Bel

The New Album - 2019!!

27 minutes ago, RayOfLight said:

Your message can easily be read among the Daily Mail message section by the way. 

Honestly Madonnas on her own journey and whether she fucked up her career or not is not going to change a thing anyway. Whats done is done and repeating the same mantra again and again sounds just like nagging and bitching. If you dont like her skin products dont buy them. Same goes for music or whatever you find unappealing with her name on it. Your opinions do matter but when it turns to a point of sounding like a broken record go do something else. Enjoy other artists, focus on something you love and makes you happy. Arent you tired of all this frustration about these skin products after all? What you want to happen anyway? Madonna to stop selling these things and apologise for being such an idiot for the last 10 years with shitty music and horrible music videos? Honestly, you guys are just not getting.

Perhaps if you read more closely, I said, IF THERE WAS A PROBLEM - there might not be. Her current project is MDNA Skin. That bit we know. If she's not happy with the state of her career, she doesn't have to continue with the project she's promoting or working on. That was my point. She can change course. If there's a personal problem in her life, that's another story altogether. She's coming off as whining and moaning - just as much as fans, I might add. Who has a gun to her head? If it's negative comments getting her down, no one is forcing her to have social media. Again, this was my point. I made plenty. She has to take some responsibility here. Isn't that the point of her Kabbalah teachings anyway? She can easily turn all of this around. Then again, maybe nothing is wrong. Maybe she's having a good laugh with everyone overanalyzing everything she posts.:04:

37 minutes ago, madgefan said:

Image result for madonna roll eyes

gallery-1506939100-giphy.gif?resize=480:

Chill pill and peace ah? :laughing: :thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, Fighter said:

Ever since she opened her instagram and started posting vague things, the fandom has gone crazy:yarn:Everyone is so high strung. 

Eeeeeeexactly!!! :smokey::hug:

46 minutes ago, drivebitch said:

Maybe she's having a good laugh with everyone overanalyzing everything she posts.

:laughing: Agree.

Well... and here too, to the point of overanalyzing with a magnifying glass every word I say. And I think it's completely different than the press / haters / real naysayers / IG comments insulting her because they hate her actually. Not us. :angel:

In the end, we're just the "same" on the same boat lol serlg4.jpg

Honestly, Madonna needs to step up her game and deliver a perfect era without leaks or whatever. 

Many fans say she doesn't need to prove anything anymore, but that doesn't mean she should  make anything. On many forums, fans were like "she should do more songs like BIM just to spite some fans" and sometimes it feels like Madonna did stuff for the same reason. Since when it is a positive thing if great artists dumb down their works? I haven't noticed it in other fan bases, but only in Madonna fan base, some fans tend to defend her "dumbed down" songs, that are supposed to be fun. Maybe some are fun, but stuff like  ITG, Vogue, Sorry, I'm Addicted and Hold Tight were fun too. So if she is capable to do brilliant pop songs, why should she do less good stuff than that?

If an artist like Kate Bush, who is the same age like Madonna,  can do great stuff in the 2010s too, what is Madonna's excuse? Or excuse of some fans? A great artist should always do great work and want to do. And Kate Bush does that and wants that. On the other hand, some fans defend Madonna with weak arguments. HC and MDNA were under her level. And we as fans should bitch about it, because we care, not because we hate or whatever.

I already said it in another thread, but Madonna doesn't handle her age very well in some situations. She is going through some kind of midlife crisis. I still admire that 1992 interview where she talks about age and ageism. She was so cool, so mature, so interesting... and still fun. And now, she is like "Fuck you. Bitch, I'm Madonna. I do want I want. Screw ageism." She became so messy in the 2010s and some fans think Madonna is just being Madonna. No, Madonna is out of control in some situations. 

Also, she didn't really fight ageism while being messy, doing BIM, being sexy and dating younger men. Some older female celebs have been there and done that in the past. What happened to Madonna's pop music being above shallow pop music of many other basic artists? She could have explored ageism issues through her music, her music videos and photoshoots, but she hasn't. She doesn't like to repeat herself or want to be a nostalgia act, but she does exactly that, because she doesn't focus on new ideas and themes.

It isn't easy for music artists to stay faithful to their style through years and still be successful or get critical acclaim at least, but artist like Kate Bush managed to do that. She is still in her zone, but she still manages to experiment and be creative. On the other hand, Madonna reinvented herself and it did wonders for her. But that reinvention wasn't just a simple change. Madonna pulled it off and make it her own. She was changing her style, but still she was in her zone. For older artists it can be a problem when they try to update their sound, or they stick to their outdated sound or jump to new trends. And that was the case with HC and MDNA, and RH  a little bit here and there. She had features on three albums so far. Is she capable to do an album without a feature? OK, some features did make sense and were good, other were unnecessary, but in most cases the feature was a flavor of the moment. There are so many creative young people with interesting ideas, who aren't big, but Madonna doesn't work with them.

Instead of reminding us that she is Madonna, she should show us. Messy things, problems and insecurities aside, I still believe Madonna can do magic and I expect her next album to be one of her best works.

In case someone says this is another negative opinion, I am just trying to be objective and express what I have noticed.

