Sign in to follow this  
clkelley39

Burning Up/The First Album

Which version of "Burning Up" is on 'The First Album' (as in, the European re-release of 'Madonna')? As far as the CD goes, the back cover says the running time for "Burning Up" is 4:48, but the disc itself says 3:45. Example: http://madonnarecords.com/data/cover.asp?ID=2629

I'm asking because if the CD has the 4:48 version, I'm probably going to buy it off ebay or something. 

Yes, the CD version is the 3:45 version. As far as I know the 4:48 was included just on "The Firs Album" vinyl and cassette albums and as a B-Side of "Angel" 12'' maxi-single in some countries.

Yep. I've wanted a digital version of this forever but it hasn't ever been commercially released.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4:48 version has never appeared on CD because this version appears "normally" only on the first pressings of the album MADONNA.

In USA the second press of this LP contains the 3:45 version (certainly to promote the video of BURNING UP)
But the movement did not follow on the publishing vinyl in Europe. So all the other press in vinyl contains the 4:48's one, even THE FIRST ALBUM in 1985.

For the CD, they all contain the 3:45 version because the first CD appeared in 1984, one year after its initial release.

I'm pretty sure i have somewhere on my PC a digital rip of the Alternate version. For the celebration collection many stuff that only was on vinyl before became digital availble for collectors.

I shall try to find it this weekend and if i do share it with ya all.

I'm pretty sure i have somewhere on my PC a digital rip of the Alternate version. For the celebration collection many stuff that only was on vinyl before became digital availble for collectors.

please and share the Open Your Heart Remix on digital rip please @@Beam of Light

Please do share :)

I've often seen people referring to the 4:48 version as the Jellybean remix, and I'm just wondering how we know which version was remixed by Jellybean. Is this just speculation on the part of fans or is there a source for this information somewhere that I'm not aware of? From what I can tell, Jellybean is credited with remixing the song on all pressings of the album regardless of which version of Burning Up is included. Not that I would necessarily take that as confirmation that both album versions are Jellybean remixes, but it's possible, isn't it? Both album versions sound quite different from Lucas's original production on the 12" single – and from his production style on the album in general.

I've often seen people referring to the 4:48 version as the Jellybean remix, and I'm just wondering how we know which version was remixed by Jellybean. Is this just speculation on the part of fans or is there a source for this information somewhere that I'm not aware of? From what I can tell, Jellybean is credited with remixing the song on all pressings of the album regardless of which version of Burning Up is included. Not that I would necessarily take that as confirmation that both album versions are Jellybean remixes, but it's possible, isn't it? Both album versions sound quite different from Lucas's original production on the 12" single – and from his production style on the album in general.

My guess is that the 4:48 version if the Jellybean remix. Listening to his other remixes, the overuse of silly 80's echo/reverb effects alone is evidence enough of his involvement. 

My guess is that the 4:48 version if the Jellybean remix. Listening to his other remixes, the overuse of silly 80's echo/reverb effects alone is evidence enough of his involvement. 

I agree that the 4:48 version definitely sounds like Jellybean's mix, but there are elements of the shorter album version that also sound like they could have been his. Even the fact that only the original Lucas production stems but neither of the album version stems have leaked seems to suggest that perhaps Reggie might not have been directly involved with either of the album versions.