Re-Invention Tour | Lisbon

Bat-Fan

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bothered2:

Seriously, you would all still be complaining about 'not having a proper high quality' video from the Re-invention Tour if it wasn't leaked for free in 2010! We know Madonna doesn't give a damn about it... otherwise it would have been released in 2005 before the documentary thing took over and buried the entire concert project forever. 

Yes, the audio is not that great because as a stand-alone concert it was never intended to be officially released. If Madonna and her production team ever considered releasing a DVD from the tour, they'd probably have edited the final 2 Lisbon shows like they've done with multiple DVDs throughout her career.

Flat and boring this, flat and boring that. Then we complain about the MDNA Tour and Rebel Heart Tour blurays because they're everything but flat and boring whether you like the editing style or not. We'll never be satisfied with Madonna's way of doing things in the last decade and half... and many of us have come to accept the way it is. 

It's better than nothing.

I think I have only watched the Lisbon show all the way through just one time, and any other viewings involved a lot of track-skipping. I always found it to be one of her more boring live shows. Its very visually appealing in parts, but there was so much about the tour that let it down for me... the over-use of lip-syncing, the subliminal Kabbalah references, the boring acoustic renditions, the bagpipes & kilts, the whole awful Into the Hollywood Groove mix, etc.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, madgefan said:

Does anybody REALLY know where the Get Up Lisbon title came from? I've been reading about it for years but never checked if there's an actual official source to prove this.

I think all that Lisbon stuff was a big fan hoax. The only pro shot stuff was from Im going to tell you a secret in France. The Lisbon stuff floating around is footage made up of audience screen footage. No footage was shot in Lisbon for a dvd.

3 hours ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

^ so the leaked 2 hour footage from Lisbon with all the crane angles, at average quality but still better than nothing i suppose just happens to be fan footage?

No it’s not fan footage it’s the footage that was shot for the audience screens on the side.

9 hours ago, Papa DP said:

I think all that Lisbon stuff was a big fan hoax. The only pro shot stuff was from Im going to tell you a secret in France. The Lisbon stuff floating around is footage made up of audience screen footage. No footage was shot in Lisbon for a dvd.

I agree with you to some extent but then how can we explain these professionally edited clips:

They both seem to include footage from various dates (look at ther hair), probably the last 2 Lisbon shows. Also, they surfaced in LQ in 2005.

On 12/30/2017 at 7:08 AM, bstranger said:

I still wish most the complete Virgin Tour and the official and unreleased Get Up Lisbon Re-invention Tour. I don't care so much about Blond Ambition as there are 2 officially release versions from Japan and France. 

I also would love the second leg for Sticky & Sweet Tour 2009 officially released and about leaks, I would love the untouched versions for MDNA Tour and Rebel Heart Tour as I think both are horrible edited. 

Wow, you are a collector, aren’t you? I can feel you, babe!

2 hours ago, BringUrLUV said:

Hamish Hamilton filmed the show.  Its sitting somewhere I assume.  He had sued her I believe for non-payment for it or something.

He worked with her again and filmed The Superbowl 2012, so it's surely fake news. 

And in the Attitude interview from 2005 I posted above, she says the tour was filmed but she wasn't allow to release it after the documentary during certain period of time. 

2 hours ago, Papa DP said:

Regardless if it was really shot or not, all the Lisbon footage is horrific. And all the Paris 35mm I’m going to tell you a secret stuff is a masterpiece. Best concert footage ever. So I highly doubt Madonna will ever want to touch any of that awful Lisbon footage ever.

Isn't the first verse of Vogue in IGTTYAS Lisbon footage with a recolored corset? 

16 hours ago, lap said:

He worked with her again and filmed The Superbowl 2012, so it's surely fake news. 

And in the Attitude interview from 2005 I posted above, she says the tour was filmed but she wasn't allow to release it after the documentary during certain period of time. 

Maybe she just paid him or they settled it, maybe it was an error.  I don't think it was ever very acrimonious, if so.  But yeah maybe fake news

2 minutes ago, BringUrLUV said:

Maybe she just paid him or they settled it, maybe it was an error.  I don't think it was ever very acrimonious, if so.  But yeah maybe fake news

He sued for never being paid for pre-production work (attending concerts, testing and figuring out camera angles, etc...). I don't think he had any involvement in filming of the show though.

2 minutes ago, deathproof said:

He sued for never being paid for pre-production work (attending concerts, testing and figuring out camera angles, etc...). I don't think he had any involvement in filming of the show though.

Right now that you mention it, I think Jonas ended up directing the Lisbon show, either on film or video.  Am i making this up?

18 hours ago, Papa DP said:

Regardless if it was really shot or not, all the Lisbon footage is horrific. And all the Paris 35mm I’m going to tell you a secret stuff is a masterpiece. Best concert footage ever. So I highly doubt Madonna will ever want to touch any of that awful Lisbon footage ever.

It's all about the edit. Hire a good editor to use the tools and you'll have a good processed footage after all. Jonas would have made wonders with it.

• madgefan changed the title to Re-Invention Tour | Lisbon
  • madgefan pinned this topic