malleoni

Patrick Leonard Live in NYC - 9/12

Patrick Leonard is performing live in NYC on September 12th at Joe's Pub. Tickets are $40, and he is supposed to perform piano renditions of the songs he wrote with M, as well as his other hits. Tickets just went up for sale at the Public Theater website.

post-591-0-12360900-1501030996_thumb.png

Great interview, thanks @@groovyguy!

Finally we get an explanation for the MJ/La Isla connection.

Pity they didn't ask about Possessive love or Just a dream.

I wonder what he would think of the later interpretations with backing tracks! :nope:

He should listen to the beautiful DWT rendition of La isla bonita!

I really hope this general interest for PL gets Madonna's attention and maybe she finally decides to do something with her back catalogue.. :Madonna004:

Wow! Thanks for posting this.  This is a must read for all those fans who demand she does this or that and think she's lost the plot or what not. I have no doubt, Madonna works the same way today as she did with Leonard and the many other producers and writers she worked with her, that said she's a great artist, and very involved.  She's still old school and we know it when she admitted getting frustrated with how the recording process has become lately with her more recent co-writers and producers.  And I'm glad he said something regarding the criticism that she should work with him again. He's so right!  You can't re-create the magic.  People move on.  If Madonna and he worked together again in the future, it definitely will be something different and new, and hardly nostalgic.

So exciting! Definitely the most interesting thing happening in this period!

Some of the best M songs finally get a live performance!

He's a man ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Spanish eyes ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

M should really make some new music with Pat