Bel

The New Album - 2019!!

9 minutes ago, mr00mister said:

i have faith on this release, although is very difficult now, I hope the right marketing campaing makes her relevant again, and we have another sensational tour.

Also coz it could be make or break for her career!

On 12/15/2018 at 11:19 AM, RayOfLight said:

You see thats the problem when giving  our own personal reviews. Its all subjective. For example I would regard Beat Goes On as a great track while Voices trash ( simply because the arrangement is way too basic). I think the album -without Spanish Lessons ( silly lyrics) and Voices - is a pretty solid work as you recognised yourself. By all means its no Like A Prayer or Ray Of Light but those were pop cultural mammoths so keeping comparing every album she releases with those two is rather unfair and silly at this point. 

Well, you are correct, which as I said in the original post, "in my opinion." I think many of us agree on several things on most albums but we all have different points of view and tastes.

I would never compare HC to LAP or ROL - those two albums are considered by the industry some of the greatest pieces of pop music ever released. I do think it's kinda sad though that M has to basically compete with herself, and that is very unfair.

19 hours ago, Rollifotti said:

She should save that family name thing for her "last" album. Pretty Dramatic to have the first one named madonna and the last ciccone 😁

I LOVE this idea! But then again I always said that her second GH album should have been called, "The Immaculate Continuation." Instead we got a lackluster GHV2 when in fact there was never a GHV1 (yes, I am aware that TIC was a GH collection, but GHV2 when there was never one named GH is odd, to me).

3 hours ago, Bel said:

This was shared by Robster on madonnanation:

" Okay, so... Some info I got from someone apparently in the know. It's not world shocking information, but interesting nonetheless and time will tell how trustworthy this info really is, but I decided to share it regardless. If only for us all to have something to discuss during the holidays:

• Do not expect anything in 2018.
    • obviously
  • Official info will begin to be shared little by little in the first weeks of January.
    • not obvious, but then again we all sort of suspect this
  • At the moment the definitive track listing is not done yet.
    • Not general information. Some think she's mastering, some think she's recording
  • She really put her heart and soul into this album. No fillers here.
    • Subjective
  • "Killers" is indeed a killer track.
    • This, if Killers ends up being on the album or a demo, validates this information, but what one person likes the other may not
  • She didn't play it safe. She took risks musically and he really means RISKS. Some of the tracks people will be like "WOW, what is that?!" At first listen. Of course a couple of tracks are less innovative, more commercial. But even those are top notch.
    • I HOPE this is accurate, but again, could be subjective. As far as the information being valid, this does lend credence to that claim as it is descriptive of the album.
  • Some tracks you can't compare to any other music out there really, at least not that he knows of.
    • Whoever "he" is - is he a music guru? I would suspect an insider would be.
  • The only thing is that it's not a very cohesive album as a whole. But the tracks are so out of this world that you couldn't care less about cohesiveness. but according to him, the album is not messy (as he thinks "Rebel Heart" was).
    • We've all come to expect this, but I'm glad to hear "not as messy" if accurate
  • It's no secret that there will be Latino influences on the album so to a certain extent people who love tracks like "Spanish Lesson" will be happy. But of course the Latino tracks do not sound like "Spanish Lesson". They are way better. The influences on this album are incredible.
    • Better than Spanish Lesson wouldn't be a very difficult task. I hope the influences are amazing, organic, and definitely not forced.
  • In his opinion, this is her best album since COADF.
    • Opinion, but that is definitely saying something. I personally enjoyed RH quite a bit, but I don't return to is nearly as much as I do COADF.

Don't shoot the messenger..."

Hmm, intersting.

I think some of this "information" is obvious to any real M fan right now, however, it's still exciting to get these tidbits. This is one of my favorite parts of a new album release - the speculation when she is coming SOON.

1 hour ago, luckystar said:

I hope she will be selective this time and choose the best songs only.

Exactly. The only issue with "best" as some have already pointed out is that we all have different opinions on what the best songs are.

I know what you mean, though. She left some gems on the cutting room floor for RH and put sub-par songs, at least lyrically, on the album.

14 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

The "insider" on Popjustice has just posted this :

If you want something less substantial then remember there's gonna be two tracks out almost at the same time, not the same day but very close. Two very different tracks. Brand new strategy for Madonna.

That was said  last week by the same person.

Anyway, it was speculated by fans that she could drop more than one song. Many artists do that.

So, this isn't surprising at all.

57 minutes ago, TonyMontana said:

If you want something less substantial then remember there's gonna be two tracks out almost at the same time, not the same day but very close. Two very different tracks. Brand new strategy for Madonna.

What insider? I trust robster from MNation more than this randomer, he's been reliable before and was right about the met gala this year

20 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

What insider? I trust robster from MNation more than this randomer, he's been reliable before and was right about the met gala this year

It is the same person. That insider on Popjustice is Robster's insider ! I've been talking via private message with the insider on popjustice.

10 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

It is the same person. That insider on Popjustice is Robster's insider ! I've been talking via private message with the insider on popjustice

So some random person talks to some random person and spills all these beans as opposed to just throwing it all out there on a forum?

On 12/17/2018 at 9:03 PM, TonyMontana said:

I was thinking about this, do you think she will play with the typo as the first and the last letter of MagiC are the initials of her name and family name ? As she doesn't put her name on her album covers anymote this way we would have M C. Just an idea...

She'll never take the risk of having anything coming from her to be confused with Mariah Carey

Kylie has announced she’s doing Glastonbury 2019, I’m disappointed because I was really hoping Madonna was going to be doing it, there were lots of rumours that she would be, especially with her new album coming out next year. It would have given her album a massive boost with promotion if she did perform at Glastonbury! Would of been so awesome if she had a set list of about 6 songs like Radio 1’s big weekend. 

1. New song 

2. Hung Up

3. New song

4. Music

5. New Song

6. Like a Prayer

I’m dreaming I know, but would of been epic. Massive missed opportunity for her.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-46617522

3 hours ago, Eyzonme said:

So some random person talks to some random person and spills all these beans as opposed to just throwing it all out there on a forum?

But he also posts on the popjustice forum. Me, Robster and probably other member also talk to him via pm. I have asked him why he posts on popjustice and not on Madonna forums, he said that it's hysteria on Madonna forums. He also said that he doesn't want to post too specific info because he doesn't wanna get in troube and he doesn't want to ruin Madonna's plans especially this time that everything is happening the way she wants it. I don't know if that insider is genuine or not, all i know is that he is the only insider we have for this album and it'spart of the fun so true or not we will see...

40 minutes ago, matty221087 said:

.. I’m disappointed because I was really hoping Madonna was going to be doing it, there were lots of rumours that she would be, especially with her new album coming out next year. It would have given her album a massive boost with promotion if she did perform at Glastonbury! Would of been so awesome if she had a set list of about 6 songs like Radio 1’s big weekend. 

1. New song 

2. Hung Up

3. New song

4. Music

5. New Song

6. Like a Prayer

I’m dreaming I know, but would of been epic. Massive missed opportunity for her.

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-46617522

She would have to play more than 6 songs on a festival like Glastonbury, at least 15 songs.