Where's the live vocals on the DVD?

MadgeSlave

She did sing Vogue live on one of the nights, the madonna community has debated this for a decade lol I'm fairly certain it was confirmed, it was done once.

There was also debate about DAD - was there not a recording, where the start, she missed her cue, and no vocal?

I don't think so, it seems odd that she'd have done it just one night (that would have been the opening night, but it wasn't, so...). Furthermore, there is literally no proof of it.

I'm not too offended by cleaned up versions for DVDs and whatnot. It's not like she didn't sing it. Maybe she recorded a vocal during a rehearsal when she wasn't quite out of breath or in a studio afterward. And lest we forget, she shreds her voice on tour. That's why I'm glad some saint recorded the Chicago show so well, when her voice was still on point. She's not Adele and never will be, never will be. At least she tries (here's looking at you Britney).

I'm not too offended by cleaned up versions for DVDs and whatnot. It's not like she didn't sing it. Maybe she recorded a vocal during a rehearsal when she wasn't quite out of breath or in a studio afterward. And lest we forget, she shreds her voice on tour. That's why I'm glad some saint recorded the Chicago show so well, when her voice was still on point. She's not Adele and never will be, never will be. At least she tries (here's looking at you Britney).

That's where I stand. She certainly has been using backing tracks on the majority of her tours now.  She sings with them. To me, "miming" means she just mouths it, but she definitely sings along with the tracks. It's just for some songs, the backing tracks are louder. And like you said, it's not like she's known to be the greatest vocalist. She isn't. To me, when I see her live, she seems to throw all her heart and soul in the performances. She's either singing with a backing track or singing it raw and live.  Certainly, I enjoy the "raw and live" the best, but she's hardly just standing at the mic singing. She's doing all sorts of movements if not playing an instrument.

I mean I understand why she cleans up the vocals for the final release. As much as we like live recordings, it can be offputting hearing crow vocals or shouting (like the Borderline performance w/ studio vocals then live voice) was an ear stabbing.  :hearno: 

I don't fault her for miming a few tracks like on RIT where it was more of the performance over vocals. Though her live voice is something else. She can be hit or miss but when she delivers like La Vie En Rose on RHT recently. That was gorgeous live.  :worship:

I honestly don't care about her lipsyincing live anymore. If she's still able to put on an amazing show at 60, and God

SHE C-A-N, then why worry? The DVDs are a total different story because she hasn't put on sale 100% reality since, at least, 2001. It's a discussion we've had for ages... The Rebel Heart Tour release sure has its mishaps but thank god we got a DVD version to enjoy the show as many times we want. 

Lastly, thank God she's not Adele, or Britney or even freakin' Gaga cause they all suck in a way Madonna has never sucked!!  :poo:

LOL

• 1 year later...