Madonna and the Breakfast Club Doc

groovyguy

Breakfast Club period:

Tell the Truth

Moving Along

Trouble

Again and Again (Over and over)

Simon Says

Cold Wind (recreation + M isolated vocals)

Danny's Song

Letter to Daddy (Baby won't you please come home)

Madonna and the Sky period:

Safe neighborhood

Emmy period:

Heartbreaker (cover) - although I think this may an original song, "Emmy" written by Guy Guido (see end credits), nothing to do with the song Heartbreaker known from an Emmy setlist

Gotham period:

Get up

5 hours ago, Enrico said:

I asked Guy Guido, the staff, they are working on it, but they don't know.

They need permission from the Girloy Bros to release all these songs...

The snippets in the movie are really too short.

What a vague & ridicoulous answer... it should have been included in the project since day 1, the Bros brothers seemed to be part of this thing from the beginning... seriously... they never talked about that? I'm deeply irritated to have a product that works as a "tease" to sell the DVD and not as a complete document as it was presented. However, I first need to see the movie in its entirety to confirm this first bad impression I got.

Guy Guido did a wonderful job, this is a must see for every fan. They paid great attention to detail, cool interviews and you could sense that everyone involved has the utmost respect for Madonna. The camera loves Jamie Auld (Madonna) and Calvine Knie (Dan) is such a cutie. Wishing this film the best of success!.

Ok, I admit it. Although we already knew 99% of the story, the movie is still GREAT and you should all watch it. The trailer doesn't do it justice as we rushed to criticize almost everything about it (isn't it the same everytime Madonan puts some new music out there?). We also get to hear longer snippets of those homemade recordings. I loved the line "Do you cry when I cry?". Wonderfully put. The only thing that still bothers me is the cheap wig they made Jamie wear... could have been better, isn't it? Anyway, go watch it right now. You won't regret it :bothered:

Well, I have to admit that it's not that bad as I expected. I mean it is not a great film but same time not that bad film neither. It just little bit boring. you know, at that time Madonna was so ambitious and so alive like a fire and Scarlett O'hara from novel 'Gone with the wind' but they portray her in this film too much calm. too much calm like Melanie wilkes Not a Scarlett O'hara! So it feels like you're middle of bunch of grandfather's tea time chit chat party at retirement apartment.

But I have to say that this is not that bad at all. 

The most enjoyable part is when Madonna visit their Music video shooting set. She did give to them such a sweet moment. I mean People treat like them nobody then this huge mega pop star suddenly visit them and even kiss them. So people suddenly treat them as somebody. Its like one of movie story. you know. 

Madonna has such a warm and sweet heart .

And the scene about her speech of hall of fame, which she mention about them. That is such a lovely scene. They are so proud of it.:heart:

14 hours ago, Enrico said:

Norris Burroughs was sooo handsome! Burning Up video doesn't do him justice. No wonder he was M's first beau in NY.

She told him he looked like Brando:

yvo2vmadonna.jpg

Are we sure he is featured in the Burning Up video? I have his book, but there is no mention of this ... also, seems to be a different person in the video, but not sure... anyone can confirm or debunk?

10 minutes ago, MisterMistere said:

Are we sure he is featured in the Burning Up video? I have his book, but there is no mention of this ... also, seems to be a different person in the video, but not sure... anyone can confirm or debunk?

The internet says it's him, but he looks very different and not as handsome! So I checked again and it's not him!

http://amomadonna.blogspot.com/2013/08/ken-compton.html

Ken Compton:

