groovyguy

Thx god she didnt breake her neck or back , than we were al witness of the end of Madonnas Career , i Also really felt zo bad and shocked , she have to be more carefull i dont want Anything happend to her now , please Madonna if you read please be carefull with your new Tour

Many 20 something male footballers fake fall onto soft grass, roll around in 'agony' and get carried off on a stretcher. 56 year old female singer gets unexpectedly dragged backwards down hard stairs- gets back up and performs an amazing song and dance routine. Remember this next time someone tries to give you the ageist/sexism bullcrap ;)

I'm still in shock too. Watching it live is a completely different thing than watching the video knowing what happened.

As I was watching it I was thinking to myself "Ok. This can't be happening"

I swear, I don't even remember what she did after the fall. I was looking at the screen but my mind was somewhere else.

My heart almost stopped when I saw it, I wondered what happened, is it part of the show, is she okey, is she going to get up, will she finish the performance...and the worst case scenarios started crossing my mind (what if the ending is like the grammys and she falls again? :suffer: ).

It looks like she's always nervous when she performs in the UK, remember when she fell during the ending of IDGA?

Anyways, the performance was really AMAZING, so much better than the grammys, and she sounded good too without the loud backing track. And what an amazing life lesson she gave us all!

I was stunned, as everyone as I suppose.

Looking back, you can see she was pissed. Very pissed. But she quickly recovered from it : when she sings the line "I could get caught up in bitterness", you can hear a bit of a (nervous ?) laughter in her voice (like "this is ridiculous, let's move on")

We'll see what she says about it in the upcoming interviews, as there is absolutely no doubt this will get a mention.

I haven't seen the newspapers today are they being mean to her?

Madonna's fall gets universal media praise! 

The Independent http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/brits-2015-madonna-steals-the-show-with-epic-tumble-down-the-stairs-10070983.html

Posted Image

TIME http://time.com/3723167/madonna-brit-awards-fall-bounce-back/

Posted Image

The Guardian http://www.theguardian.com/music/2015/feb/25/brit-awards-2015-performances-reviewed-kanye-to-taylor-swift

Quote:
Madge, who has risen phoenix-like more times than anyone can remember, she’s a proper trooper and completes the song...Many lesser performers would have missed an entire verse at such a nasty fall. Kudos!

MTV http://www.mtv.com/news/2090342/madonna-falls-2015-brits-performance/

Posted Image

The Courier http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/showbiz/video-fallen-madonna-dominates-brits-1.843744

Posted Image

Glamour http://www.glamourmagazine.co.uk/news/celebrity/2015/02/25/madonna-falls-on-stage-at-the-brit-awards-2015

Posted Image

X17 http://www.x17online.com/2015/02/madonna_falls_brit_awards_

Posted Image

Los Angeles Times http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/music/posts/la-et-ms-madonna-takes-a-spill-kanye-west-unveils-new-song-at-the-brit-awards-20150225-story.html

Quote:
It was quite the tumble, but what occurred next was impressive: Ever the professional, Madonna ... lifted herself up, quickly recovered and moved through the rest of the song.

Bangkok Post http://www2.bangkokpost.com/learning/really-easy/484074/madonna-falls-and-gets-back-up

Posted Image

THE MADONNA COMEBACK; CAREER-DEFINING MOMENTS WHEN HER MAJESTY GAVE TWO FINGERS TO THE WORLD

http://www.stylist.co.uk/people/madonna-brits-fall-career-defining-moments-when-her-majesty-responded-like-a-pro-pop-star

"I'm tough, I'm ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay."

The minute Madonna uttered this immortal phrase, we knew she was a woman after our own hearts. And when the 56-year-old star took a hefty tumble mid-Brit awards last night, we weren't at all surprised to see the Queen of Pop simply pick herself up and carry on. 

Ever the pro, she laughed off the Instagram, merely remarking: "My beautiful cape was tied too tight!" 

