Joan of arc should of been a music single from RH!

rebelheart29

I'm not sure if this is the right board to post so feel free to move it. Thinking back of all the music singles from the RH album I really think "Joan of arc" should of been a single I love that song so much I think of what the music video would of been.

What other singles do people wish their were from the RH album?

'Messiah'  :hearteyes:

It's one of the best love ballads of her whole career. Too bad it was only included on the deluxe edition.

I think that album version sucks. The first demo that leaked was everything! It was so simple, just Madonna and orchestra, beautiful melody - this was it. Then she added all those drums, filters etc. and from my favourite became (almost) the only one that I don't like to listen to from the whole album...

Also, I think that "Unapologetic Bitch" should have been a single - but I can't imagine a promo performance with this song, like she did in various TV shows. 

The other ones I would choose as a single are: "Iconic", "Devil Pray", "Illuminati".

But, let's be honest, if "Ghosttown" failed - and it was Madonna's best single since "Hung Up" - was there any other song from "Rebel Heart"  that would make it better?

I think she could have made extra singles with videos just to promote the album, or at least a new one to promote the live album, which already dropped out of the charts here in Italy..

The failure of Ghosttown still hurts me, it really does, physically I would say, it is something I will never be able to accept. I really wish her a new no 1 single, as for Cher with Believe.

Considering its only really the first single or 2 that makes an impact I think Bitch I'm Madonna should have been the first single followed by Rebel Heart (original leak or something similar/even more developed) and then Unapologetic Bitch.

Releasing Ghosttown or Living for Love as the 4th single after those would have been good for the fans/videos. Joan of Arc is good but it's too far down the list to be considered imo, same with Iconic. There were a lot of good songs on this album imo, if it were her hey day it would have been a huge success!

I do think Joan of Arc and Ghosttown SHOULD have been on the tour and with big scale performances. So much could have been done with the imagery of those songs. Not to say I'm not happy with the show, I think including more hits was necessary and there is never room for everything.

There are six I would chose or considered. Ghosttown was one of the only songs without a demo and unleaked. Should have been released first, I think it would have done well then. Living for Love is my number one song ever and despite the leaks I would have still gone with the Valentines release. BIM third as it was. The other three would have been Devil Pray, Unapologetic B and Rebel Heart. And for my guilty pleasure, a VMA opening of Holy Water and Devil Oray would have had her name everywhere... Good and bad.

The fact is there are so many beautiful songs in the album, very well written.

What about HeartBreakCity? "then you had the nerve to say that we could still be friends"

Sometimes we tend to forget Inside Out, which was a fan favourite and many were really let down that it was out of the RHT setlist!

I personally like Veni Vidi Vici, maybe cause I teach Latin! :hearteyes:

Many dislike Autotune Baby, but I thought it could have been a great album opener, at least not just put in the Media Markt edition. Of course I'm not talking as a single.

I think Best Night is the worst track.

Personally, I think that once she had the issue with the leaks, she should have released the first single right, then and there, with a lyric video (as those could easily be put together in snap), and left it as that. That said, that isn't what happened.  I really thought "Ghosttown" should have just lead the pack.  And I agree the first single or two are the real impact for albums. So anything after three singles, usually are a waste of money on the artist's part unless they are in high demand on radio and any other medium.  

I really felt "Rebel Heart" should have been a third single.  But other great single material were "Addicted", and "Joan of Arc".  

as much as I love Living for love that song is cursed the entire cape issue falling at the britts was so heartbreaking so I wished that song was never a single poor M.

I like the song, but never felt it was anything too special. Seemed more like a gimmick type of song that went wrong. I'm not even referring to the "cape incident".  That unfortunately, could have happened with any song she decided to use a cape. "Ghosttown" and a number of other songs are stronger than "Living For Love".  I think too many people are looking for a "Like A Prayer" 2.  It's never gonna happened.  I remember many were trying to make "Nothing Fails" (which is a great song) was the second coming of "Like A Prayer", but it wasn't.  I feel people and maybe even Madonna was trying to recapture that same magic.  It's not a bad song at all. As said, I like it.  It's just not as memorable and iconic as "Like A Prayer".

I like the song, but never felt it was anything too special. Seemed more like a gimmick type of song that went wrong. I'm not even referring to the "cape incident".  That unfortunately, could have happened with any song she decided to use a cape. "Ghosttown" and a number of other songs are stronger than "Living For Love".  I think too many people are looking for a "Like A Prayer" 2.  It's never gonna happened.  I remember many were trying to make "Nothing Fails" (which is a great song) was the second coming of "Like A Prayer", but it wasn't.  I feel people and maybe even Madonna was trying to recapture that same magic.  It's not a bad song at all. As said, I like it.  It's just not as memorable and iconic as "Like A Prayer".

yea, but the lyrics she wrote and then her falling happened with her falling.

took me to heaven 

and let me fall down

now that it's over i'm gonna carry on

lifted me up and watched me stumble

after the heartache i'm gonna carry on

I think that album version sucks. The first demo that leaked was everything! It was so simple, just Madonna and orchestra, beautiful melody - this was it. Then she added all those drums, filters etc. and from my favourite became (almost) the only one that I don't like to listen to from the whole album...

Also, I think that "Unapologetic Bitch" should have been a single - but I can't imagine a promo performance with this song, like she did in various TV shows. 

The other ones I would choose as a single are: "Iconic", "Devil Pray", "Illuminati".

But, let's be honest, if "Ghosttown" failed - and it was Madonna's best single since "Hung Up" - was there any other song from "Rebel Heart"  that would make it better?

Would you all shoot me if I said I never listened to the demos?  :smile: