Bel

The New Album - 2019!!

Let's not forget that someone has won a day in the studio with M and should have been there by now...

I only hope the album is released in March rather than April/May. I can't wait 5 more months :lord:

1 hour ago, stefo said:

You see? We're all different guys, I do hope for a committed Madonna this time. I'd like her - and think the world needs everybody - to seriously explore the darkness and perils of our times, to go deep into things. In the last years her talking about freedom and fighting never found a real space in her work, except for the secret project. This is just the right time and I'd be thrilled and proud if M should find the right words and tone to make the world really talk about what's going on around the globe, from the increasing of poverty, to the rediscussion of basic human rights, the affirmation of new dictatorships and the explosion of hate and intolerance among people (Beautiful Game was so promising in this matter). 

Actually I have very opposite opinion about this.

These days everybody jump into political matter and pretending they are serious and they're right because it's "trend" for these average pop stars, And it makes me sick and boring as hell.

We need more delightful and enjoyable music at this new era.

I wanna dance with Madonna's new music.

I wonder what that 'Killers' track sounds like and if it ends up as the first song on the tracklist as we saw. It's rare for her not to release the top track as a single. It would be very interesting to see her release a track with such a strong title, if it is indeed the title. But sure if she thinks of her new album as #magic it just can't get too political, can it? Magic is in the love of people, not politics :thinker: :angel:

As for Madonna being "more committed" this time around....

I think she was totally committed to Rebel Heart.  It just wasn't the way she was used to making records & the label pushed all the writing camps on her & she really wanted a hit.  She was working with over-scheduled DJs (poor Avicii :cry:) & the work was constantly interrupted. 

This time around, she's doing things the way she's more comfortable & used to, and may I say a more organic way to make music.   

1 hour ago, Blue Prince said:

I wonder what that 'Killers' track sounds like and if it ends up as the first song on the tracklist as we saw. It's rare for her not to release the top track as a single. It would be very interesting to see her release a track with such a strong title, if it is indeed the title. But sure if she thinks of her new album as #magic it just can't get too political, can it? Magic is in the love of people, not politics :thinker: :angel:

Is it? I've never given that a great deal of thought...

She did for:

REBEL HEART

MDNA

(She wanted Candy Shop for first single, so we'll give HC a mention)

COADF

AMERICAN LIFE

MUSIC

LIKE A PRAYER

EROTICA

I think that hits all of them... Anyway seems like it's about 50/50 and started more beginning with MUSIC that prior to.

Interesting observation.

4 hours ago, BringUrLUV said:

As for Madonna being "more committed" this time around....

I think she was totally committed to Rebel Heart.  It just wasn't the way she was used to making records & the label pushed all the writing camps on her & she really wanted a hit.  She was working with over-scheduled DJs (poor Avicii :cry:) & the work was constantly interrupted. 

This time around, she's doing things the way she's more comfortable & used to, and may I say a more organic way to make music.   

I also think the whole leaking situation must have ruined the era for her, she wanted to do things a certain way and that was all ruined

17 minutes ago, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I also think the whole leaking situation must have ruined the era for her, she wanted to do things a certain way and that was all ruined

On that note: Demos were better though. Yesterday (DEC 19) was the 4yr anniversary when Madonna prematurely officially released 6 songs on iTunes on the coattails of the 1 wave of leaks. 

6 minutes ago, trance2dance said:

On that note: Demos were better though. Yesterday (DEC 19) was the 4yr anniversary when Madonna prematurely officially released 6 songs on iTunes on the coattails of the 1 wave of leaks. 

but we should never have heard the demos and thats what hurt the album and upset a lot of fans 

49 minutes ago, trance2dance said:

There’s like 3 demos that were better than the album versions. Everything else improved.

22 minutes ago, deathproof said:

There’s like 3 demos that were better than the album versions. Everything else improved.

The final versions of Rebel Heart, Wash All Over Me, Heartbreak City, Hold Tight, Joan of Arc and Borrowed Time where all better than the album versions. Even Illuminati was more danceable. 

9 minutes ago, LindebergBoy said:

The final versions of Rebel Heart, Wash All Over Me, Heartbreak City, Hold Tight, Joan of Arc and Borrowed Time where all better than the album versions. Even Illuminati was more danceable. 

rebel heart was better as a demo in my opinion ...inside out also but it was too much like bjorks army of me as a demo 

31 minutes ago, LindebergBoy said:

Incorrect. The demos of Inside Out, Rebel Heart, and Wash were the only ones that mattered.

Demos of Beautiful scars, Joan of Arc (no uptempo), Borrowed time, Inside out were definitely better.

Some aspects of Living for love and maybe also Devil pray are better in the demos, the final versions are so overproduced. The first Bitch I'm Madonna has a crazy ending with that operatic soprano voice that is very original imo. Probably they could have done differently with Hold tight, too.

While I regret the "dance" version if Wash all over me instead of the "march" version, I am pretty happy with Rebel Heart, the Avicii version doesn't pay justice to the beautiful intimate lyrics.

1 hour ago, Enrico said:

Demos of Beautiful scars, Joan of Arc (no uptempo), Borrowed time, Inside out were definitely better.

Some aspects of Living for love and maybe also Devil pray are better in the demos, the final versions are so overproduced. The first Bitch I'm Madonna has a crazy ending with that operatic soprano voice that is very original imo. Probably they could have done differently with Hold tight, too.

While I regret the "dance" version if Wash all over me instead of the "march" version, I am pretty happy with Rebel Heart, the Avicii version doesn't pay justice to the beautiful intimate lyrics.

She*. She produced it all by herself I think. mad5

While some may believe the leaks hurt albums sales, it can be a benefit too - IF the album was good. Example, Taylor Swift's "1989" album leaked a whole month ahead of release date and ended up being the top selling. "Lemonade" by Beyoncé partially leaked days before street date, the leak was so hot that that the official visual album sold over 600K in the first week and  became the first female artist to chart twelve or more songs on the US Billboard Hot 100 at the same time! The point is, basically a leak can be good or bad, it ALL depends on the material. If it's good, people will buy, if it sucks, it won't sell.

Speaking of leaked... Beyoncé's new album, "Queen Carter" has leaked & people are raving all over it.

*Here's an article about the art form of leaks: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-leaks-idUSN1126044820080712

Rebel Heart demos aren't allowed here.

4 hours ago, trance2dance said:

While some may believe the leaks hurt albums sales, it can be a benefit too - IF the album was good. Example, Taylor Swift's "1989" album leaked a whole month ahead of release date and ended up being the top selling. "Lemonade" by Beyoncé partially leaked days before street date, the leak was so hot that that the official visual album sold over 600K in the first week and  became the first female artist to chart twelve or more songs on the US Billboard Hot 100 at the same time! The point is, basically a leak can be good or bad, it ALL depends on the material. If it's good, people will buy, if it sucks, it won't sell.

Speaking of leaked... Beyoncé's new album, "Queen Carter" has leaked & people are raving all over it.

Beyonce hasn't released new music. That so called project is compiled of both her very old songs and unreleased music and was a leak