Take A Day, is it really a Rebel Heart song?

gafuller

I'm just so curious about it. I like the song, but its so Hard Candy but the vocals sound so Rebel Heart. Would y'all include it in a Rebel Heart playlist? If so then where? I know Rebel Heart is quite the scattered messed and even the best reorganization still leaves some wanting, but if there any two songs Take A Day should fit between, what would they be?

I have it in the weird part of my RH playlist which segues out of the more urban/hip hop from Holy Water into Best Night with Inside Out Extended Mix going into weird stuff so Take A Day followed by Unapologetic Bitch (also kinda beachy/reggae) then Joan of Arc (the version without the cheesy drum track), Messiah, Beautiful Scars demo and Rebel Heart. It fits nicely. I have it in another playlist before Bitch I'm Madonna, the demo with the guitars and monkey noises cuz that's weird too.

Sidebar there are a few versions of what I think is the same demo with jacked up volume levels and what not. There is a good sounding version of Take A Day however I heard one on headphones that sounded dreadful as well, same track length. Shame, really. I call the sound of that track Karen Carpenter on ecstasy. She's all nice and cute then she's humping your leg. It's also one of the most Neptunes or N.E.R.D. sounding tracks she made with Pharrell. I was so hoping a finished version would surface it's a jazzy tune.

It's totally a Rebel Heart song, just one of the better "not so good" ones. I don't hate the deluge of demos but it did make RH the first album I don't listen to the "official" version of, ever really. I would also never listen to shit like Back It Up (Do It), Trust No Bitch or Score ever again. These things are better left in the vault or trash or whatevz.

I'm just so curious about it. I like the song, but its so Hard Candy but the vocals sound so Rebel Heart. Would y'all include it in a Rebel Heart playlist? If so then where? I know Rebel Heart is quite the scattered messed and even the best reorganization still leaves some wanting, but if there any two songs Take A Day should fit between, what would they be?

All of Pharrell's demos for RH sound like they belong in the Hard Candy era.  Back That Up is my fav!