Drowned World Tour AUGUST 25th SHOW

cosmicarlo818

actually, the audio isn't from the 25th.  I can't figure out which date it's from as I have compared it to the bootlegs and it seems to be unique!

Now this is intriguing... We need to find which show it's from ! The vocals are more or less the same so it has to be close to the Detroit show, if not the 25th...

Now this is intriguing... We need to find which show it's from ! The vocals are more or less the same so it has to be close to the Detroit show, if not the 25th...

Yup. I mean where else would Niki say "Aw yeah, Motor City!" But yeah it's intriguing.

But wow if the audio exists, then there is a small glimmer of hope that it was taken from the HBO backup show of the 25th!

• 2 months later...

I've always thought the same about her hair; however, it was already loose by the time she sang Beautiful Stranger so why bother? 

That's true. However on some shows when the hair was straight, after vigorous shaking or dancing the hair still looked clean/straight lol. On some shows (Chicago and Atlanta I believe) she had the similar "unkempt" hair look as the 2nd Detroit show/HBO broadcast. Of course it was how it was styled or done for that show but personally it bothered me since I know she looked so fierce with that straight blond hair. I didn't like the waviness around the ears area that when it was loose, the wavy part looked stiff and unbroken. 

But all a matter of personal taste in the end  :cute:

• 1 month later...
10 hours ago, rlittler81 said:

I agree, her hair and make up for the HBO show was awful. When I saw her in London she had it straight and wore the red kilt. Much stronger look. I was at the show where her wig slipped off during 'Mer Girl'.

THIS IS FOREVER GONNA BUG ME. LOL.

That they didn't choose to film one of the shows where she had straight lush hair!!! Argh! She looked stunning in it with that red kilt! We said a full recording of the Barcelona show is somewhere in HBO's vaults that have still yet to see the light of day. Excerpts of this are seen on the the HBO Pre-show!!! 

• 4 months later...
On 11/6/2017 at 5:25 PM, cailohfornia said:

Yup. I mean where else would Niki say "Aw yeah, Motor City!" But yeah it's intriguing.

But wow if the audio exists, then there is a small glimmer of hope that it was taken from the HBO backup show of the 25th!

At the beginning of Ray of Light she says "Give it up Detroit, Michigan!" compared to the "Give it up Detroit!" from the second show. I also think the audio from the Holiday Promo Video was just altered so the footage from the 2nd night plays fine. Nicki's rap is almost identical to the first show anyway.

@club78boy

On 7/19/2018 at 12:23 AM, madgefan said:

At the beginning of Ray of Light she says "Give it up Detroit, Michigan!" compared to the "Give it up Detroit!" from the second show. I also think the audio from the Holiday Promo Video was just altered so the footage from the 2nd night plays fine. Nicki's rap is almost identical to the first show anyway.

@club78boy

the parts where M actually speaks is totally different.  In the promo video she says "Come On People!" during the middle break and "Are You Ready?" right before starts singing.  This is NOT from either night in Detroit.  Check it out!

13 hours ago, cailohfornia said:

So NO ONE literally has the first Detroit show or clips of it. At all?

Damn it. It's been almost 17 years lol

there's a terrible audio bootleg of the entire show - I mean the quality is AWFUL - but you can make out that what she says is completely different to the promo video. 

9 hours ago, poserdemadonna said:

There's a site that says the audio is from one of the Brazil concerts.

This tour never came here though :04:

I do remember the rumors about her coming to Southamerica in 2001. I was just a kid :seeno:

I'm afraid to say if Live Nation hadn't taken control over her world touring, she would have never come back.

15 hours ago, madgefan said:

I do remember the rumors about her coming to Southamerica in 2001. I was just a kid :seeno:

I'm afraid to say if Live Nation hadn't taken control over her world touring, she would have never come back.

From what I see, 2008 and 2012 were years in which our economy was not so bad, so bringing Madonna here was easier. Investors took the risk and so her tours visited us. 2015-16 was a total economic catastrophe in South America, so it would be way too risky to invest in bringing her concerts. If she tours this years, I'm sure no one will try to bring her here again due to our economic crisis.

6 hours ago, poserdemadonna said:

From what I see, 2008 and 2012 were years in which our economy was not so bad, so bringing Madonna here was easier. Investors took the risk and so her tours visited us. 2015-16 was a total economic catastrophe in South America, so it would be way too risky to invest in bringing her concerts. If she tours this years, I'm sure no one will try to bring her here again due to our economic crisis.

Don't get me wrong but I believe only Brazil has faced that economic (and political) crisis during recent years, I'm not very sure about Argentina though. Chile's economy has been stable for the most part and people here pay anything to see their favourite acts live. Madonna obviously discarded to bring the RHT here because of Brazil, as she loves the country and seems to be the key place to play whenever she considers to visit this region. I remember her saying she wouldn't come unless there were 'arenas' to play which is also a difficult thing to fall for since THERE ARE arenas in Southamerica, and she even played at larger venues in Sweden and Singapore. God, she's a liar but I love her lol

I see what you mean. Yes, Brazil, Argentina and Venezuela are in crisis, while the other countries are stable. 

Well, bringing the show to just one country can be too expensive for investors, it's better when they can bring it to more dates. I mean, MDNA Tour she did about 10-12 cities in South America and her stage was also used by Gaga. 

1 hour ago, marto12345 said:

Thank you for bumping this up, I'm so glad to finally hear those Music Sounds Better With You samples in a professional recording

I actually loved that sample being used! It's def more prominently heard on the DWT Promo Montage! I suppose on the DVD, a lot of "sounds" were altered due to copyright? Not sure but there are a lot of differences on the fan footages and the official DVD.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My first post in this forum! Just to answer some questions I saw in this thread, there were two Drowned World shows in Detroit (Auburn Hills) - Aug 25 and 26 ‘01. I attended the Aug 25 show, and yes, it was filmed. I remember there were signs at the door stating it was being filmed. By a crazy turn of events that day, I ended up in the front section, sitting behind Rosie O’Donnell who at one point had little Lola with her. The HBO broadcast the following night was indeed live - the Aug 26 show. Her hair was different the night before. 
The Girlie Show HBO broadcast was planned to be live Nov 20th ‘93 but that show was cancelled due to a storm, so they aired the previous night, which they had recorded as a backup.