Madonna and the Breakfast Club Doc

groovyguy

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@LivingForLove94As you requested, I merged the two threads!

As for the trailer: she is stunning, so similar! But this we knew already. As I feared, her voice sounds much different though. But you can't have it all... I also wish they will use original material with Madonna's real voice for the musical performances (maybe the "bedroom tapes"?), and not covers like for the new song (Cold Wind) which is also featured in the trailer.

I can't wait to see the whole movie... The interviews look so interesting!!!! If the movie really covers the period until Everybody, I am very curious to see the whole Emmy/Gotham treatment.

8 minutes ago, Enrico said:

@LivingForLove94As you requested, I merged the two threads!

As for the trailer: she is stunning, so similar! But this we knew already. As I feared, her voice sounds much different though. But you can't have it all... I also wish they will use original material with Madonna's real voice for the musical performances (maybe the "bedroom tapes"?), and not covers like for the new song (Cold Wind) which is also featured in the trailer.

I can't wait to see the whole movie... The interviews look so interesting!!!! If the movie really covers the period until Everybody, I am very curious to see the whole Emmy/Gotham treatment.

Thanks! 

Yes, her voice isn't similar at all, that's my only complaint but as for the rest...wow! It looks phenomenal, especially the interviews! and the actress looks identical :scary:

Looking forward to this! 

I will say this... they got the look down pretty good.  Unfortunately, based on the Trailer, I feel like they lost something with the vibe Madonna had.  This girl doesn't seem to be able to give off that same attitude and ambition Madonna has.  Then again, it's really hard for me to watch someone play Madonna.  She's one of the very few entertainers I've followed so closely that for me, it would be hard to find someone to play her.   Though, I certainly appreciate the fact they are trying to portray Madonna in a fair way and not trying to dish on her.   I can really tell, they wanted to really capture the essence of who Madonna was.  Again, the look they got down, but something still is amiss when it comes to the vibe Madonna gives off with this girl playing her.

I must be honest. I was really excited about this film because the pre-Madonna era is so fascinating and kind of mysterious... and all those pictures where the actress has short dark hair make her miraculously similar to the real thing. However, as soon as she started wearing the blond wig to portray the First Album era I felt something looked off. The Like a Virgin cover session is not good either as it seems they chose the worst angles which make her look chubby. The Papa Don't Preach look is seriously the worst. Nothing to do there.

I know it's unfair to judge a film only for its trailer but so far it hasn't done anything for me. Also, her acting feels ackward in the few scenes we can hear her. I honestly hope the result is not that catastrophic :bothered2:

45 minutes ago, madgefan said:

I must be honest. I was really excited about this film because the pre-Madonna era is so fascinating and kind of mysterious... and all those pictures where the actress has short dark hair make her miraculously similar to the real thing. However, as soon as she started wearing the blond wig to portray the First Album era I felt something looked off. The Like a Virgin cover session is not good either as it seems they chose the worst angles which make her look chubby. The Papa Don't Preach look is seriously the worst. Nothing to do there.

I know it's unfair to judge a film only for its trailer but so far it hasn't done anything for me. Also, her acting feels ackward in the few scenes we can hear her. I honestly hope the result is not that catastrophic :bothered2:

To be fair, Madonna even considered herself to be a bit chubby in those days.  It seemed just as she was rising to fame, she was probably had more weight on her than she had before and long after.

I'm confused though?  If this is supposed to be about her pre-fame days, why are they even showing "Papa Don't Preach" and Virgin era.  I can understand that they show a bit of the first album era and maybe even the first part of the Virgin era, since Madonna still featured songs on both those album that were based off of early song in The Breakfast Club/Emmy era, but after that, why "Papa Don't Preach"??

Maybe because deep inside she always was saying “Papa, don’t preach”.  Like maybe it was connected to his actual feeling with her doing her own thing. I’m probably wrong, but I don’t doubt there was ever a time where she said dad, don’t worry, I’m good. And being the strong woman she has always been, no matter what she went through, I’m sure she said that to him through everything. 

19 hours ago, madgefan said:

I agree with you! i can't with these pics looks nothing like Madonna

but she looks like Madonna here

• Enrico changed the title to Madonna and the Breakfast Club Doc