1998 - Ray Of Light [20 Years Old]

r0bski

Listening to the album right now. My God, when it was released I was just a 5-year-old boy and this sounds so fresh. I love it. I remember I couldn't like it when I was younger but I had to grow up to understand the album I guess. It's amazing, Madonna really delivered with this one :05:

3 hours ago, Madgesty said:

Madonna's Facebook page just got updated with Ray Of Light pictures.

Competition to win a signed copy of it:

And they just announced there will be some goodies throughout the month. Probably some collectible items like they did for Erotica.

Can't wait for the overpriced "Candy Perfume Girl" sweet hearts, the "Ray of Light" candles, the "Swim" wear,  The "skin" sunscreen,  "The Power of Goodbye" note pads and pens, and "Shanti/Ashantgi" self help book.  :04:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
On 2/5/2018 at 6:18 AM, anel_ said:

I agree 100%

Everytime someone says 'the album could have done without that song' or 'this song could have been better' I just think to myself how much of an artist and visionary Madonna is that I just appreciated the final product because that's what she wants us to hear

Fans complain about HC, MDNA and RH because it wasn't what they were expecting, I don't understand that. All 3 albums have a fresh sound and great tracks but fans will still complain because she didn't repeat COADF??? We already have that album, we don't need a sequel. I'm happy with every single one of her albums and I think the fans should stop complaining and start appreciating

Anyways enough about that.. ray of light is a great album and should be re released as the original 13 track album with '20th anniversary edition' stamped on the front cover under where it says ray of light

That's just The Problem.
For Madonna there isn't one.
Yes she's said she 'might' release older unreleased material in 'instalments' but so far has stuck to the don't look back approach ?
COAD was a total DANCE option as American Life was thought by some to backfire ?
You are Madonna NOT John Lennon ??
I saw two men from Cher's fan-club interviewed on TV once.
They said it was them who persuaded her to TRY A DANCE RECORD ONCE...and just 'watch' !
"...her preferred style of harder rock she thought made her more 'credible' as An Artist but it wasn't what else her Fans actually listened too...", one said giggles barely contained.
'Beleive', then was released, "...and you know the rest !"
SOMEONE like they two has to convince Madonna that re-issues won't affect sales of her New Product.
The Rolling Stones now have an on-going re-issue series with it seems every week some new 'expanded' re-issue = GO BUY !
She's on an Elvis merry-go-round in some ways ?