Madonna files for emergency court order to stop auction selling prison letter from Tupac Shakur, her ‘personally worn panties’

Brendanlovesu1

She’s a “material girl†— and those are her materials.

Madonna sought an emergency court order Tuesday barring an auction house from putting an array of her memorabilia up for sale, including her private letters, “personally worn panties†and a handwritten letter to her from her former boyfriend Tupac Shakur while he was in prison.

In an affidavit, the singer says that on July 8 she became aware of the planned auction by Gotta Have Rock and Roll of many of her belongings, which she thought were still in her possession.

“I became aware through media reports that there was a planned auction of extremely personal, private correspondence I received from a former boyfriend, the late recording artist and actor Tupac Shakur,†Madonna said.

“I was shocked to learn of the planned auctioning of the Shakur Letter, as I had no idea that the Shakur Letter was no longer in my possession. I have never sold, gifted, transferred or otherwise disposed of the Shakur Letter.â€

The papers seek an order from a judge halting the online auction, scheduled for Wednesday, of more than 100 items.

Madonna points the finger at Darlene Lutz, an art consultant and “former friend†who she had welcomed into her homes.

“It seems obvious that Defendant Lutz betrayed my trust in an outrageous effort to obtain my possessions without my knowledge or consent and now attempts to profit by auctioning off my personal belongings and private communications to the general public in complete disregard of my rights, especially my right to privacy,†the “Material Girl†singer said.

The suit says the items include private letters and other correspondence between Madonna, her family and celebrities and former boyfriends, private photographs, unreleased recordings, a personal checkbook, previously worn underwear and a hairbrush with the singer’s hair.

More at NYDailyNews

http://madonnaunderground.com/madonna-files-for-emergency-court-order-to-stop-auction-selling-prison-letter-from-tupac-shakur-her-personally-worn-panties/

I thought this was hinky from day one. This stuff did not look like things madonna would have just given to someone, or thrown away. I actually was talking to my daughter when these came up on the auction and said it just looked like she stole it. I hope madonna wins and takes this women to the cleaners.

Madonna wins emergency halt to auction of ‘personally worn panties,' Tupac prison letter

Madonna won an emergency court order Tuesday barring an auction house from putting an array of memorabilia up for bid, including her love letters, “personally worn panties†and a handwritten letter from her former boyfriend Tupac Shakur while he was in prison.

The temporary restraining order issued by Justice Gerald Lebovits halted, for now, the online auction by Gotta Have Rock and Roll that was to begin Wednesday morning.

tumblr_md5d62Fvgo1rk96voo1_400.gif

The auction includes more than 120 of Madonna’s items, though the Queen of Pop sought to block the sale of only 22 of them. Her lawyer Brendan O’Rourke described those lots as “highly confidential and embarrassing.â€

A spokesman for the E. 57th St. auction house said “Madonna and her legal army have taken what we believe to be a completely baseless and meritless action to temporarily halt the sale of Ms. Lutz’s legal property. We believe that her intent is nothing more than to besmirch the good reputations of the auction house and Ms. Lutz.â€

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/madonna-wins-halt-auction-worn-panties-tupac-letter-article-1.3335954

Hope Darlene take her revenge uploading a HQ rip of all those cassettes for free... Just to make Madonna angry.

Now seriously, I can see why Madonna is doing this and I completly agree with her. I guess it's not funny to see very personal things for sell when you don't want them to be sold and when it's not clear how those things got into the seller's hands.

A spokesman for the E. 57th St. auction house said “Madonna and her legal army have taken what we believe to be a completely baseless and meritless action to temporarily halt the sale of Ms. Lutz’s legal property. We believe that her intent is nothing more than to besmirch the good reputations of the auction house and Ms. Lutz.â€

well, who is truly besmirching whom here... idiots.

A spokesman for the E. 57th St. auction house said “Madonna and her legal army have taken what we believe to be a completely baseless and meritless action to temporarily halt the sale of Ms. Lutz’s legal property. We believe that her intent is nothing more than to besmirch the good reputations of the auction house and Ms. Lutz.”

tenor.gif

I realize it was stolen. So it should be stopped. But i don't understand why she wouldn't want her fans to have a piece of her hair. I can't afford to buy anything from the auction. but if i could i would love to have hair from her & marilyn monroe. Maybe i'm a geek but i don't think there's not any fans that wouldn't want a piece of there idols hair to hang in a frame. along with a picture.

No offence but I definitely would not want a piece of her hanging from my wall. oh my goodness. Really creeps me out, that and John Lennon's tooth that was up for auction. 

Still the Catalogue is online in full...

I wouldn't mind having a copy of the LAP demos, to be honest!

Not really interested in collecting part of her body ahahaha

24 hours ago the lots dropped from 113 to maybe 50? How dumb can she be uploading a hairbrush with M's hair! It could be my neighbour's hair for all I know! Some iconic coats and dress wore for Evita and DSS and TV performances were on display few years ago in London and I think one day she'll do a major display in a museum... 

I can understand auctioning cards with her autograph but she flew to close to the sun hahaha...

24 hours ago the lots dropped from 113 to maybe 50? How dumb can she be uploading a hairbrush with M's hair! It could be my neighbour's hair for all I know! Some iconic coats and dress wore for Evita and DSS and TV performances were on display few years ago in London and I think one day she'll do a major display in a museum... 

I can understand auctioning cards with her autograph but she flew to close to the sun hahaha...

Well, according to Madonna, this Lutz women was a former art consultant and friend, and lifted all these items from her home which Madonna thought she was still in possession of.  If that auction house can't see this is merely a thief selling someone else's items than I'd say their business is probably shady in the first place.

Though, I guess I wouldn't lie, if I worked for Madonna I'd probably lift a few items for keepsakes, but I never dream of selling. At the same time, I have no desire to lift items like underwear or her hair, etc., To me that is a bit weird and strange.  On the other hand, before taking anything, I'd probably find a way to acquire some possessions with her permission before just taking it like some petty thief.

^^^well, exactly what i'm saying.

i was emphasizing that the pure fact that the auctioning house intended to sell madonna's personal belongings is not much shadier than auctioning off the other articles they sell.

the business itself is shady in general. that's all i was saying. so no wonder there!

^^^well, exactly what i'm saying.

i was emphasizing that the pure fact that the auctioning house intended to sell madonna's personal belongings is not much shadier than auctioning off the other articles they sell.

the business itself is shady in general. that's all i was saying. so no wonder there!

I'm not sure why you needed to clarify that since I didn't disagree with anything you said or question it. But thank you anyways!!  :wink:

What I don't understand is that she didn't stop the sale of the virgin corset, but more so the Jean Paul Gaultier portfolio! those are original sketches that should be archived or published or whatever. I was lucky enough to see the original sketches of LAV, EY etc. at an exhibition and these are gorgeous works of art. I don't get why M thinks, nah, you can sell those but I want my bachelorette pics back