**What moment made you a fan?**

I cannot recall the 'exact' moment, as it was so long ago. But it was when I was a child growing up in Hong Kong. During some TV commercial breaks, they used to sometimes play various music videos. This was in 1986 and the True Blue video was in heavy rotation. I fell in love with the song. I then convinced my parents to buy the album on cassette, and it all began from there. I still rank the True Blue album as one of her finest! I was 6 years old!

• 1 month later...

Oh, reading yours posts makes me feel really old!!!! Hahahaha, now I know how Madonna feels when people talks about her age :P

I told you in another post the story of my sister buying "Madonna" album just because she wanted it so she decided it would be the perfect present for me... but now what I remember about me becoming a fan.

I think that everything started with "Material girl" and "Into the groove". I don't remember seeing the video for "Like a virgin" but the "Material girl" one was played on TV very often. I fell in love with her. She was so glamorous, she had style and the song was incredible. The next video I remember was "Into the groove" and "Dress you up" and it was like "Wow, is the same person? Where's the style and the glamour? She's just wild" and that made me fall in love with her deeper and deeper.

And now, boys and girls, a story of your grandpa :P: I live in a small town, north of Spain. It was the 80's and I don't know how to explain but for me everybody in the town was the same. Watching Madonna was like breathing fresh air. I remember a girl at school copied all her looks (in a very good way) and I was all day around her. She was 4 years older than me and I never talked to her (I'm a shy guy)... But I remember one day. Was the last day before X-mas at the school and we made a little party doing playbacks and things like that. I remember I made a theatre performance about Jesus birth. (I was Saint Joseph). When we finished our English teacher went to the stage and said that the next one would be "Madonna" playing "Lucky star". The girl was by my side (I didn't notice that) and before going on stage she blow me a kiss and said "This is for you, Saint Joseph" and blinked me an eye... She was so Madonna... I think that was what made me a real fan... I'd love to see that girl again. hahahaha.

• 3 months later...

I was about 9 years old, when BAT was broadcast on an open TV channel here in Brazil. I remember my parents, at one point in the show, telling me and my brothers to go to sleep, all of a sudden. But at that moment I was only surprised as a child to see the spectacle. After that I listened to the IC ... but I still did not relate things very much. It was in 1994 that I asked for the "Bedtime" for my birthday gitf to my mom, and I felt in love since .... hence I was collecting magazines, singles, etc.

First time Hung Up and Sorry were massive, I never liked the tracks. However, it wasn't until Get Together came out that I started to love Madonna and I ended buying the cd single for $4.95 from Trax. Then afterwards, I remember Jump coming out and watching the music video on Rage top 50 countdown and completely falling in love with the single and music video which made me want to go out to buy the album.

• 1 month later...

First time Hung Up and Sorry were massive, I never liked the tracks. However, it wasn't until Get Together came out that I started to love Madonna and I ended buying the cd single for $4.95 from Trax. Then afterwards, I remember Jump coming out and watching the music video on Rage top 50 countdown and completely falling in love with the single and music video which made me want to go out to buy the album.

I can't imagine starting as a fan that far along in her career.  I remember as a teen, going nuts over the first few albums and all the singles released before really sinking my feet in as a fan.  I can bet for some it may be overwhelming to go back through all her catalog. 

But nothing beats being right there when she rose to fame.  Some of those moments you had to be there to experience to know the impact she had... and all the fuss she kicked up with various songs and videos.  For many, it seems hard to believe as much of what she did is considered tame these days. 

Im a fan since Hung up came out. I was 9 years old and went craaazy about everything related to madonna. She was all over the place, I remember planning to help her to stay on #1, with me turning on every radio we got, when hung up was played, so the radio stations keep playing her because they see that the viewers number is rising when shes played, so i thought. Same for tv, I always switched to mtv to check if she airing, even though the whole family was watching a movie :D i was addicted to check it. I even slept with the radio on and I remember one night dreaming of myself watching tv and the sorry video airs in tv, when I woke up I realised that it was playing in the radio just that moment. i guess i know at least a little bit how this feeling for the "older" fans must have been, without getting your daily dosis of madonna by youtube/instagram and hoping her music is played.

Today, everybody knows I'm crazy for her and I have a lot of friends who always think of me when they hear something about M. I guess you guys have the same status in your social life :D

post-4340-0-45704500-1516583407_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...