Bel

The New Album - 2019!!

13 hours ago, Fighter said:

maybe cos of the lack of enthusiasm about it from the met gala coverage (since most publications didn't even realise there was a new song snippet lol). but personally i think it sounded good and the lyrics were interesting. hopefully we get the song on the album and its even better. 

Well I would think that is poor promotion on her part. If she wanted it to be “something” she should have tried harder lol. Maybe it wasn’t meant to be anything but a YouTube upload, I dunno. 

Is this the one thing that’s supposed to tide us over until any album news? Could be a while... :(

I think she is trying to avoid what destroyed other pop artists, losing themselves. After Rocco, maybe she wants them all tucked away in school so when she does start promoting and tour (after next summer perhaps) then they won't be caught in the middle too bad.

8 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

I repeat from day 1 that i'm sure "Beautiful game" will not be the lead single from the new album. I even think it won't be a single at all. 

Agreed. It may not even show up at all. Reception for the snippet we heard was lukewarm to say the least.

6 minutes ago, BringUrLUV said:

WTF is going on with this album?????  I'm impatient.

I think there are several factors. For one, I think M is going to release this thing when there isn't a lot of big name competition, second I think she's focusing on her children and getting them settled in with their academics, and finally I think she's just trying to get it as perfect as she possibly can. 

I don't think we're getting a lot of information because the album is ready to be released but she is probably afraid of saying much because of the previous leak. I would venture to guess that she will drop the single and the album at the same time. Once the single hits it's almost inevitable that the album will leak within a couple of weeks because the albums are sitting around in shipping boxes and it's far to easy for someone to grab one and upload it.

Time goes by so slowly, so slowly, so slowly, so slowly.........

1 hour ago, TonyMontana said:

I repeat from day 1 that i'm sure "Beautiful game" will not be the lead single from the new album. I even think it won't be a single at all. 

58 minutes ago, *mlvc* said:

Agreed. It may not even show up at all. Reception for the snippet we heard was lukewarm to say the least.

I agree with the both of you. If it was going to be a single, it should already have been released. By now the momentum has gone. I think we should see Beautiful Game for what it is, just a snippet intended for the Met Gala, nothing more. It would surprise me if the song is even featured on the album. Perhaps it will be a bonus track on the Deluxe Edition...

19 minutes ago, Suzy Q. said:

Okay, is this a hint? Is Mirwais in London? Is he in Paris? Is there anyone who knows?

Probably. But it doesn't give you much to go on.

My biggest worry about this album is that M and Mirwais tend to get together and get too political. Right now there is a lot going on politically and I hope that for the most part M doesn't bring it to the album. One track, ok, but the rest just let it alone!

1 minute ago, *mlvc* said:

Probably. But it doesn't give you much to go on.

My biggest worry about this album is that M and Mirwais tend to get together and get too political. Right now there is a lot going on politically and I hope that for the most part M doesn't bring it to the album. One track, ok, but the rest just let it alone!

I agree! No rapping about Trump please!

24 minutes ago, Suzy Q. said:

I agree! No rapping about Trump please!

Oh maaaaaaan I would be surprised if there ISNT anything about what’s going on in America during this embarrassing presidency

2 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

I think Magic will be a lead single and I expect it to be a disco inspired song.

I hope the album title will be different.

She worked on RH around 9 months, plus one month of mastering. Than she released LFL video in February and the album in March.

She started to work on the new album in January. So, it could mean she is finishing her album during this month and it will be mastered during October. A new single and album might be released in November. MTV Europe Music Awards will be held in November too, so she could perform the new single. It would be smart to focus more on Europe and the rest of the world, since America doesn't care. Plus, it will be very COADF. 

This is just a theory. Since she works with less people on this album, the situation could be different and the album could be finished, but there are no rules. We also don't know how much time she really spent in studio. This time she didn't post a lot and it felt like there were big breaks between studio sessions.

I think Magic will be a lead single and I expect it to be a disco inspired song.
This. The British press will have a field day with Madge-ic

Sent from my H3113 using Tapatalk

24 minutes ago, deathproof said:

Hardly.