With a salute to the irrepressible spirit of one of the most enduring talents of our age, we take a look at Her Majesty's best comeback moments where she joked or relished a controversy, rebelled or reacted with grace, and generally raised a metaphorical two fingers to her critics: 

BRITS FALL AND RISE

She came, she fell - and she picked herself back up. Madonna must have suffered her fair share of bruises after taking a tumble down stairs in sky-high heels mid-way through her performance of Living For Love at the 2015 Brit Awards. And no surprises her live TV wipe-out was quick to go viral, with vines, take-offs and tweet jokes making Madge's trip a global trending topic.

But the veteran singer didn't miss a beat. Where other, less experienced stars may have frozen or be taken off-stage, she just kept on going. And later she made light of the incident, with a typically upbeat response.

"Nothing can stop me and love really lifted me up!" she wrote on Twitter, minutes after leaving the stage.

Go Madge!

'LONG HAIR, DON'T CARE!'

Not for Madonna the restrictive conventions of female beauty.

The star did a Julia Roberts last year, by posting a hairy underarm selfie on Instragram, with the message "Long hair...... Don't Care!!!!!! #artforfreedom #rebelheart #revolutionoflove".

This at a time when most famed names were busy flooding their Instagram pages with self-congratulatory snaps of themselves looking flawless while doing yoga/sitting in a hot tub/en-route to award ceremonies.

Madonna's photo, in which she wore a fetishistic black bra and bow tie and with her hair scraped back into a bun, attracted thousands of likes. 

CRAZY HYDRANGEA VIDEO

After a clip of her bad-mouthing a fan who handed her hydrangeas became a global phenomenon a few years back, Madonna hit back in true style.

Instead of issuing an awkward apology or glossing over the incident, the singer relished the controversy by creating a spoof video of herself entitled Madonna's Love Letter to Hydrangeas

To the soundtrack from the cult movie The Godfather, the video sees Madonna stroking the flowers with the caption "You have no idea how many nights I have lost thinking how I hurt you."

The video continues in similar vein until suddenly the soundtrack stops and she throws the flowers to the floor and stamps on them furiously. "I'm still left with the fact I still hate hydrangeas! And I will always hate them!," the caption reads. "It's a free country! So f**k you, I like roses!"

Brilliant. 

THE BRITNEY KISS
Posted Image

Only Madonna could, at the age of 45, have two pop stars half her age vie to snog her. 

When Madge locked lips with Britney Spears, 21 and 22-year-old Christina Aguilera at the 2003 VMAs, the world was temporarily stunned. But it soon became one of the most iconic moments in the show's history - and a testament of Madonna's cult status, in a moment that chimed perfectly with her ability to simultaneously raise a million eyebrows around the world. 

Not only that, but it seemed everyone wanted in on the action. Duran Duran singer Simon Le Bon said "I wish it was me she was snogging" while comedian Chris Rock noted, "That kiss was good, but where was mine?"

Her appetite for controversy sated, Madonna quickly moved on - although she did recently admit her then husband Guy Ritchie didn't approve of the whole stunt.

"I don’t think my ex-husband approved of it. Or, maybe he didn’t understand it," she said. "I don’t think he understood my provocation. He was not a fan of me kissing Britney Spears onstage, for instance. Was that provocative? I think it was. I mean, now it wouldn’t be."

SAYING IT LIKE IT IS
Madonna has literally never been afraid to voice her opinion. 

Whether it's racism, homophobia or the sexual repression of older women in pop culture, she'll always call out the injustices she sees - as this recent post on her Instagram feed illustrates.

And while her opinions and comments aren't always welcome by some - and have indeed, landed her in hot water on occasion - she doesn't care about ruffling feathers. When certain commentators say she should exercise restraint in how she expresses herself, we say: bring it on.

It's so refreshing to have someone in the spotlight who's unafraid and unguarded in what they have to say. 

THE SIX SONGS RELEASE
OK, there's no denying that Madonna was annoyed by the recent leaking of tracks from her new album, Rebel Heart. But she quickly rallied, releasing six songs from the forthcoming release as "an early Christmas gift" for her fans. 

