How do you became a Madonna fan?

MadgeSlave

She was ever present in the 80s. I remember watching Solid Gold and seeing Holiday. Then America's Top Ten and seeing Material Girl, La Isla Bonita and Who's That Girl. I grew up next door to a night club that played her songs as well and my older brothers had collector stickers and she was always featured in them. But then Like A Prayer hit and she was in all those tacky papers my family read they felt the need to protect my gentle mind from such blasphemy and tried to ban radio, TV and magazines from my 10 year old life. It only made me more curious, plus my family were hypocrites, ignorant and abusive and Madonna became a solace from the crap at home. By the time Erotica came out she was considered to be the devil incarnate. I didn't really get the whole Sex thing so it was pointless for my family to try to so hard to demonise her whilst the head of the family was probably jacking off to the spread that was featured in the Observer magazine. I just enjoyed her music and videos, and it's more through her that I came to appreciate Catholic imagery than my stupid family. So that's how I became a fan. It's changed over time though.