Bel

M14 thread - New Album 2018/2019 ( Production Mirwais and ..., new song Beautiful Game)

Really? How did that happen?!

That's so fucking cool

Being the only white face in a sea of Japanese faces it was easy to see me. I was right up front, right side of the catwalk. While he played his Spanish guitar solo before Take A Bow I was the only one watching him. Everyone else turned to M. I'm a huge fan of his, met him many times throughout the years. Perhaps he remembered, he just called me over to the catwalk on his way back up the stairs and just gave me the pick. Love him.

To be fair, I think that Monte fucked it up in that performance. The fact that she has to stop him from playing may mean that he was not playing the right melody because she sounds awesome.

Somehow I hadn't seen that before. She was struggling to follow what he was playing, which sounds wrong. :thinker:

Is it just me or do others feel this album is going to be a hit??? I feel like rebel heart was the third misunderstood album (along with erotica and AL of course) amongst the public and this album will bring her back into the music scene the way ray of light and music did?

I'm very hopeful with the new album and era. But seriously is it just me???

Is it just me or do others feel this album is going to be a hit??? I feel like rebel heart was the third misunderstood album (along with erotica and AL of course) amongst the public and this album will bring her back into the music scene the way ray of light and music did?

I'm very hopeful with the new album and era. But seriously is it just me???

I got the same feeling with mdna 😭

But this time, there isn't a bunch of different things going on. Diplo was just too busy. MDNA she was just too busy. Hard Candy had too many variable going on like divorce and then Warner ending. This one may have some proper attention.

But this time, there isn't a bunch of different things going on. Diplo was just too busy. MDNA she was just too busy. Hard Candy had too many variable going on like divorce and then Warner ending. This one may have some proper attention.

But she might be under livenation deadline pressure because of her contract.

The longer she takes to make the album, the easier it is for people to try and infiltrate and leak stuff. Which we don't want. But we also want the album to be fucking amazing. Which I think it will be, because I feel like she's had some time to get stuff written and figure out details. Now is crunch time, recording, figuring out harmonies and mixing. I'm guessing a single or twowill drop by June-Aug at the latest with an album release in Sept-Nov. tee-tee

We have no idea if she's going to end up working with a plethora of people.  If she's just in the beginning process of recording the album, it's possible she's got a number of people lined up to work with over the next few months. 

I do agree; the less time she spends on it, the less chance things will leak.  Also, more chance the less people she will work with or she won't mull over things so much. I think with REBEL HEART she seemed to be unsure about the final product. 

For me, I don't see "time" spent on it, makes a good album or not.  Some of her best albums were done in a very short period of time.

For me, I don't see "time" spent on it, makes a good album or not.  Some of her best albums were done in a very short period of time.

That was exactly my point when I said that it's a matter of focus, not time.

Her best albums in terms of commercial impact were not produced by more than 2 producers.

I think that is an excuse. For the most part, she did have more than two people produce her albums.  By the time Madonna was using multiple producers, everyone else was.  I don't think that is the issue. I think it's the fact she's older and a number of the songs some fans hate, would have been huge hits if she was younger.  Age plays a huge part in the music industry.  Anyone thinking she's going to have a huge hit from this point on, is out of their mind.  She's not the problem. It's society.  She's working with all the right people. It's just the music industry and public isn't willing to listen to her because she's not some 20 or 30 something Hot Chick!!

We have no idea if she's going to end up working with a plethora of people.  If she's just in the beginning process of recording the album, it's possible she's got a number of people lined up to work with over the next few months. 

I do agree; the less time she spends on it, the less chance things will leak.  Also, more chance the less people she will work with or she won't mull over things so much. I think with REBEL HEART she seemed to be unsure about the final product. 

You’re right. Ultimately it depends on the collaborations, the direction and the feel. All in all I feel that she might be in a really good, safe place with this album. I just really hope it sees the light of day before 2019 LOL.

I think Madonna knows she's due for a banger. That said, she probably won't settle for producers who are too busy to give her album the attention it needs. On a side note... Ive actually been digging these kinda sparse musical arrangements in her live performances. Like at the women's march last year and the Tears of a Clown in Miami. Very bass and drum heavy. I wouldn't mind her musical director or whatever being a part of it.