Madonna Infinity
SecretProject

World Pride NYC 2019

So there’s a very big rumor that M will be performing on the 30th for Pride I’m nyc this year.  

I know people who have already bought tickets and it hasn’t been confirmed yet.

apparently they are all sold out but I’m not giving up hope! Lol does anyone have any leads for this?

Lets's hope for some vocal redemption and that this performance will amaze people and shut up the naysayers.

Everybody has off nights. Let's hope she nails this one, as she usually does.

Is NY Pride televised? 

I'm so jealous I'd kill to go to Pride in New York and commit several murders to go to New York Pride AND see Madonna live. I wonder what songs she'll perform...

Just to play devil's advocate here, when is the last time you EVER saw Madonna with a pride flag?

Seriously.

I may be mistaken but I can't think of a single picture with her having anything remotely to do with pride until her new album is about to come out in "pride month" and a new PR agency is working overtime to make her relevant to the gay youth (and all their disposable income).  Add a dash of Drag Race girls, GLAAD award, drop the words "woke" and "feminist" , slap your new logo on a rainbow flag, and you have a perfectly crafted Madonna dish for today's market.

stpetersburg17.jpgThere's this from Russia in 2012 I suppose, but she ain't holding it.

I like this move as it was dangerous, and I like when she gets dangerous.

6 hours ago, anaglyphx said:

Just to play devil's advocate here, when is the last time you EVER saw Madonna with a pride flag?

Seriously.

I may be mistaken but I can't think of a single picture with her having anything remotely to do with pride until her new album is about to come out in "pride month" and a new PR agency is working overtime to make her relevant to the gay youth (and all their disposable income).  Add a dash of Drag Race girls, GLAAD award, drop the words "woke" and "feminist" , slap your new logo on a rainbow flag, and you have a perfectly crafted Madonna dish for today's market.

Madonna was a gay rights activist all through her career, decades before it was trendy for pop stars and companies alike to slap rainbows on everything to make money.

So I don’t think there’s anything contrived about it, it’s her core audience so of course she wants to market to them. It’s a bit different to a big company jumping on the bandwagon to exploit the community imo.

20 hours ago, graffitiheart89 said:

I'm so jealous I'd kill to go to Pride in New York and commit several murders to go to New York Pride AND see Madonna live. 

Just make sure they're all breeders! It would be in really poor taste if you killed any LGBTQIA people to get there.

graffitiheart89 likes this

On 6/4/2019 at 3:49 AM, ashtangi-x said:

Seriously.

Oh yes, Madonna was never an ally of the LGBTQ community before last month. Oh shut UP. 

madgefan, mouse and SecretProject like this

On 04/06/2019 at 03:49, ashtangi-x said:

Juste pour me faire l'avocat du diable ici, quelle est la dernière fois que vous avez JAMAIS vu Madonna avec un drapeau de fierté?

Sérieusement.

Je me trompe peut-être, mais je ne pense pas à une seule photo où elle aurait rien à voir avec la fierté jusqu'à ce que son nouvel album soit sur le point de paraître dans «le mois de la fierté» et qu'une nouvelle agence de relations publiques travaille au-delà pour la rendre pertinente les jeunes homosexuels (et tout leur revenu disponible). Ajoutez un soupçon de Drag Race Girls, GLAAD Award, supprimez les mots "réveillé" et "féministe", claquez votre nouveau logo sur un drapeau arc-en-ciel et vous obtenez un plat Madonna parfaitement conçu pour le marché d'aujourd'hui.

a remark full of nonsense and ignorance of all his involvement in the LGBTQ rights since the early 80's 

48 minutes ago, cosmic_system said:

Oh yes, Madonna was never an ally of the LGBTQ community before last month. Oh shut UP. 

You understand what "devil's advocate" means right?

It means I don't agree with what I am about to say, but I want to say it anyway to see what reaction I get.

I know full well she was ahead of the curve with gay rights at a time it was career suicide for many. I am well aware of the millions she raised for AIDs research and her impact on drag.

Again, I just wanted some to show me ONE photo of her with a Pride flag.

I am also of the belief that gays don't need to be enslaved to a certain ideology of "rainbows" and a long string of ridiculous letters. Who chooses the letters and why? Everyone just goes along with it? All members of a community are just supposed to act and think the same?

Again, nuance isn't the speciality of her fanbase it seems.

All businesses, in the month of June, will slap a rainbow flag on something to look like they are advocates when in reality it is all just money. Once upon a time in the UK it was called the "pink pound". Gays have a higher disposable income than straights so it is not a surprise they are targeted for marketing. Look at the outrageous nonsense of Drag Con, they sell anything not bolted to the ground.

I have no doubt her recent moves are driven by her new PR team and the "woke" crowd. Never forget M is a businesswoman before anything else.

I have no doubt her recent moves are driven by her new PR team and the "woke" crowd. Never forget M is a businesswoman before anything else.

I think it’s obvious to everyone that her playing Pride would not happen if she wasn’t promoting a new album. It’s also obvious that her work as an LGBT activist means much more than being pictured with a flag. I’m not sure what kind of discussion you are trying to provoke on a forum full of fans.
cosmic_system likes this

18 minutes ago, Ambrose said:

I think it’s obvious to everyone that her playing Pride would not happen if she wasn’t promoting a new album. It’s also obvious that her work as an LGBT activist means much more than being pictured with a flag. I’m not sure what kind of discussion you are trying to provoke on a forum full of fans.

So I am not a fan because my opinions are different from the majority? 30 years a fan, and will never stop.

I always take the road less travelled by, it's where the smart people go, not blindly following the herd. Like Madonna taught me.