Re-Invention Tour | Lisbon

Bat-Fan

But again the CBS deal was shot down before it was even filmed. No theory. It's just Madonna and CBS couldn't make a deal. It's pretty apparent that she moved on to the documentary. I'm sure once the deal was made with MTV and their parent companies, they had a period of airing rights before she could release anything from this project.

wouldnt a documentary been planned way in advance? The behind the scenes dont look like something thrown together but something planned long before shooting of the tour, meaning it was always her plan to do a documentary. Only question is: did she also plan on releasing the whole show or was the documentary the one and only release planned from this tour.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wouldnt a documentary been planned way in advance? The behind the scenes dont look like something thrown together but something planned long before shooting of the tour, meaning it was always her plan to do a documentary. Only question is: did she also plan on releasing the whole show or was the documentary the one and only release planned from this tour.

Never said she didn't plan it in advance. Of course, she did.  In fact, she contacted Alek Keshishian to direct it, but he turned it down because he didn't believe one could follow up Truth or Dare.  He felt no real drama could be created from the contrast of her life at the time compared to then (when she did Truth Or Dare). He felt she needed someone with more fresh eyes. 

It's possible she was looking to shop the actual concert to a network to air soon after the tour, meanwhile release a featured Documentary later (which she did end up doing the latter).  

EDIT: Actually, I will. Rav Berg-ism "Kabbalah" is not actual Kabbalah. This I understand. If you don't agree with me, it's up to you. See you!

Having studied Kabbalah for 16 years now, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Everything Madonna has done since 1997 is saturated in it whether you are aware of it or not. Not just the ReInvention Tour, which incidentally WILL see the light of day as will her other projects. 

Good things come to those who wait, not to those who complain and are impatient.

Having studied Kabbalah for 16 years now, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Everything Madonna has done since 1997 is saturated in it whether you are aware of it or not. Not just the ReInvention Tour, which incidentally WILL see the light of day as will her other projects.

Good things come to those who wait, not to those who complain and are impatient.

waiting since 1990 for bat and 2004 since rit is not being that impatient. I would prefer to still being alive when all of this is released. ☺

Then stop waiting around for something that's not going to happen.  Enjoy what she gives us, rather complain and moan about what she didn't.  Jeez... 35 years of a lot of great output from her, and some people still are complaining.  Be lucky we even have a doc of those two tours. Some artists do not release every tour they go on. We are lucky to have something from every tour she went out on.

Then stop waiting around for something that's not going to happen. Enjoy what she gives us, rather complain and moan about what she didn't. Jeez... 35 years of a lot of great output from her, and some people still are complaining. Be lucky we even have a doc of those two tours. Some artists do not release every tour they go on. We are lucky to have something from every tour she went out on.

I am not complaining about bat or rit, I accepted that long time ago and I do appreciate all she has given us. In fact I am watching bat Japan on DVD now as we speak, totally satisfied.

I am not complaining about bat or rit, I accepted that long time ago and I do appreciate all she has given us. In fact I am watching bat Japan on DVD now as we speak, totally satisfied.

My point is; it's YOUR main focus. It's all you talk about.  You mostly come to talk about these two concerts that haven't been released in full (which isn't entirely true since Blond Ambition did get a Laser Disc release).  And yes, your previous post did come off complaining about the lack of the release or a wait for it, when it's obviously not going to ever happen.  This is why I say; move on and enjoy the many many other releases we do have.  We are a lucky group of fans because we have 35 years of a lot of great releases.

My point is; it's YOUR main focus. It's all you talk about. You mostly come to talk about these two concerts that haven't been released in full (which isn't entirely true since Blond Ambition did get a Laser Disc release). And yes, your previous post did come off complaining about the lack of the release or a wait for it, when it's obviously not going to ever happen. This is why I say; move on and enjoy the many many other releases we do have. We are a lucky group of fans because we have 35 years of a lot of great releases.

agree

easily fixed, not the reason

I still think it's a contract issue around the financing of the film i'm Going, and the distribution of it. Was Lisbon actually filmed in HD? The entire concert? I wonder, if the CBS deal fell through, whether that also meant that they did not film the entire concert, but rather the bits and pieces for the documentary. 

