Madonna Tours rumors/outtakes/plans etc.

rebelheartgermany

Loving this thread. My two cents on BA Tour is that even when I like to think that when she started planning the tour in early 89 the setlist was completely different, if you check the final set all of the Breathless material was inserted as a pack in the middle of the show (SOL-HP-NIFY) and Vogue performed as an encore, they could have easily been inserted to a previous plan. If so I would love to hear what were the pre 1990 songs they replaced. If they were four slots I'd vote for La Isla Bonita, Who's That Girl, Spotlight and Spanish Eyes or Dear Jessie (just a wishful thinking)

Actually I agree Unruhe, I think if she had toured in 1989 she might have had a Spanish section. I think she confirmed La Isla Bonita at some point, so your picks make sense. Dear Jessie may have been with Cherish with that section being a little longer. I think most of it probably was failry similar to BAT just with maybe a Spanish section instead of a Dick Tracy section. 

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ArthurBadin

Sorry but a lot of incorrect info going on around here.

MadonnaTribe confirmed Love Profusion was NEVER rehearsed. The setlist posted on the first page was simply a concept and when Madonna started to rehearse the songs, only I'm So Stupid, Dress You Up and maybe Devil... were there that did not make the final cut.

http://www.madonnatribe.com/idol_03/songs.htm

And if you have been wondering if that rumour of "Love Profusion" meant to replace "Crazy For You" during the European leg of the Tour was true, I can now tell you after chatting with a few people involved on the tour that it was not true, but I've been told the band indeed tried to convince Madonna to perform "Love Profusion" in Europe, but instead of "Nothing Fails", in a brand new acoustic version that was never managed to be rehearsed, and so we did never had the chance to enjoy it in the live show.

Also, it was only a Brazilian fansite that talked about Nothing Really Matters, it was never confirmed by any official sources (i.e. Jamie King). I also remember Bad Girl was a fake report when DrownedMadonna admitted their source confused it with Hanky Panky ("treat me like I'm a bad girl).

As for the rest, Some Girls was meant to be in the place of Vogue:

http://www.madonnatribe.com/interviews/madonnatribe-meets-drew-dollaz/

MTribe admins talked about several songs that were considered for S&ST but it's doubtful any of them were rehearsed. TPOG was not one of them, but Open Your Heart was and I think some acoustic version leaked.

Thank you for clarifying all of it. Never had read this MTribe info, interesting. By that time I didn't know that site, as far as I recall.

Evidently all info about NRM and all the others provided by MadonnaOnline (the Brazilian fansite I mentioned) were informed as given by an anonymous source who was allegedly "drunkard" when told that to MOL.

By the way, there was a time when Mad-Eyes.Net replicated those "drunkard source" infos. But they smartly removed from their website.

And about OYH, it was indeed rehearsed for S&S Round II, replacing You Must Love Me, as a studio version leaked around 2009. It featured new (and very raw) vocals by M (differently of the fanmade studio version for MDNA Tour which emerged on the web months before that tour started) and it was proeminently with the instruments played by that Gypsy band who featured in S&S, so many people (including me) assumed it was legit.

• 2 months later...

I don't think Bad Girl was ever considered for any of her tours. Christopher made her go all Hollywood/Broadway mimicry on The Girlie Show so she could live out HIS fantasies and the dark song did not fit the camp theme of the show at all.

I just want Bad Girl to be sung in RHT at least. Is there anything that would say that Bad Girl was supposed to be part of one of her concert? Personally, I see it in RHT in the staircase, replacing HC/LDLHA.

During one of the request sections, a fan asked her to sing "Bad Girl" but she replied she couldn't remember the words to it.

I think it was the super fan Billy. I remember seeing a video he uploaded and it being audible. I should look for it.

Also:

Bad Girl and Ray of Light were said to be rehearsed for RIT

Dress You Up was rehearsed for Confessions (probably the same version that was rehearsed for RIT on guitar)

Candy Perfume Girl was rehearsed for S&S but replaced with Human Nature (thank god as it would have been the same as DWT)

Waiting was to take part somewhere in the show for S&S (my guess is during the Get Stupid interlude?)

The Power of Goodbye was rehearsed on acoustic guitar but replaced with You Must Love Me

lol is there any truth to this?

@@thelioncourtheart_ Wait, that was in the RHT? Is there a video for it?

Yes, there was. I tried searching for it a couple days ago but his channel seems to be gone. She was sitting near the heart of the stage and he had a front row seat. She asked which song he'd like and he said Bad Girl and she commented along the lines that she couldn't remember the words and I think she sang Ghosttown instead or something.

