Where's the live vocals on the DVD?

MadgeSlave

They edit the audio so much and add so much pre-recorded vocals that we can't hear Madonna sing properly.

Watch these videos of S&S Tour, she sings live, while in the DVD is just pre-recorded vocals.

I must say, I love her voice so much and the way it sounds while she's dancing is beyond amazing.

I couldn't agree more...

So sad that we missed the "this bitch is on fire" line in Burning up for instance in the dvd.

Just take me with all my stupid flaws

Changing me's like shooting in the dark

Patience please, I'll never be as perfect as you want me to be-lieve me I want it just as bad

Forgive me, wish I could change the past

Take it 'cos I'll never be as perfect as you want

My im-per-fections make me unique that's my belief

You do all realize that she does sing along to backing tracks and prerecorded live vocals on most of her tours these days? Very rare that she sings totally live anymore... when you are at the show you dont really notice it as you are in the crowd and the there is a lot more noise in the venue. Example, the openings of iconic and girl gone wild and vogue (re-invention) are all pre-recorded live vocals, she never sang any of them live at any show. Blonde Ambition Express yourself you cant really hear her live vocal as it was drowned out by backing tracks...

WTGWT is the only show she has every done fully live, even the Virgin Tour she sang over backing tracks to boost her vocal

-

no need for 9 different posts in a row tbh

-

I don't mind the vocals getting enhanced a bit, but it needs to be done carefully, we shouldn't be hearing more than 1 voice at a time or weird echo in the background, etc. 

I remember how much people criticized the stream of TOAC, when she was sick and the audio mixing was mono and awful, it sounded rough but it's understandable... she doesn't always sound great live, the sound is very different when you're in the arena, you hear a lot of reverb which masks imperfections that are obvious on a proper mic feed, its too many months of touring nonstop and its hard on the voice.

You do all realize that she does sing along to backing tracks and prerecorded live vocals on most of her tours these days? Very rare that she sings totally live anymore... when you are at the show you dont really notice it as you are in the crowd and the there is a lot more noise in the venue. Example, the openings of iconic and girl gone wild and vogue (re-invention) are all pre-recorded live vocals, she never sang any of them live at any show. Blonde Ambition Express yourself you cant really hear her live vocal as it was drowned out by backing tracks...

WTGWT is the only show she has every done fully live, even the Virgin Tour she sang over backing tracks to boost her vocal

You are correct regarding GGW, but she did actually sing Iconic live on occasion, albeit over a very audible prerecorded vocal, and Vogue was performed live on opening night at the Forum in LA in 2004.