All the things she is doing professionally and y’all are still talking about these old ass tours that literally no one thinks about anymore. Is it not good enough she just milked the rebel heart tour for 3 years? What about her skin care line y’all shitted on? She’s done countless promo recently and all anyone can say is “she’s fatâ€. Fun times fans.

All the things she is doing professionally and y’all are still talking about these old ass tours that literally no one thinks about anymore. Is it not good enough she just milked the rebel heart tour for 3 years? What about her skin care line y’all shitted on? She’s done countless promo recently and all anyone can say is “she’s fat”. Fun times fans.

:stare:

I think the subject has been discussed to death and nothing's gonna happen at this point but lmao. Why should music fans care about a skin care product line? What does RHT have to do with her old tours? Does that mean her old stuff doesn't matter anymore? What does a couple of problematic fans blasting her weight have to do with this thread?  :suffer: damn sis. I get the frustration but chill...

Last I checked, I'm a fan of Madonna.  I enjoy all that she does, not just her music.  I've never seen Madonna just as a musician.  I've thought of her as an all around entertainer. 

That said; I don't think we should shut a topic down because it's "old" or some people are tired of discussing it. It goes the same for topics some might not be interested in. If you have no interest in the topic anymore, move right along. 

Though I do see some put a lot of emphasis on her and her management being "lazy", etc. because certain things aren't released.  It's just humorous to hear or read that when we have a hell of a lot of stuff from a woman who has been pretty productive for 35 years.  "Lazy" is the last word I would use for this woman. 

Do I think RIT or BAT will ever be released?  Nope!  I think that ship has sailed.  If it ever does happen, it will be something easily slapped together. They will not spend a lot of money in editing it or making it sound and look perfect.  They won't make enough money back on it. 

Shutting down topics because you're tired of them when you can easily  :bananawave:

Forums are meant for discussion and engaging about Madonna, her career, projects, music, tours etc as long as it doesn't break forum rules which no one on this thread has done. Whether you agree or disagree with the topic at hand, it doesn't mean discussions should be locked because it "annoys" you.

I do think RIT and BAT will be released at some point in some capacity officially but it'll be an anniversary or posthumous release.

I do think RIT and BAT will be released at some point in some capacity officially but it'll be an anniversary or posthumous release.

Possibly "posthumously", but I don't believe before then. Unfortunately, I'll be dead by then because I'm sure Madonna (even older me) will still out live me. HA!! 

If and when it is released, I'm sure it will just be an exact recording and nothing more.  But of course, that will still not be enough for some fans, and Madonna will be considered "lazy" even when she's dead because she didn't rise from her grave to make sure it wasn't "remastered", etc.  LOL! :thinker::smile:

I want the version of You'll See where she doesn't fuck the words up in HQ and will go to my grave begging for it. You'll see. I can close my eyes and hear it still after two nights in Philadelphia all these years later so I guess that is something. It truly was a magical time, strange it didn't feel like it was.

I think the RIT and the BAT will never be officially release until her death.

However, there's still a tiny little chance that the two concerts will leak one day (the shitty Lisbon leak for example).

well bat nice was released officially on LD and leaked few years ago so no need to have it leaked again ☺

Possibly "posthumously", but I don't believe before then. Unfortunately, I'll be dead by then because I'm sure Madonna (even older me) will still out live me. HA!! 

If and when it is released, I'm sure it will just be an exact recording and nothing more.  But of course, that will still not be enough for some fans, and Madonna will be considered "lazy" even when she's dead because she didn't rise from her grave to make sure it wasn't "remastered", etc.  LOL! :thinker::smile:

She'll have edited it before her death and add in Spanish Lesson and Candy Shop to both setlists and with a new cover designed by Aldo Diaz and mixed with fan footage, news pro shot footage every second most likely.  :laughing:  :cryin:

"Madonna is set to release two never before released tours on Bluray and digital formats this coming spring. The singer's legendary and iconic Blond Ambition and Re-Invention Tours will released in their full glory. Experience the timeless classics "Like a Prayer, Vogue, Like a Virgin and Candy Shop in a never before seen performance from the Queen herself."

It'll be Hanky Panky dubbed with S&S Candy Shop vocals.

• madgefan changed the title to Re-Invention Tour | Lisbon
  • madgefan pinned this topic