebelheartgermany

THE WORST EVER for me : Bitch I'm Madonna (i want to break everything arond me when i hear this kinda s...)

Love Song (too Prince indeed)

Birthday Song (naive...)

Sex (oh my god...)

I'm not a great fan of Erotica and Bedtime Stories album neither

Oh and i forgot... the cover of La Vie en Rose and Je t'aime, moi non plus... just awful for me (but i must say i'm french)

B-Day Song.

I'll never understand, of all the things recorded for MDNA, THAT track saw the light of day.

I love Madonna, but how can someone who puts out Drowned World, Intervention, Like a Prayer, Forbidden Love and Hung Up, come up with B-Day Song and put it on her album?

Weird.

B-Day Song.

I'll never understand, of all the things recorded for MDNA, THAT track saw the light of day.

I love Madonna, but how can someone who puts out Drowned World, Intervention, Like a Prayer, Forbidden Love and Hung Up, come up with B-Day Song and put it on her album?

Weird.

Possibly because the same woman recorded songs like "Lucky Star", "True Blue",  "Cherish", "Santa Baby", "Cry Baby", "I'm Going Bananas" and other simplistic pop if not humorous songs.  It's like when she threw in "The Funny Song (Oh Dear Daddy)" on tour. Not everything has to be serious and full of deep meaning.  Let's not forget she rose to fame on a lot of simple songs.  Madonna hasn't ever just released complex serious songs.  Even songs like "Vogue", "Material Girl", "Into The Groove" and "Holiday" are quite simplistic and tongue and cheek. 

I'm a betting that both Madonna and M.I.A. sat down and said "Let's record something that people wouldn't even expect us to do together. A silly pop song!".   I think it's hilarious!  It's a fun song!  I don't take it seriously since we have many many other songs by Madonna that are more deep and personal to enjoy. 

No one is comparing "classics".   I'm just saying the lack of seriousness is pretty much the same with the two songs.  It's all tongue and cheek.  And the fact, she refuted being a "Material Girl" is only proof of that.  To me, "Material Girl" isn't supposed to be taken too seriously as well as B-Day song. My point is that many of her songs are simple and fun.  Not all have to have some philosophical moment to them.  In fact, most of her popular songs are quite simple and fun.

I mean it's not so much that it's a "fun" silly track, it's that B-day song is one of those songs that are just a little bit subpar musically compared to most of her discography. Some of the tracks you mentioned are much better musically and production-wise. Songs like Material Girl have brilliantly written lyrics that are parody-esque and have some sort of social commentary, not what I would call simplistic, but of course not all songs have to be brilliant statements or classics.

I can listen to anything else, but not these. Either it's production or vocal delivery, but I just can't stand them. They're just throwaway tracks for me.

Otto von Werner stuff

Runaway Lover

Amazing

Future Lovers

Let It Will Be

Sing

Hey You

Candy Shop

Give It 2 Me

Miles Away

Beat Goes On

Dance 2Night

Spanish Lesson

Voices

Celebration

Revolver

Girl Gone Wild

Gang Bang

Turn Up the Radio

Give Me All Your Luvin

Some Girls

Superstar

I Don't Give A

Love Spent

B-Day Song

Highlights

Take A Day

Living For Love - was that the best vocal take they could use?

Bitch I'm Madonna

Holy Water

S.E.X

Messiah

Graffiti Heart

ufff she has quite a lot of songs that have never gotten beyond their potential and stayed sort of mediocre but I'll only list my top 20 (from most awful to less awful):

1. B-Day Song
  2. Superstar
  3. Don't Stop
  4. Can't Stop
  5. I Don't Give A
  6. I Fucked Up
  7. One More Chance
  8. Shoo-Bee-Doo
  9. Auto-Tune Baby
  10. Beautiful Scars
  11. Jimmy Jimmy
  12. Incredible
  13. Turn Up the Radio
  14. Waiting
  15. In This Life
  16. Spanish Lesson
  17. Candy Shop
  18. X-Static Process
  19. Dance 2night
  20. How High

I can listen to anything else, but not these. Either it's production or vocal delivery, but I just can't stand them. They're just throwaway tracks for me.

Otto von Werner stuff
Runaway Lover
Amazing
Future Lovers
Let It Will Be
Sing
Hey You
Candy Shop
Give It 2 Me
Miles Away
Beat Goes On
Dance 2Night
Spanish Lesson
Voices
Celebration
Revolver
Girl Gone Wild
Gang Bang
Turn Up the Radio
Give Me All Your Luvin
Some Girls
Superstar
I Don't Give A
Love Spent
B-Day Song
Highlights
Take A Day
Living For Love - was that the best vocal take they could use?
Bitch I'm Madonna
Holy Water
S.E.X
Messiah
Graffiti Heart

oh hell to tha no! 

B-Day Song.

Weird.

The fact it almost landed on the standrad edition over Love Spent! A fucking disgrace! It was already bad enough that Superstar made it over Beautiful Killer...

Guest TheLookofLove
Just now, MerBoy13 said:

Im disgusted you dissed Easy Ride :wide-eyes:

That's one of the best tracks from AL. :Madonna019:

He didn't even mention Hey Poo, which is M's worst song by far. :bubblebitch: