Bel

M14 thread - New Album 2018/2019 ( Production Mirwais and ..., new song Beautiful Game)

A songwriter.

Co-songwriting credits

"Need meby Rihanna,

"Havanaand "Inside outby Camila,

"Feels"and "Heartstrokeby Calvin Harris,

"Regret in your tearsand "No Fraudsby Nicki Minaj,

"Girls like youand "What lovers doby Maroon 5 (new album),

"Swish swishby Katy Perry,

"Fake loveby Drake,

"Now or Neverby Halsey and

"Pick up thephone by Travis Scott.

Ummm..

giphy.gif

What more can I say ?

Personally I love HC, MDNA and RH. I think she was focused on all albums and some of the albums just disappointed certain fans

She clearly has control on every aspect of the music and waned the sounds that are on HC, MDNA and RH. Imo MDNA is a great album. It's dark lyrically and musically (girl gone wild, gang bang, I'm addicted, some girls, I don't give a and love spent). So at the end of the day we all should know that Madonna is always focused when creating an album

Personally I love HC, MDNA and RH. I think she was focused on all albums and some of the albums just disappointed certain fans

She clearly has control on every aspect of the music and waned the sounds that are on HC, MDNA and RH. Imo MDNA is a great album. It's dark lyrically and musically (girl gone wild, gang bang, I'm addicted, some girls, I don't give a and love spent). So at the end of the day we all should know that Madonna is always focused when creating an album

I have to agree. I don't care what William Orbit said regarding MDNA tracks he worked on with her. It's not the first album where she was working on multiple projects.  I don't believe for one second she isn't dedicated and focused on each of her albums.  To think she just handed the reigns over to some producers is just nuts. She doesn't work that way.  With HC, she no doubt was trying to tap into that sound Justin, Timbaland and Pharell were known for. No different to her tapping into Orbits sound and other producers signature sounds she worked with.  In the end, she still plays a huge role in the development and outcome of her albums. 

I have to agree. I don't care what William Orbit said regarding MDNA tracks he worked on with her. It's not the first album where she was working on multiple projects. I don't believe for one second she isn't dedicated and focused on each of her albums. To think she just handed the reigns over to some producers is just nuts. She doesn't work that way. With HC, she no doubt was trying to tap into that sound Justin, Timbaland and Pharell were known for. No different to her tapping into Orbits sound and other producers signature sounds she worked with. In the end, she still plays a huge role in the development and outcome of her albums.

Couldn't have said it better myself

wasn't there a video with madonna, timberlake and timbaland where they were in a mobile recording studio? right before or after the half of fame induction thingy? (Verizon something?)

there i got the impression that madonna was least involved in HC compared to other records. there was an uncomfortable tension between the three in the video, anyone remember/got a link?

wasn't there a video with madonna, timberlake and timbaland where they were in a mobile recording studio? right before or after the half of fame induction thingy? (Verizon something?)

there i got the impression that madonna was least involved in HC compared to other records. there was an uncomfortable tension between the three in the video, anyone remember/got a link?

I never felt there was "tension" with Timberlake and Timbaland.  In fact, I keep thinking of the time Timberlake and Madonna talking about "Miles Away" during promotion saying all through the writing process of the song, that they all thought how the song/lyrics was so relate able. 

There was tension with Pharell though.  Sometime after the album was released, Madonna revealed that he made her cry.  But that tells me that both were still very involved and passionate with the project. 

I never felt there was "tension" with Timberlake and Timbaland. In fact, I keep thinking of the time Timberlake and Madonna talking about "Miles Away" during promotion saying all through the writing process of the song, that they all thought how the song/lyrics was so relate able.

There was tension with Pharell though. Sometime after the album was released, Madonna revealed that he made her cry. But that tells me that both were still very involved and passionate with the project.

I think she likes him a lot by now. Like she called him out at the LVL Performance "come.on pharell"

Can we request to leave that out of this thread?  Can we just focus on what is actually shared with us, without some coming in here, speculating or having a meltdown over very little info.  I mean; I'm already reading here and in other groups especially these speculation of who she might be working with, already writing it off as if it's going to be awful, etc.  Seriously? How can we really determine something is "awful" when we have no idea if it's really true, or what it sounds like...if it is true, etc, etc.  I just feel some enjoy to suck all the excitement and fun out of the process we're about to witness and experience, as well as set these ridiculous expectations and then have these meltdowns when it doesn't come to fruition.  I've been a fan of her for most of her career.  I know she's a mix bag.  She's never going to go back and do a part 2 of anything.  And for the most part, her new album WILL be something different from the last, even though there might be some songs that reminiscence with past songs or past sounds.

Honestly, I feel like I'm one of the very few fans who care less about who she works with. I have no expectations. I am not interested in demanding her to work with certain people, or not to work with people.  That's not who Madonna is! That's not why I became a fan.  In the end, it's her art. I am a fan of what she comes up with, not what I want her to do. It wouldn't be her vision if she was to do it my way.  She's never asked for my input before. She's never asked any fans for such input, so why do fans in each new era, expect so much from her, when that's not who she is?  I understand there are some sounds she explores or people she works with that you do or do not like, but to sit here for months and months, bitching and moaning about her choices when she's never relied on your input (or any other fan's input) before seems pretty ridiculous and useless.  If you want it your way, then record your own damn album. Work with or don't work with the people you don't want to.  Madonna is her own artist. She's always been.  She never and never will succumb to your demands and wishes. She never works that way. And quite frankly, she didn't become the legend she is by doing so.  People need to chill. Just enjoy the process! 

I liked this comment, but wished that I could love it.  I could NOT have put it better.  If she ever followed what we want her to do, two things would happen:

(1) She would become discontent with her work and the boredom would show through the songs.  She would not be our Madonna then.

