Love Hurts - Junior or Shep?

Jackie

SO I was reading some of the 'Erotica' diaries this morning and came across the part where Shep talks about how 'Erotic' came about....

'You have all these great stories in the book, I told her, Why don’t you use them in the song? I knew that Madonna was developing a 1930s dominatrix look for Erotica, but I didn’t realize how far she was willing to go before I saw Sex. It contained stories authored by her mysteriously dark alter, Dita. Madonna took the book and walked out of the room and didn’t come back until about half an hour later. Suddenly she was on the mic, speaking in this very dry voice. My name is Dita, she said, and I’ll be your mistress tonight. I knew that the original Erotica would never be the same again, and it wasn’t. The chorus and bridge were changed entirely and the whole psyche of the song became sexier, more to the point. It seemed as if Dita brought out the best in her, actually serving as a vehicle for the dangerous territory she was traveling. Actually, it was the same name Madonna used when she’d stay in hotels around the world. Not anymore.'

SO the lyrics are almost identical to 'Love Hurts' (other than some obvious differences)....so either the diaries were done wrong or Shep was not aware that Madonna had actually done 'Love Hurts' earlier....or 'Love Hurts' is a Shep demo and not a Junior one....

Thoughts?

As far as I know, the order goes:

Love Hurts (Junior) -> You Thrill Me (Shep) -> Erotic (Shep) -> Erotica (Shep)

So he's probably talking about how the song changed from YTM to Erotic.

I've been getting worried about my memory recently, and yesterday was evidently a brain fart day.  How did I forget about YTM?  More worried about forgetting that, than recently forgetting my date of birth. 

• 4 weeks later...