Yes, there was. I tried searching for it a couple days ago but his channel seems to be gone. She was sitting near the heart of the stage and he had a front row seat. She asked which song he'd like and he said Bad Girl and she commented along the lines that she couldn't remember the words and I think she sang Ghosttown instead or something.

Oh darn. I'll just search it for myself. What country was she doing it?

Edit: Nevermind. XD

• 10 months later...
On 1/24/2017 at 9:41 PM, CYSMM said:

Regarding the MDNA Tour, Some Girls has been considered instead of I Don't Give A.

On 1/25/2017 at 10:02 PM, rebelheart93 said:

Some girls was never rehearsed or considered for the tour...there isn't any demo also

Some Girls was supposed to be on the setlist instead of Vogue. I think one dancer confirmed it in an interview for Madonna Tribe.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
On 1/24/2017 at 1:00 PM, rebelheartgermany said:

There have been a lot of reports about songs being rehearsed for some of her tours that ended up being dropped or replaced in the end. I don't know if this topic already exists but let's discuss.

The Virgin Tour would originally have concerts in Europe and Asia and have Love Don't Live Here Anymore as a performance, as well as Physical Attraction

The Girlie Show would have True Blue as an Interlude after Rain, Live to Tell instead of I'm Going Bananas and Bad Girl instead of In This Life. Words was also rumored to be inclused on the setlist

Drowned World Tour would have I Want You instead of Lo Que Siente la Mujer (according to her choreographer) and Amazing instead of either Beautiful Stranger or The Funny Song, Swim instead of Frozen and Nothing Really Matters (parts of the choreo were later used for Nobody Knows Me)

Re-Invention Tour would have I'm So Stupid, Take a Bow, Ray of Light and Dress You Up, a ballad version of Devil Wouldn't Recognize You (which was written for her musical "Hello Suckers" on which she was working on in 2003) and also I Love New York (which was also the final track on IGTTYAS)

Confessions Tour would have Everybody instead of La Isla Bonita

Sticky & Sweet Tour would have Impressive Instand / Burning Up Medley as an Interlude OR as a performance instead of Like A Prayer. Also Open Your Heart was rehearsed for the Gypsy section

MDNA Tour would have Falling Free as an Interlude instead of Justify My Love, Some Girls instead of Vogue and Physical Attraction as a performance

Rebel Heart Tour would have Hold Tight in the first section, Like A Prayer or Ray of Light instead of Burning Up and Justify My Love / Whole Lotta Love Medley on the guitar. Bitch I'm Madonna was originally the last performance of the show

Great infos :)

I really want the album version of Erotica done again! We've gotten Justify My Love in the 2010s. I want Erotica, the dirty version! She did bits and pieces of the lyrics it on the last tour. I think she even toyed with Fever. I'd love for her to toy with the Erotica album more! Deeper and Deeper for RHT was a breath of fresh air!

On 4/10/2018 at 8:04 PM, iissaacc said:

Instead of Crazy for You actually...

No, that was just a rumour.

According to Mike McKnight, the Headcleanr Rock Mix of "Love Profusion" was originally rehearsed as part of the second section of the Re-Invention Tour, following "Burning Up". Its place in the setlist was eventually taken by "Material Girl".

Once the tour had started, the band tried to convince Madonna to replace "Nothing Fails" with an acoustic version of "Love Profusion" for the European leg. However, according to MadonnaTribe, Madonna herself never actually rehearsed that version of the song.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi! My first post...

Here's some tea on original plans for the WTG tour in 1987.

There was going to be a date in Basel, Switzerland on August 31 1987, but negotiations fell through because the Swiss organisers were unwilling to pay the $1m Madonna and her team demanded. The show that took place on August 31 1987 in Nice, France, was Switzerland's replacement. (Source: Andrew Morton's 2002 biography)

The legendary Paris concert (which remains Madonna's most attended show and the most attended show in France) would have been cancelled if Sceaux's mayor (Parc de Sceaux is in the town of Sceaux, in the city of Paris) had his way. Then President Jacques Chirac overruled him and gave the concert the go-ahead because his daughter was a huge Madonna fan at the time. Source: https://www.nytimes.com/1987/08/29/arts/chirac-says-oui-to-madonna-and-angers-a-local-mayor.html

The show in St Paul was originally to be held at the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome, but was moved to the St Paul Civic Center due to slow ticket sales. Source: http://www.startribune.com/madonna-in-1987-sleeker-more-assured-and-terrific/176669621/

There was originally going to be a show on July 30 1987 at the Hoosier Dome in Indianapolis. Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/archive/lifestyle/1987/06/10/madonnas-mixed-reception/0c21a314-326f-4cd8-b0e5-bb80aa601e10/??noredirect=on