Drowned World Tour Blurriness

Bermu

Hello, I just wanted to know if the Drowned World Tour DVD NTSC version is as blurry as the PAL version. My official PAL DVD (from Spain) has the WORST image quality of my entire collection of official releases, and I don't know whether that blurriness is intended or a bad conversion from NTSC original broadcasting.

Thanks!

I think its the same on all releases - dont forget it wasnt filmed in HD just video ? hence the not very good quality ? seems odd that even in 2001 she wasnt that clued up on High Definition ? but then Warners still didnt acknowledge 16x9 tvs by giving us the celebration music videos in 4.3 - even the widescreen videos ? MJs history tour was filmed in HD in 1997 ?? Just another example of a fucked up home video release like all her tours :((

That's what I needed to know!!!!

Definitely NTSC version is sharper than PAL.

Thanks a lot @@MXRXNCHX and @@Gargamel for the true 1:1 comparation.

@@wtg1987 I know that... but it is nothing about SD vs HD. Take a look at Ciao Italia DVD. The image quality is sharp as a knife.

I think its the same on all releases - dont forget it wasnt filmed in HD just video ? hence the not very good quality ? seems odd that even in 2001 she wasnt that clued up on High Definition ? but then Warners still didnt acknowledge 16x9 tvs by giving us the celebration music videos in 4.3 - even the widescreen videos ? MJs history tour was filmed in HD in 1997 ?? Just another example of a fucked up home video release like all her tours :((

According to wikipedia it was shot on HD video. In my opinion she should have arranged for all her tours to be shot on film. 

I adore the Drowned World Tour, first concert ever I watched on tv. I can't understand why some fans dislike it so much. Yes I agree she didn't look good but the artistic concept behind every section and performance was phenomenal.

Where have fans been slamming this tour then ? News to me ? I think its a great tour - Music closing the show was just perfect for me ? I think the song selection was certainly brave though ? Who would have thought she would sing a dark song like Mer Girl but its fits perfectly in the show ? I think the main criticism is that she ignored her big hits like Vogue, Like A Prayer, Into The Groove but on the plus side we get to watch a concert all the way through without Candy Shop ? That has to be a plus ? :))

I have the PAL dvd - could someone PM just the first part of the show from the NTSC dvd(vob file please - direct rip) ? I would love to compare ? I may even buy it if its better than the PAL version

The Beatles released all of their music videos including some very old tv performances on bluray full HD remastered and such... we're talking about videos from the 60s in full HD... truth is.. if they wanted to release Madonna's tours and videos in HD they could... they just don't wanna do it

It's doesn't work like that. This tour was shot digitally so it's not possible or at least way more difficult to restore than things shot in film.

The Beatles released all of their music videos including some very old tv performances on bluray full HD remastered and such... we're talking about videos from the 60s in full HD... truth is.. if they wanted to release Madonna's tours and videos in HD they could... they just don't wanna do it

Video remastering and upscaling costs A LOT of money, and as @@devilpray wrote it's not something you might want to do if your source material is not good enough (because of technological limitations, not because they used a cheap camera, don't get me there). The Beatles back catalogue is something that still sells a lot, a lot more than live concerts of living artists.

They're not doing it because it's not worth the inverstment for the moment. You've ALL got to stop thinking that "her team" does these choices on purpose to frustrate fans, that's paranoia. They're running a business, not throwing money away in order to please 2000 hardcore fans rich enough to buy the same show for the 3rd time.

• 1 year later...