2 hours ago, luckystar said:

Also, she didn't really fight ageism while being messy, doing BIM, being sexy and dating younger men. Some older female celebs have been there and done that in the past

Her "being messy, doing BIM, being sexy and dating younger men" IS FIGHTING AGEISM. 

9 hours ago, Eyzonme said:

Her "being messy, doing BIM, being sexy and dating younger men" IS FIGHTING AGEISM. 

This.

Besides Madonna message is dont be defined by your own age. Be who you want to be regardless of how old you are. So if she wants to be silly at 60 who are we to judge? Should we put an age limit to what we are allowed and not allowed to do? If so  lets list rules and im sure its going to be a very long list full of donts and dos but in the end those are rules we decide for ourselves by conforming to what our society expects from us. Its the system that’s fucked up NOT Madonna. 

13 hours ago, luckystar said:

Honestly, Madonna needs to step up her game and deliver a perfect era without leaks or whatever. 

Many fans say she doesn't need to prove anything anymore, but that doesn't mean she should  make anything. On many forums, fans were like "she should do more songs like BIM just to spite some fans" and sometimes it feels like Madonna did stuff for the same reason. Since when it is a positive thing if great artists dumb down their works? I haven't noticed it in other fan bases, but only in Madonna fan base, some fans tend to defend her "dumbed down" songs, that are supposed to be fun. Maybe some are fun, but stuff like  ITG, Vogue, Sorry, I'm Addicted and Hold Tight were fun too. So if she is capable to do brilliant pop songs, why should she do less good stuff than that?

If an artist like Kate Bush, who is the same age like Madonna,  can do great stuff in the 2010s too, what is Madonna's excuse? Or excuse of some fans? A great artist should always do great work and want to do. And Kate Bush does that and wants that. On the other hand, some fans defend Madonna with weak arguments. HC and MDNA were under her level. And we as fans should bitch about it, because we care, not because we hate or whatever.

I already said it in another thread, but Madonna doesn't handle her age very well in some situations. She is going through some kind of midlife crisis. I still admire that 1992 interview where she talks about age and ageism. She was so cool, so mature, so interesting... and still fun. And now, she is like "Fuck you. Bitch, I'm Madonna. I do want I want. Screw ageism." She became so messy in the 2010s and some fans think Madonna is just being Madonna. No, Madonna is out of control in some situations. 

Also, she didn't really fight ageism while being messy, doing BIM, being sexy and dating younger men. Some older female celebs have been there and done that in the past. What happened to Madonna's pop music being above shallow pop music of many other basic artists? She could have explored ageism issues through her music, her music videos and photoshoots, but she hasn't. She doesn't like to repeat herself or want to be a nostalgia act, but she does exactly that, because she doesn't focus on new ideas and themes.

It isn't easy for music artists to stay faithful to their style through years and still be successful or get critical acclaim at least, but artist like Kate Bush managed to do that. She is still in her zone, but she still manages to experiment and be creative. On the other hand, Madonna reinvented herself and it did wonders for her. But that reinvention wasn't just a simple change. Madonna pulled it off and make it her own. She was changing her style, but still she was in her zone. For older artists it can be a problem when they try to update their sound, or they stick to their outdated sound or jump to new trends. And that was the case with HC and MDNA, and RH  a little bit here and there. She had features on three albums so far. Is she capable to do an album without a feature? OK, some features did make sense and were good, other were unnecessary, but in most cases the feature was a flavor of the moment. There are so many creative young people with interesting ideas, who aren't big, but Madonna doesn't work with them.

Instead of reminding us that she is Madonna, she should show us. Messy things, problems and insecurities aside, I still believe Madonna can do magic and I expect her next album to be one of her best works.

In case someone says this is another negative opinion, I am just trying to be objective and express what I have noticed.

Kate Bush released 10 albums in her 40-year career, Madonna is onto album #14 in 35 years and that's not counting soundtracks, numerous world tours, movies, 6 kids, etc. She's also a completely different artist - Kate Bush never operated in the realm of pop/dance music which is inherently youth-oriented and relies on trends which, in Madonna's case, means that the only way to get played on the radio is to have a younger/current artist featured on a song. I do think she should just say "fuck it" and relax about it but perhaps she genuinely it still hungry for hits and that's one way of trying to make that happen nowadays. 

Also, everyone's creative well dries up at some point and given how prolific Madonna has been maybe that's the case here. She's given us some incredible records over the years - even the weaker ones are only perceived as such because they're compared to some truly classic albums in her discography. 

And I love the fact she's been flashing her ass, dating younger men, being silly, sexy, provocative - you name it. I was so pleased to see this side of her back after years of playing demure English country wife and hiding her "raspberries" for husband's sake. It feels like she's being herself and doing what pleases her - if that's not fighting ageism and preconceived notions of how a woman of a certain age should behave I don't know what is.

And finally, she's 60 years old folks - there's less of the road ahead of her than behind and whether it's the messy Madonna, the classy Madonna, the shagging-men-3rd-her-age-Madonna, the pop legend Madonna - you'll miss her when she's gone. So chill and enjoy the "mess" while it lasts :).