What is the most out oftune presentation of Madonna?

Luiz Ribeiro

funny. all i see is fans tearing her apart.

not much of "human nature".

I don't necessarily believe anyone is purposefully "tearing her apart" in this thread.  I think for the most part, everyone who commented, are speaking of her not so great vocals.  But again, my comment to you was highlighting that people tend to gravitate towards or begin negative conversations rather positive. For instance, take the NEWS in general.  For the most part, it's always negative info shared if not problematic issues. People never spend too much time on the good things going on in the world.  But people come out in droves (sometimes with claws out) to comment on if not further escalate the bad things going on in the world.  Even with the good things brought up, there's always people jumping in throwing in a negative to spoil the mood or bring people down.  To me; it's "human nature".  I didn't say I like it.  

I remember this day perfectly, the TV broadcast here from Brazil simply cut the beginning of the ceremony, I was very angry. I remember seeing the video later and being a bit embarrassed. But today I find the presentation quite acceptable. I think there are two situations: YMLM is a very complicated song to sing, very lyric, and then we have the big problem that brings together ALL of these presentations, the very bad idea of microphones for TV. It is amazing how sometimes the sound came out extremely loud and the music in the background very low. I do not know exactly explain, but it is different from the audio capture that we heard in other situations.

Live 8....oh.... :(

Live8 yes! :)

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

• 10 months later...

1998 ROL at the MTV Awards is one of my favourites. Yes, the vocals are like a wild animal, it's how ROL might sound with any of us doing it, but she totally owned that stage. That presence.... Even when she's miles off with the vocals, she was still amazing. And so beautiful with the long dark hair, that white vest, black pants and heels. Simple, yet magnificent. 

the majority of the whos that girl concert and blonde ambition tour was out of tune but i still really enjoy them ...its funny how the sticky and sweet tour version of borderline is out of tune but she sang it great on tears of a clown ...she was just singing it in the wrong key ...shes never been the best live singer but she knows ...

On 1/12/2018 at 2:33 PM, Dazedmadonna said:

Some tracks at the 'Tears of a Clown' @Miami were terrible, like 'Express Yourself' when she stopped singing because she had to cough :lol:

but her vocals were ok on the australian version but sang beautiful stranger well in the miami version of the show ...she just has off days ..shes human ....

On 1/13/2018 at 5:29 AM, cailohfornia said:

Whoever thinks her vocals during the 1996 Academy Awards were "horrible" or "out of tune" needs to listen 5 more times or get their ears irrigated. Or perhaps educate themselves in vocal styles, operatic vocals, and vocals in general. Or perhaps you don't know Madonna at all lol

As a longtime fan and a fan of Madonna's VOCALS... I can say that her performance was solid and controlled. 

BTW... if you can't appreciate Madonna's out of key moments during her performances/tours... then you are not a real Madonna fan. These imperfections make her stand out and make her more emotionally accessible. 

I agree it was very good she sang it beautifully ...infact she is a better live singer now than she was during her peak ..

• 2 weeks later...

I find the majority of her not so great vocals are more a breathing issue. The 1997 Oscars were fine, expect she was so nervous that her breathing was shallow and it took power away from her voice, thus a few notes didn't land that well. Same with the 99 Grammy's, you can hear the nervousness in her voice.

I also like her raw voice, right through the Blond Ambition tour, her vocals were rough, but I love them. Granted if she had not had a throat infection I think her vocals would have been better. Only numbers in that show I have issue with are Into the Groove and Keep it Together, by the time she gets to KiT her voice is so dry and she has no vocal control from dancing that it was generally a mess. The Truth or Dare version sounds so sweet to my ears, though they definitely played with the vocals, though she did sound pretty close to this in the Paris shows. I think they just tweaked it a bit and she may have re-recorded some parts (was pretty standard for concert docos)

Probs the ROL era was the most disappointing. After EVITA I expected really amazing live vocals, though I appreciate she did most of the promo live. Her phrasing was more cringy than her actual vocals during that era.