One man who succeeded in turning the tables on Madonna was artist-musician Ken Compton. Blond, blue-eyed and angular, Compton did not appear to be Madonna's type physically. "Madonna usually goes for Latin or light-skinned black men," Barbone said. "Kenny was very Aryan-looking, and very much in control of his feelings. He did the kind of number on Madonna that she did on everybody else - not returning phone calls, being late, cheating with other girls. She'd be on the phone to him screaming, crying. Ken drove her crazy." march 1983 A video is also commissioned for "Burning Up" (although it doesn't debut on MTV until the following October) when interest for Madonna starts to build in the mainstream. Sire brings in designer Maripol to be the stylist for Madonna, while Madonna's close friend Debi Mazar does the make-up. One of Madonna's many on-again-off-again boyfriends, Ken Compton was cast as the love interest in the video. Steve Barron (who had just come off of directing Michael Jackson's "Billie Jean" video) was hired as the director. I had just introduced Madonna, who was not famous yet, to Jean-Michel at New York University’s Bowling Alley, in the Village. The bowling alley was a popular hang out on Monday nights and had a “retro rockabilly” feel to it. Our posse had more of a thrift shop Armani-style, a crossover Mudd Club punk genre with a Studio 54 arrogance. We flirted with danger by often visiting the Teddy-Boy crowd and their clubs. Some of the Teddy-Boys were actually very tough street fighters, which resulted in nightly brawls outside the bowling alley. We all knew most of them were just “posers” trying to hit on the cute women in their retro-bowling attire. As the evening wore on, Madonna grabbed my hand and led me to a far corner just outside the men's room. She looked straight into my eyes and said how much she liked me and her lips headed towards mine. I was quite shocked by the way she kissed me with such passion. After about two minutes of gratuitous kissing and groping each other, I saw the men's room door open to reveal Kenny Compton, who had been Madonna's steady boyfriend for quite a while, frozen in astonishment at our actions. Kenny and I were always good friends and remain so to this day, but I will never forget the look on his face—probably exactly what Madonna had planned. She was quite the scene maker in those days, always pushing those around her to emotional extremes.

14 hours ago, Enrico said:

Norris Burroughs was sooo handsome!

yvo2vmadonna.jpg

17 hours ago, Enrico said:

Cold Wind (recreation + M isolated vocals)

I thought the same! he was really hot with that beard!!! and those lips!!! hehehehehe :-P

And i'd love to hear a full M version of "Cold Wind", i loooooooooooooooooooooove it!!!!!.

And yes, the doc is a must see/must have. Really well done, like a crossover between a biopic and "Driven" or "Evolution". LOVED IT.

I just CANNOT believe they used an "original song" (I'd prefer to say, FAKE song). Innocence Lost, again?! And again, even if it was the real snippet, it's totally out of place: she performed 'Heartbreaker' in the Uncle Sam 1981 gig, where the tracklist is spotted in the George Dubose photos.... the "pajama" performance was way before! They have talked with Camille Barbone (remember their early FB posts?!), they had tons of materials from the Gilroys, the result is what? Nearly 4/5 minutes of music (plus a fake song) in a docudrama about a great piece of history IN MUSIC?! Seriously? Madonna is a singer, not a novel-writer. They did a wonderful job in recreating the performances, but... what's the point to include 30 secs of those? Imagine watching Truth Or Dare and seeing 25 secs of Express Yourself or Keep it Together :((( So poor choices. They even showed the wrong Gotham tape, the one they show is a tape sold on ebay years ago, and is a personal Madonna back-up copy, since is handwritten by her on the label and there is Burning Up on it. The distributed-to-labels cassette, and this is history, had NO Burning Up. They even used the e-bay auction photo of it. My God. And, in the end, those horrible WIGS. Defo a product not for me. I'll pass this. Heavily disappointed here, after 3 years of waiting and teasing.

Im glad Madonna was not involved she would have wanted it about her whole life and talk abotu malawi and kaballah yada yada and we have the wonderful Madonna Rising special. the girl was her twin in some parts but some angles no. She is gorg i feel like she should have lost like 10 pounds cause madonna was so super skinny and fit and her speaking voice was not Madonna at all but they did a great job at capturing her essence . close enough for me watched it twice

it was good. I thought it was a fucking movie though and I was a little disappointed to see it was like recreations like a lifetime Drama or Unsolved Mysteries. 

She was a great Madonna. better than anyone could have ever asked for. Definitely one of the better stories of her life. 

I hate the tapes of them talking though. They're so weird and awkward. 

4 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

I hate the tapes of them talking though. They're so weird and awkward. 

When I was a kid I used to play with my sister and cousins using a cassette stereo or a walkman. We would record our voices and pretend we were hosts or famous people being interviewed like in a radio show. I can only see Madonna and Dan's recording as a mere innocent game. After all, it's not like these tapes were ever intended to be commercially released.

Mine arrived last night. Saw it today. Love it. Love the focus on her musical journey, the transition from her wanting to be a professional dancer to embarking on a music career. This docu biopic shows clearly how her drive, ambition and most of all, hard work propelled her to superstardom. This has heightened my admiration & respect for her discipline & her focus on getting what she wants. I’m so glad I bought the dvd.