groovyguy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

groovyguy

Legacy Critical Acclaim ·         Entertainment Weekly's Nicholas Fonseca felt that Like a Prayer marked "an official turning point" of Madonna's career, which earned her "a long-awaited, substantive dose of critical acclaim".  ·         Mark Savage from BBC noted that the album's release "marks the moment when critics first begin to describe Madonna as an artist, rather than a mere pop singer".  ·         Glen Levy from Time stated: "Madonna has always been a keen student of pop-culture

groovyguy

·         The Pre- Madonna Era http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/11688-the-pre-madonna-era/?p=542015 ·         The First Album Era http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/11796-the-madonna-first-album-era/?p=547412 ·         The Like a Virgin Era http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/12035-the-like-a-virgin-era/?p=557045 ·         The True Blue Era http://www.madonna-infinity.net/forums/index.php?/topic/12055-the-true-blue-era/?p=557

groovyguy

Madonna Producer Patrick Leonard Talks 'Like A Prayer' at 25 http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/5944767/madonna-producer-patrick-leonard-talks-like-a-prayer-at-25   Mention the name Patrick Leonard to a Madonna fan, and their ears should immediately perk up. After all, it was Leonard who co-wrote and/or co-produced many of Madonna's classic hit singles like "Live to Tell," "Open Your Heart," "Frozen" and "Like a Prayer." Producer Patrick Leonard   The latter cut

Posted Images

3 hours ago, groovyguy said:

Star of the "Like a Prayer" video Leon Robinson talks about the clip, which premiered 30 years ago today #madonna #madonnatv #likeaprayer30 #likeaprayer #leonrobinson #marylambert #sharonoreck

The video is amazing. It's powerful and beautiful.

Like many other times, I spent this time wondering what the controversy was about. Through Madonna's career it wasn't like as a fan I was "in on it." I was genuinely confused by people and thier over the top reactions to anything she said or did.

I naively thought they are just completely ignoring the story and if they really watched the video they would see that it's message is good. It never occurred to me that they do see it and might not like the message. "I think," like Madonna?" I tend to live in my own world where everything is as it should be. 

It seems that an over the top reaction could mean that a nerve has been hit. I think a lot of Madonna's work is about facing things. Facing things about yourself, other people, reality....and she's rarely subtle. Anyone who remembers Madonna around this time period knows she was anything but subtle. Bringing things up that is not being talked about "or faced" often makes people uncomfortable. So instead of facing things, they dismissed her meaning and tried thier best to dismiss her. 

I think she is still hitting nerves today, including her own. I will always love her for her search for the truth. 

Like A Prayer is a search for and finding the truth. ❤

3 hours ago, groovyguy said:

The only thing that’s changed in our society is that the left and right have appeared to switch places. The left seem to be the racists that want to censor freedom of speech and are unable to think artistically or intellectually. It’s sad, but Madonna will be back turning both sides upside down. Here’s to moving forward. Set the right. Move straight ahead. 

• 1 year later...
On 3/5/2019 at 5:38 AM, 12inch said:

The only thing that’s changed in our society is that the left and right have appeared to switch places. The left seem to be the racists that want to censor freedom of speech and are unable to think artistically or intellectually. It’s sad, but Madonna will be back turning both sides upside down. Here’s to moving forward. Set the right. Move straight ahead. 

Are u confused?  :Madonna048:

On 3/4/2019 at 2:22 AM, 12inch said:

Im dying for a good controversial video. Something that will shake people up and get everyone talking. Beyond any controversy ever.

And then God Control appeared !!

image.png.84929dca7383e181292ebb51ed2a3f47.png

Unfortunately, it seems there is no such thing as a good controversy anymore, is there ?

49 minutes ago, Mister_Pop said:

And then God Control appeared !!

image.png.84929dca7383e181292ebb51ed2a3f47.png

Unfortunately, it seems there is no such thing as a good controversy anymore, is there ?

I know she had good intentions with this video but it just came across as exploitation and her look in this video ( apart from the dark hair typewriter scenes ) was not good either ? I don’t think I’ve ever watched this video more than once 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
4 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I know she had good intentions with this video but it just came across as exploitation and her look in this video ( apart from the dark hair typewriter scenes ) was not good either ? I don’t think I’ve ever watched this video more than once 

I think it looked good with the hat but yeah once it came off it didn’t really suit her.