I find HC to be the least Madonna album of her entire career. My opinion. There are good tracks on there, but most of the songs aren't that strong. Seems more like a complication of good filler than stand out tracks.

3 hours ago, Suzy Q. said:

Okay, is this a hint? Is Mirwais in London? Is he in Paris? Is there anyone who knows?

I keep wondering why Mirwais has been using old material. Cant he give us a little snippet of the new stuff? Not saying to share the music he produced with M but what about his solo material? Wasnt Disco Science out for quite some time before Music came out? 

2 hours ago, luckystar said:

Um, like 10000000000000000% child bring on the disco dancing Madonna. 

47 minutes ago, RayOfLight said:

Sorry but i have to disagree. If Madonna doesnt come back with a strong socio/political message she will waste the opportunity of a life time to put her name out there where it matters. Especially now. This is not 2003 and US society has come a long way since then. If anyhing staying quite will result in a backlash. So far no big artist with the exception of Eminem took a real stance. Look at what happened to Taylor Swift.. by excluding herself to the political discussion she lost many fans and support from the mainstream media. Some even accusing her to be a neo nazi. Madonna will have many people by her side this time around. The #metoo movement certainly plays in favor to Madonna. The world is ready now and Madonna should take the opportunity. 

I don't remember hearing about Taylor Swift being accused of being a nazi. Lots of singers have kept quiet about politics. Look at Dolly Parton. She never discusses politics and she's a superstar, so no.

36 minutes ago, Pretender1978 said:

I totally agree, if ever there was a time for madonna to be madonna, it's now. She has always been a fighter for social justice, and has called out hypocritism where needed. For M to write songs about dancing or cute guys right now would not make all that much sense to me.

I stand by my opinion that she doesn't need to make an overly political album. She said herself that when she began the COAD project she had to ditch Mirwais because they were too political and couldn't get the music that she wanted to do at the time done.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to have a track about society as it is today, but if she comes out with an album full of political statements the album will flat out suck. Madonna has no idea how to write songs about politics or world peace without cringe-worthy lyrics. Think American Life and Hey You.

Just because an album isn't about politics doesn't mean it has to be about cute guys and dancing.

1 hour ago, *mlvc* said:

I don't remember hearing about Taylor Swift being accused of being a nazi. Lots of singers have kept quiet about politics. Look at Dolly Parton. She never discusses politics and she's a superstar, so no.

I stand by my opinion that she doesn't need to make an overly political album. She said herself that when she began the COAD project she had to ditch Mirwais because they were too political and couldn't get the music that she wanted to do at the time done.

I don't think it would be a bad idea to have a track about society as it is today, but if she comes out with an album full of political statements the album will flat out suck. Madonna has no idea how to write songs about politics or world peace without cringe-worthy lyrics. Think American Life and Hey You.

Just because an album isn't about politics doesn't mean it has to be about cute guys and dancing.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/11/6/16613656/taylor-swift-first-amendment-lawsuit-aclu-nazi-kkk-lyrics

https://variety.com/2017/music/news/taylor-swift-lawsuit-aclu-1202607965/

My point is she could capitalize from the current political situation. Shes been a voice for liberalism and equality since the very start. Now its the time to go all out and fight the fight. I would be extremely disappointed if not surprised if she doesn't come back with a message or even observation on whats going on.  The audience is there and ready to listen why not taking advantage of the situation? Beyonce embracing politcs furthered her career after all.. surely a road paved by Madonna many years ago. 

Madonna might as well come back with an autobiographical album which is probably what some fans are hoping for but apart from that whats the alternative? Falling in love, being pissed with your ex, sex, partying and na na na?  

8 hours ago, *mlvc* said:

My biggest worry about this album is that M and Mirwais tend to get together and get too political.

They really only got political on one album out of the three they worked on together.  Specifically, they got political on one song, American Life.  

Edit: this bitch had a brain fart.  blame the weed.