Bel

M14 thread - 2018/2019, new song Beautiful Game)

its a beautiful plan but im not concerned

its a beautiful game that i never learned

people tell me to shut my mouth that i might get burned

keep your beautiful lies cuz im not concerned

cuz ur world is such a shame

cuz ur worlds obsessed with fame

cuz ur worlds in so much pain

cuz ur world is

cuz ur world is

To me it sounds like a dig at Trump and the backlash she got when saying she wants to blow up the white house. I think the 'beautiful game' may be politics and the flipping and flopping of ideas to appeal to different people.  In essence deceit or beautiful lies. I think the world she's referring to may be his own and not necessarily our collective world. Even though our society is obsessed with fame i think she's referring to him specifically. I feel like this song may be the "Sorry" of this Album if it is indeed released. (Sorry being about George W. Bush) 

I have to say that I am ecstatic that it seems these words are coming from her and not a writing team. She has a simplistic writing style that Ive missed for a while now. 

38 minutes ago, gafuller said:

@RUADJAI

Def political. But it feels more personal. It's more like Human Nature but with flavors of American Life and Hollywood.  

I want more of the piano, trap, and gregorian choir. It'd make it memorable and haunting.

These are exactly the things I liked most about this performance. The classic madonna elements: church theme/gregorian choir, the chutzpah to combine it with her accentuated role as a female and criticism. It did feel personal, it has depth. bravo. more.

43 minutes ago, NowRadiate said:

For the record, it's the ones that expressed negativity who also decided to act with such level of arrogance that I have seldomly experienced here, and only because they couldn't stand the feedback.  Where's the respect in that? Nowhere.

The staff is doing its best. But it's not good when such condescending undertones are being ignored.I think the report button has actually been abused.

I am going to continue calling naysayers out when I spot them. Everybody knows they are there. And I am not coming here to dissect Madonna but to celebrate here. 

Everyone in the thread expressed negativity. Everyone dealt with it poorly and negatively. The accusation that "the other side" abused the reports is untrue and unhelpful and I don't know why you're throwing that out there. The only thing that was reported was the joke about the director dying and it was dealt with appropriately by Bel.

If it is as you say and people edited their posts after the fact to get away with insulting you, then it should've been reported instead of turning it into a back and forth.

I don't like certain things that Madonna does or releases either, and mostly chose to tone it down, not to rain onto people's excitement. Maybe something worth considering in the rules? Respect goes both ways.

It is impossible to police the tone of people's opinions. Someone saying something sucks should have no effect on anyone. And if it does it has nothing to do with us. That's not something that we can control or enforce. 

I think everyone should just let it go already and forgive and forget. It's not fair that I and the moderators had to sit here for a whole day and deal with a mess that was completely unnecessary. 

1 hour ago, Fighter said:

Everyone in the thread expressed negativity. Everyone dealt with it poorly and negatively. The accusation that "the other side" abused the reports is untrue and unhelpful and I don't know why you're throwing that out there. The only thing that was reported was the joke about the director dying and it was dealt with appropriately by Bel.

If it is as you say and people edited their posts after the fact to get away with insulting you, then it should've been reported instead of turning it into a back and forth.

It is impossible to police the tone of people's opinions. Someone saying something sucks should have no effect on anyone. And if it does it has nothing to do with us. That's not something that we can control or enforce. 

I think everyone should just let it go already and forgive and forget. It's not fair that I and the moderators had to sit here for a whole day and deal with a mess that was completely unnecessary. 

Somebody must have complained/reported in some shape or form, otherwise people would not have gotten "warnings". 

I disagree that everyone expressed negativity. It is indeed as I say and I am sure other members noticed too. My bad that I'm not the type to just hit the "report" button and complain. Will do so next time, if that's desired.

When someone says something sucks it is your business when members become snarky and personal because you moderate/administer. You set rules, you set the tone, you police things, if you so will, and rightfully so.

Letting go of this incident of unfair and unequal treatment.

I'm gonna ask to all the members to use the album thread to discuss the album please. Madonna is having fun with her family and friends, after that we'll probably get some news about the album, photo shoot, single etc.

What happened cannot be changed and there's nothing we can do about it, it happened in another tread, we already discussed that matter a lot, so let's move on.

And you all better prepare yourselves to stream/buy the new album. :01:

I admit, i have probably acted negatively and wrongfully, but it was right for @fighter to make the rules clear here. I am one that does not like drama but we need to respect one anothers opinions and posts. It is not right to discriminate one another because you disagree or do not like something that is said. This can then lead to fights and arguments on the forum. 

So with the rules i hope things can calm down slowly. And thank you @Fighter

3 minutes ago, Bel said:

I'm gonna ask to all the members to use the album thread to discuss the album please. Madonna is having fun with her family and friends, after that we'll probably get some news about the album, photo shoot, single etc.

What happened cannot be changed and there's nothing we can do about it, it happened in another tread, we already discussed that matter a lot, so let's move on.

And you all better prepare yourselves to stream/buy the new album. :01:

@Beli am sooo prepared!!! 😄

53 minutes ago, NowRadiate said:

Somebody must have complained/reported in some shape or form, otherwise people would not have gotten "warnings". 

I disagree that everyone expressed negativity. It is indeed as I say and I am sure other members noticed too. My bad that I'm not the type to just hit the "report" button and complain. Will do so next time, if that's desired.

When someone says something sucks it is your business when members become snarky and personal because you moderate/administer. You set rules, you set the tone, you police things, if you so will, and rightfully so.

Letting go of this incident of unfair and unequal treatment.

The moderators obviously discussed what happened since they also read the forum and participate. No one came to us with anything. 

Yes, please report things instead of participating in drama. That's what everyone knows should be done since the beginning of this website and it's been 4 years of me repeating the same thing. 

Saying a video sucks has nothing to do with getting personal. We're also not gonna get involved in EVERY snarky exchange as I think it would be pretty condescending and aggravating to treat people like children and tell them to cut it out on every altercation, sometimes users need to find their own way to deal with things maturely without our constant supervision.  

If you don't wanna let it go, that's your prerogative. I have and hopefully everyone else has. Because it really is not nearly deep enough to keep going. Let's do some of that positivity everyone keeps talking about. 

7 minutes ago, Fighter said:

The moderators obviously discussed what happened since they also read the forum and participate. No one came to us with anything. 

Yes, please report things instead of participating in drama. That's what everyone knows should be done since the beginning of this website and it's been 4 years of me repeating the same thing. 

Saying a video sucks has nothing to do with getting personal. We're also not gonna get involved in EVERY snarky exchange as I think it would be pretty condescending and aggravating to treat people like children and tell them to cut it out on every altercation, sometimes users need to find their own way to deal with things maturely without our constant supervision.  

If you don't wanna let it go, that's your prerogative. I have and hopefully everyone else has. Because it really is not nearly deep enough to keep going. Let's do some of that positivity everyone keeps talking about. 

you don't understand what I'm getting at. (PM'ed you.) It's fine. over and out.

Fan 1:  OMG i love this!

Fan 2: i dont like it!

Fan 1: Are you crazy? This is the best thing ever!

Fan 2: i told you. I dont like it. Its hideous!

Fan 1: Youre blind/deaf! And so negative.

Fan 2: Dont take it personally.

Fan1: Ok.

Fan2: You shouldn’t like it either. Youre brainwashed!

Cant you see? We can all go on and on forever and never find the solution. As Madonna asks Does it really matter underneath it all?