AND

(2) We would become discontent with her work, thinking oh well we know what to expect and sales would SERIOUSLY plummet.  She wouldn't be our Madonna then!  

Leave her alone, let her be her, she's never let a TRUE fan down before.  

I never felt there was "tension" with Timberlake and Timbaland.  In fact, I keep thinking of the time Timberlake and Madonna talking about "Miles Away" during promotion saying all through the writing process of the song, that they all thought how the song/lyrics was so relate able. 

There was tension with Pharell though.  Sometime after the album was released, Madonna revealed that he made her cry.  But that tells me that both were still very involved and passionate with the project. 

I've been listening to Hard Candy a lot lately.  Miles Away is so sweet and I love the album as a whole...minus Incredible lol

I've been listening to Hard Candy a lot lately.  Miles Away is so sweet and I love the album as a whole...minus Incredible lol

I have this weird feeling about the song Incredible, I don't love it but I also don't hate it. I do love some of the production, especially towards the end but it sometimes it gets too long to listen to so I just don't even bother. The one song which should have never been considered as an album track is Spanish Lesson but hell, it's been discussed til death.

I have this weird feeling about the song Incredible, I don't love it but I also don't hate it. I do love some of the production, especially towards the end but it sometimes it gets too long to listen to so I just don't even bother. The one song which should have never been considered as an album track is Spanish Lesson but hell, it's been discussed til death.

Love Spanish Lessons! And pretty much all of Hard Candy. The Timbaland sound should have been an EP and Hard Candy solely Pharrel.

I never felt there was "tension" with Timberlake and Timbaland. In fact, I keep thinking of the time Timberlake and Madonna talking about "Miles Away" during promotion saying all through the writing process of the song, that they all thought how the song/lyrics was so relate able.

There was tension with Pharell though. Sometime after the album was released, Madonna revealed that he made her cry. But that tells me that both were still very involved and passionate with the project.

I don't know if Pharell made her cry, I thought it was timberland. If I remember correctly she said she struggled to sing the way he wanted her too?

Incredible is a great song. It's got an intriguing instrumental and beautiful words

Spanish lesson is a great song to listen to in a car drive with friends

Both sound good with headphones (especially Incredible)

I don't know if Pharell made her cry, I thought it was timberland. If I remember correctly she said she struggled to sing the way he wanted her too?

Just read the article, it was Pharrel. It was over vocals though. She didn't understand the rhythm he wanted and he kept talking to her in some condescending way. In a "sensitive" mood she just kind of stopped and had a meeting and she broke down.

Just read the article, it was Pharrel. It was over vocals though. She didn't understand the rhythm he wanted and he kept talking to her in some condescending way. In a "sensitive" mood she just kind of stopped and had a meeting and she broke down.

That's right and then they got over it and now love each other!

i clearly remember there was a moment where she suggests to timberland and timberlake to turn something up or down (the bass or something) and madonna says something along the lines of "wouldn't that be cool?", and there are just weird looks, a short stare between timberland and timberlake, and both leave her hanging right there.

i can't find the actual video.

i wasn't referring to the crying thing with pharrell...that's a well-known thing.

PS: it was part of below featurette... but can't open the first video from germany

https://www.vbox7.com/play:cac63dd1

i clearly remember there was a moment where she suggests to timberland and timberlake to turn something up or down (the bass or something) and madonna says something along the lines of "wouldn't that be cool?", and there are just weird looks, a short stare between timberland and timberlake, and both leave her hanging right there.

i can't find the actual video.

i wasn't referring to the crying thing with pharrell...that's a well-known thing.

PS: it was part of below featurette... but can't open the first video from germany

https://www.vbox7.com/play:cac63dd1

Well nothing in those links suggest tension or trouble among them. But no doubt, they all had some disagreement.  I'm sure there were some.  But watching those videos, you see how they all have a mutual respect for one another and how they contributed.  I feel some fans look for something that isn't really there. I know a lot of fans dislike Timberlake and TImbaland, so they write the album off as if she just handed over the reigns.  Madonna ultimately chose to work with them. She was looking for a sound they can produce.  When Timberlake and Timbaland get together, they have a distinct sound.  No doubt, her vision was met.  The song "Devil Wouldn't...." was written long before Justin and Timbaland worked on it.  It's one of the best songs on the album, and it's got that distinct sound that they were producing at the time.  Should have been a single. 

Be the last album??

Not a chance. I don't know why some even suggest such since she has given no inclination of retiring, as well as said she has no plans of such.

Well nothing in those links suggest tension or trouble among them. But no doubt, they all had some disagreement. I'm sure there were some. But watching those videos, you see how they all have a mutual respect for one another and how they contributed. I feel some fans look for something that isn't really there. I know a lot of fans dislike Timberlake and TImbaland, so they write the album off as if she just handed over the reigns. Madonna ultimately chose to work with them. She was looking for a sound they can produce. When Timberlake and Timbaland get together, they have a distinct sound. No doubt, her vision was met. The song "Devil Wouldn't...." was written long before Justin and Timbaland worked on it. It's one of the best songs on the album, and it's got that distinct sound that they were producing at the time. Should have been a single.

Although I can agree that it was Madonna’s choice to work with them, it should also be mentioned that all songs on HC that were JT/Timbaland productions were the first time since the Like A Virgin album that Madonna wasn’t listed as a co-producer of her own co-written songs on a studio album.

The Pharrell tracks were Nepunes/Madonna co-productions.

Hence, Madonna being listed as “Executive Producer†of her own album.

Not a chance. I don't know why some even suggest such since she has given no inclination of retiring, as well as said she has no plans of such.

Right!! I think she'll go up to like 18 albums or something or more, however many albums she'll make she'll do it