Bel

M14 thread - 2018/2019, new song Beautiful Game)

I can't speak for how it worked elsewhere, but here in Australia, everyone had a fair shot at the seats, albeit a guaranteed front row seat was I think $1500! Although, we got lucky, and got a platinum seats for $500....which were literally one row behind the $1000 ones, and because the lay out was weird, on the same row as $1000 ones.

I did have to laugh though, at the last Sydney show, she was like, I saw you all camp out for good seats...I'm like bitch, no one camped out, cause it was allocated seating.

21 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I agree with you @Liam@thelioncourtheart_

I only went to see 2-4 shows per tour since DWT. I couldn't go to more not only for money but also because of time and job. I learned that it's better to buy a premium seat once rather than see many shows in a bad position. As an Icon legacy member, I didn't gave problems in finding a ticket, but I had to go on my own. I saw M in London, Cardiff, Paris, Glasgow always alone. I was lucky with my seats in RHT and won the triangle once, but I realized there are people that will always be there first or spend more money or know the right person, I can't beat that because my life doesn't revolve around M. Still I'd love to see her in a small venue, stadiums are awful.

The last several tours, I've seen her in smaller venues.  I have no interest in floor seats because if I had them I would want to be front and center and from past experience, many fans are just awful and bitchy in those areas.  I tend to enjoy the show from the side seats, pretty close to the stage.  The last few tours (especially in smaller venues) any seat is pretty decent.

1 minute ago, Liam said:

The last several tours, I've seen her in smaller venues.  I have no interest in floor seats because if I had them I would want to be front and center and from past experience, many fans are just awful and bitchy in those areas.  I tend to enjoy the show from the side seats, pretty close to the stage.  The last few tours (especially in smaller venues) any seat is pretty decent.

Tell me about it!

During MDNA, when Like a Prayer happened she just came into the area where my friends and I are. She stuck out her hand for a bit and this tall, obnoxious (obviously on drugs) shoved us into the barricade to high five her and failed miserably when she ignored him. The closest I've been to her. (watch on mute please) My phone didn't capture the sound as expected. My hand reaching out to her. :laughing:

47 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I agree with you @Liam@thelioncourtheart_

I only went to see 2-4 shows per tour since DWT. I couldn't go to more not only for money but also because of time and job. I learned that it's better to buy a premium seat once rather than see many shows in a bad position. As an Icon legacy member, I didn't gave problems in finding a ticket, but I had to go on my own. I saw M in London, Cardiff, Paris, Glasgow always alone. I was lucky with my seats in RHT and won the triangle once, but I realized there are people that will always be there first or spend more money or know the right person, I can't beat that because my life doesn't revolve around M. Still I'd love to see her in a small venue, stadiums are awful.

Seeing her at Roseland in 2008 was definitely my favorite. The fact it was free was amazing. The fact it was only hard core fans cuz everyone had to sleep in the street to get tickets was also awesome. No bored Jersey housewives like I saw in Madison Square Garden in 2012. :laughing:

On 21/6/2018 at 6:11 PM, MagiC said:

What a great idea. She used the sax in Erotica but defo it'd like it back. And an accordion. And yes - a whole string orchestra. Ah maybe!

An orchestra, yes! More ideas: Ondes Martenot (my fave band Radiohead resurrected this eerie relic); harps with reverb, l looove reverb; violins like in Serge Gainsbourg's "Melody Nelson"; bulgarian church choirs (please listen to "God" by Sinjin Hawke, it's dope); space-rock guitars, etc. There'a lot of unusual instruments to incorporate to pop. I remember when Aphex Twin introduced the didgeridoo back in 1992; which was used by Jamiroquai a year later. What else? Uhm... whispered litanies in latin, ancient aramaic... enochian! LOL. All this produced by SOPHIE and Arca, IMO, the sound of the future. 

Johnny Jewel could have been a great producer too. And Danger mouse whom I worship.

On 6/20/2018 at 11:13 PM, Breathless said:

I always thought it was some type of sex toy that mouth thing.

Brooke Candy was one of the first people I saw with it.

On 6/20/2018 at 7:04 PM, thelioncourtheart_ said:

I never understood the outrage over her gaining a little weight. We've all known her to be very strict and always sporting a tone, lean body but come on, considering the Rocco drama and all the things nearing the end of the tour, I wouldn't be surprised if she indulged or ate her feelings considering the stress over it.