Responding to early mix leaks of 13 tracks from the album, Madonna put six official versions of the songs up for sale on iTunes and other digital music retailers, effective immediately. 

"I was hoping to release my new single Living for Love on Valentine's Day with the rest of the album coming in the spring," she said in a statement. "I would prefer my fans to hear completed versions of some of the songs instead of the incomplete tracks that are circulating. Please consider these six songs as an early Christmas gift."

SHE KEEPS US GUESSING
Posted Image

Perhaps why we love Madonna the most - and why she flourishes so much as comeback queen - is that she just keeps us guessing, all the time.

She can do rebellious and provocative, graceful and ladylike, and after four four decades in the entertainment industry she still knows how to provoke a reaction. 

This is a woman who has many different facets to her personality, and knows exactly how to use them. A far cry from some of the more bland and predictable stars we have on the scene today.

She's strong, argumentative, sexy, poised and above all, resilient.

Long may she reign!

Great new article from The Guardian 

"Madonna is superhuman. She has to be to survive the ugly abuse"

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/feb/26/madonna-superhuman-abuse-brit-awards-fall

No wonder Madonna took her Brit awards fall in her stride – she deals with much worse just for being a 56-year-old woman

Madonna was at the Brits, performing her totally boss I Will Survive-style single Living for Love, when it happened. “Took me to heaven, let me fall down … lifted me up and watched me stumble.â€

So she prophesied it, and so it came to pass. It wasn’t a trip or a tumble. It wasn’t funny; it was terrifying and so brutal that the audience fell silent. It was the kind of accident that breaks necks, damages brains and haunts Cirque du Soleil performers’ nightmares. The Armani cape Madonna was wearing as she approached the podium was tied too tight and didn’t fall undone when her dancers pulled it. She was yanked back by the neck and flew through the air over three steps, landed hard at the base of the podium and for a split second didn’t move.

Watching at home, my heart stopped. Is that all it takes to kill a queen? Milanese outerwear?

The hateful hashtags #shefellover, #Fallenmadonna, immediately began toxifying Twitter: “I get it, Madonna. My grandma is exactly the same.†“I hope grandma’s ok. A broken hip at her age could be a death sentence.â€

But as Madonna also sang last night, “I picked up my crown, put it back on my head. I can forgive, but I will never forget.†After a fall like that, anyone else would roll around screaming in agony then look for someone to blame.

She drew on a higher power: herself. Showing her famous mental and physical strength, she got to her feet, picked up the choreography and tune, un-lip-synced and note perfect – as the isolated vocals from her performance at the Grammys show â€“ and finished triumphantly.

That is the Madonna I’ve loved for ever, starting with the flamenco moves of La Isla Bonita. They say you’re not supposed to believe the hype. But with some people, the mythos is real. She has mystique, the rare bulletproof real-deal charisma. She has never been defined by men and has always advocated for other women, pointing out in her upcoming Rolling Stone cover interview that â€œpeople like to pit women against each otherâ€.

But it’s not just about individualistic survival ability, sisterliness or externals like Vogue style or Desperately Seeking Susan attitude. Madonna is not worthy of respect simply for surviving, having sass or cannily working out how to play every capitalist angle. She has a brilliant and indeed record-breaking talent in her discipline, which is music. She’s been making great albums including Like A Prayer, Ray of Light and Confessions on a Dancefloor throughout her career, and the latest,Rebel Heart, is up there with them; she is “in the game againâ€, as The Telegraph says.

But how many times does Madonna have to prove that she’s a worthy player? How many times does she have to break records by selling more, touring more lucratively, flexing harder than everyone else on the planet? Her many colleagues have paid tribute to her exceptional skills as a producer, songwriter, lyricist; but whenever Madonna successfully works with a male producer it is he who is given the credit.

Where her abilities are not ignored, imputed to men or praised in passing as though they have now faded, they are actively mocked. I loved her film WE, comparing it favourably with the risible King’s Speech, where the women were two doting wives with barely a line between them and Wallis Simpson was a depraved shrew. I saw WE with a historian friend who was astounded by its accuracy and detail; I loved the women characters, the aesthetic, the mournful realism behind the romance. It’s a feminist film, psychologically acute.

