Fever - Girlie Show from Tokyo

sumusicman

So I just heard Fever from The Girlie Show Live from Tokyo for the first time and was amazed at what she did at the ending of the song..."What a lovely way to spend the rest of my life and burrr...urrnn"!  I love all the changes/nuances she put in the songs during the course of this tour!..here's a list of my favorites...can anyone add to this?

Fever - "I'm burning up" and the aforementioned (Japan shows)

Rain - "Never go away" repeated just before Just My Imagination and "oh baby" after (Fukuoka)

Like A Virgin - "Gin and Tonic" (London) - why didn't she keep this in??

Deeper and Deeper - "Love to Love you Baby" (Mexico) & the extension of "I just want to love you right/hold you tight" (Japan shows)

La Isla Bonita - "me, me me me me that's all i ever think about" (various) and "Lucy, you're in trouble!" (Toronto)

Speech part - singing "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" (Buenos Aires) and "The Girl from Ipanema" (Rio)

I'm sure I'm missing stuff (especially from Holiday and Everybody), but feel free to add in case I haven't discovered everything!

So much stuff changed during these shows. The song during Holiday would change from country to country. She had a "safe" version that served as a base and then she would play around with the lyrics.

In France, for instance, she sang "I don't care what you've been told/ Gaultier makes better clothes", while in London she sang "I don't care if he has a small dick/ as long as he knows how to use that stick".

The speech before I'm Going Bananas would also change depending on where she was, but it would basically be about "fuck women! we fuck women! we do? fuck it!".

During Everybody, the band ad libs would also change. In Paris, for instance, the keyboard guy played the intro to La Marseillase (you can find this at a very good quality since this show was released as a bootleg).

Those are some I remember from the top of my head.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
On 06/07/2017 at 1:16 AM, sumusicman said:

So I just heard Fever from The Girlie Show Live from Tokyo for the first time and was amazed at what she did at the ending of the song..."What a lovely way to spend the rest of my life and burrr...urrnn"!  I love all the changes/nuances she put in the songs during the course of this tour!..here's a list of my favorites...can anyone add to this?

Fever - "I'm burning up" and the aforementioned (Japan shows)

Rain - "Never go away" repeated just before Just My Imagination and "oh baby" after (Fukuoka)

Like A Virgin - "Gin and Tonic" (London) - why didn't she keep this in??

Deeper and Deeper - "Love to Love you Baby" (Mexico) & the extension of "I just want to love you right/hold you tight" (Japan shows)

La Isla Bonita - "me, me me me me that's all i ever think about" (various) and "Lucy, you're in trouble!" (Toronto)

Speech part - singing "Don't Cry for Me Argentina" (Buenos Aires) and "The Girl from Ipanema" (Rio)

I'm sure I'm missing stuff (especially from Holiday and Everybody), but feel free to add in case I haven't discovered everything!

I love how this part of 'Deeper and Deeper' developed along the tour. Even between the Sydney and Fukuoka dates. This section really shows her vocals are amazing.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...