And after the tour ended, she took a break to be with her children overseas to enjoy life for a bit before directing and a new album era came along. I normally have had wits with @Liamin the past but even here, I agree, she's been so strict for almost four decades and she admitted she binged and enjoyed herself, who wouldn't? She wasn't working and of course as a short person, any weight gain is noticeable but as I said when this topic was discussed, she'd burn it off rather quick.  Let the woman eat a bit if she wants too. She's admitted to having a sweet tooth and she's definitely deserved it.

giphy.gif

On 6/19/2018 at 1:06 AM, Eyzonme said:

In 2000? Almost 2 decades ago. That's the last number one billboard singles song 

Since then the highest charted single on Billboard was #3 with JT.

In order for Madonna to chart now she needs streams. That's all that matters today. Album sales (paying money for physical and digital releases) are almost non-existent. I really hope Guy Oseary has learned how the Billboard charts work and how to work in the streaming era. He was clueless 3 years ago. 

4 hours ago, Rotzheimberg said:

An orchestra, yes! More ideas: Ondes Martenot (my fave band Radiohead resurrected this eerie relic); harps with reverb, l looove reverb; violins like in Serge Gainsbourg's "Melody Nelson"; bulgarian church choirs (please listen to "God" by Sinjin Hawke, it's dope); space-rock guitars, etc. There'a lot of unusual instruments to incorporate to pop. I remember when Aphex Twin introduced the didgeridoo back in 1992; which was used by Jamiroquai a year later. What else? Uhm... whispered litanies in latin, ancient aramaic... enochian! LOL. All this produced by SOPHIE and Arca, IMO, the sound of the future. 

Johnny Jewel could have been a great producer too. And Danger mouse whom I worship.

So basically you became a Madonna fan thanks to Ray of Light 

3 hours ago, Mauro said:

In order for Madonna to chart now she needs streams. That's all that matters today. Album sales (paying money for physical and digital releases) are almost non-existent. I really hope Guy Oseary has learned how the Billboard charts work and how to work in the streaming era. He was clueless 3 years ago. 

Wonder is releasing to Streaming Only for the first couple of weeks the option?

16 minutes ago, The Ghost said:

Wonder is releasing to Streaming Only for the first couple of weeks the option?

A lot of Madonna fans are not in their 20s, so they'll just download a stream rip and play that.

I personally hate streaming, I'm always looking for ways to rip to the highest quality available and play those saved files, not the stream itself.

3 hours ago, Eyzonme said:

Yes, and go look at the people charting at the top spot or top 5 and see how many they're selling physically verses streams. The UK is now counting Youtube streams for the charts. 

7 hours ago, The Same Parts said:

A lot of Madonna fans are not in their 20s, so they'll just download a stream rip and play that.

I personally hate streaming, I'm always looking for ways to rip to the highest quality available and play those saved files, not the stream itself.

Yeah, while I stream a little and use Youtube, this isn't how I want to experience Madonna.  I prefer a physical copy of her music as well as want to own the digital audio.  I don't want it stored up in some cloud which I have to access for a fee. Certainly if I had a device with little space, and I want to stream from wherever I am at, it would be ideal, but that's not the case.  I'll always have room for Madonna and I don't want to pay for some service every time I want to access her album.  That goes for any other artist I enjoy.  Whatever happen with the idea of wanting to own the songs of your favorite artist?  I guess I'm just old school.

If it leaks, it won't be a "on sale" the next day that will save it. Downloads will be all over the place.

In my opinion, the right thing to do is to stay away from any kinda of Internet connection. Just produce it like in the 80s and 90s, with people on studio. If the tracks need to move around to be heard/worked, do it in hard disks and plug it to a disconnected computer. That's the lesson that should have been learned from Rebel Heart. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.
She needs to treat her studios like the FBI and MI6. Absolutely NO recording devices (cell phones, DVR, etc.) And nothing should be connected to the internet or cloud services. I think those are the issues. And everyone involved should have to go through an extensive background check.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Can we request to leave that out of this thread?  Can we just focus on what is actually shared with us, without some coming in here, speculating or having a meltdown over very little info.  I mean; I'm already reading here and in other groups especially these speculation of who she might be working with, already writing it off as if it's going to be awful, etc.  Seriously? How can we really determine something is "awful" when we have no idea if it's really true, or what it sounds like...if it is true, etc, etc.  I just feel some enjoy to suck all the excitement and fun out of the process we're about to witness and experience, as well as set these ridiculous expectations and then have these meltdowns when it doesn't come to fruition.  I've been a fan of her for most of her career.  I know she's a mix bag.  She's never going to go back and do a part 2 of anything.  And for the most part, her new album WILL be something different from the last, even though there might be some songs that reminiscence with past songs or past sounds.