But she was brutally mocked in the reviews. And that laughter is growing louder and crueller and uglier, as the Twitter response to her fall illustrated. Madonna’s longevity was first admired and is now actively sabotaged by editorials which never fail to mention her age, as though it is something to be ashamed of. I am shocked by the uninflected scorn, the derision and foul-mouthed trashing she is dealt, and how much of it is grossly visceral: hatred of her flesh, physicality, sexual confidence, athleticism, ambition, her preference for Latin spunkbots, her alternating bossiness and vulnerability and romanticism and eroticism and playfulness, her performance ability and hunger. All the things which were once admired about her are now used to bash her and make her appear laughable or monstrous or desperate.

Madonna is no stranger to misogyny. She is a rape survivor and a domestic assault survivor. How much worse is this going to get?

Madonna is only 56. She is in the prime of her life, she has power, talent, experience and wisdom, in addition to her natural intelligence and rigour. She is about to release her 13th album – one of her best yet. The things she is ordered to do – age gracefully, put it away, retire, crawl away and die – have behind them a desire to shame, permanently destroy and negate this woman who dares to be vocal and visible, physical and political.

In order to withstand this, one would have to be superhuman. Luckily, Madonna is.

But why should anyone have to swallow the world’s unstinting hatred when she wants to be remembered for her brilliant artistry?

William Orbit

https://www.facebook.com/WilliamOrbit/photos/a.112193419862.93491.98843314862/10153589665434863/?type=1&theater

"I thoroughly enjoyed last night at the Brits, not ever having been to one before.
At the finale, I was right by the stage watching Madonna, riveted and feeling exalted to see her, (imho, she’s just made one heck of an album! : - ) but didn’t catch the tumble because at that very moment my attention was drawn briefly to a lady by me with her back to the show watching on her cellphone (???)
...Now, as for M, [this is after that fall], I was thinking to myself how extraordinarily tight her moves are. The scarves ‘flick’ thing for instance. Just watch that bit. With the two oriental dancers. 
The backwards moment is today’s big talking point, but as any performing musician knows, these things happen if you take risks in the inherently dangerous environment of any stage, in the heat of the moment. No matter how rehearsed. When she and I last worked together we’d run through the songs together on our acoustic guitars and I found timing to be way better than mine, and mine ain’t bad (she says it’s because she started her musical life as a drummer)
So, even though she’s all muscle, a fall like that’s gotta hurt. But to bounce back up, barely skipping a beat is really something. Don’t forget that when she had that rocking horse on the cowboy hat tour and got a hernia (as you might on one of those things) she carried on with the tour, with not a murmur of complaint. She should be in the army! And don’t call me a ‘Stan’. I just appreciate talent and call it as I see it."

https://www.facebook.com/TheSimpsonsArt/photos/a.165848826807082.38519.165754846816480/850316465026978/?type=1&theater

we are all praying for you madonna and i hope that you will make a full recovery and you will be back on stage wafting your cape around and slapping your big beige legs together really soon. Chris (Simpsons artist) xox

Posted Image

This is why I luv Cher:

• [*]

Heard Madonna Fell On StagePosted Image This is Something WE ALL DREADPosted Image â€œMADGE, I GIVE U PROPS,U R a CHAMP 4 FINISHING YOUR SONGPosted ImageI HOPE U R UNHURTPosted Image

0 replies2,421 retweets3,446 favorites
 Retweeted2.4K
 Favorited3.4K
More

[*]

@cher Luckily, she was wearing her Life Alert Bracelet and help arrived within minutes.

0 replies39 retweets42 favorites
 Retweet39
 Favorite42
More

[*]
 Madonna Nation retweeted

@emmdee22 FUNNY,BUT MEANPosted Image WORST PART…IM AT LEAST 100 YRS OLDER THAN MADGEPosted Image