Honestly, I feel like I'm one of the very few fans who care less about who she works with. I have no expectations. I am not interested in demanding her to work with certain people, or not to work with people.  That's not who Madonna is! That's not why I became a fan.  In the end, it's her art. I am a fan of what she comes up with, not what I want her to do. It wouldn't be her vision if she was to do it my way.  She's never asked for my input before. She's never asked any fans for such input, so why do fans in each new era, expect so much from her, when that's not who she is?  I understand there are some sounds she explores or people she works with that you do or do not like, but to sit here for months and months, bitching and moaning about her choices when she's never relied on your input (or any other fan's input) before seems pretty ridiculous and useless.  If you want it your way, then record your own damn album. Work with or don't work with the people you don't want to.  Madonna is her own artist. She's always been.  She never and never will succumb to your demands and wishes. She never works that way. And quite frankly, she didn't become the legend she is by doing so.  People need to chill. Just enjoy the process! 
THANK YOU LIAM! I've been a fan since Like A Virgin, and I've never speculated about a future album until is announced that it's ready for pre-order or for sale. And I would never disrespect her by EVER downloading something leaked, especially since it is not representing of what the final product will be after mastering and mixing!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Liam said:

Yeah, while I stream a little and use Youtube, this isn't how I want to experience Madonna.  I prefer a physical copy of her music as well as want to own the digital audio.  I don't want it stored up in some cloud which I have to access for a fee. Certainly if I had a device with little space, and I want to stream from wherever I am at, it would be ideal, but that's not the case.  I'll always have room for Madonna and I don't want to pay for some service every time I want to access her album.  That goes for any other artist I enjoy.  Whatever happen with the idea of wanting to own the songs of your favorite artist?  I guess I'm just old school.

Without a physical copy I don't feel like owning it!

No stream can compare with the pleasure of a beautiful cover (maybe not by Aldo aha) and also a booklet with credits and lyrics... yes I am definitely old school too!! 

20 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Without a physical copy I don't feel like owning it!

No stream can compare with the pleasure of a beautiful cover (maybe not by Aldo aha) and also a booklet with credits and lyrics... yes I am definitely old school too!! 

With CD dead now, I suspect this new album is probably going to get a physical release in Vinyl only and then of course it will be available digitally and streaming.  

17 minutes ago, Liam said:

With CD dead now, I suspect this new album is probably going to get a physical release in Vinyl only and then of course it will be available digitally and streaming.  

Oh god I hope not! It'd be great if she issued a limited CD edition with those new see-through CDs 

28 minutes ago, Liam said:

Don't fool yourself, we'll get a CD release for sure (even a cassette one for hardcore collectors like everyone has been doing recently), the thing is that I hope there won't be a useless standard edition like the last time...

I'm a little late to the party but I have to say that floor tickets in Europe are better and worse at the same time. Better because they are clearly cheaper than in other regions (we don't have seats (except for the UK), we are standing), but worse because fans can be very bitchy and disrespectful. I remember the MDNA tour in Barcelona, I was outside the triangle in the 3rd row or so and everytime she aproached us everyone would push. The nearer she'd get, the less I'd be able to breathe. However, I got the same conditions in Paris for the Rebel Heart Tour and fans weren't pushing half as much as they did in Barcelona so... Maybe it's just an issue of the Spanish dates :thinker:

As for her doing smaller venues... Well, I'd prefer the kind of arena shows that she's pulled until now. The thing is that the way she's done it she can't carry on with it anymore. I'm not being ageistic, just realistic. She can, however, tone things down: less choreography, less energetic dance moves... I mean, more imagery, more stage tricks, more atrezzo, whatever. For example, Kylie has barely moved until now and her shows are fantastic. Les Folies, for example, has like two dance breaks and the rest of the time the choreo is pretty basic. And Mylène Farmer is another good example, her choreographies couldn't be more easy and relaxed, Madonna could do that for sure.