Bel

The New Album - 2019!!

On 1/8/2019 at 8:50 AM, Brendanlovesu1 said:

I smell music video preparations being made...

Lauren is in NYC and now Megan Lawson (choreographer) and Nuno Xico (Madonna's video producer/editor) are as well.

No news about the confirmed/rumoured? director being there yet though (Emmanuel Adjei)

(info from popjustice forum)

Madonna does follow Emmanuel Adjei on Instagram, so I bet he will be the director of her new video. I'm very happy with that, the videos he did for Sevdaliza are quite good. It's a new direction for Madonna. And now that she's following Omar Edwards as well on Instagram, I feel a real reinvention is taking place.

ExclusiveMagic is 100% fake. Their previous snippets were debunked, so take that Barry Gibb tracklist with a pinch of salt. Robster from PopJustice & MNation is our only credible  "insider" as of now (MET Gala & Stonewall). And of course Lady M herself threw us a bone by posting the song titles on her Instagram story, hehe.

5 minutes ago, milingo83 said:

Sorry but, someone say that Cardi B will be on new Madonna records?

Brazilian popstar Anitta pretty much confirmed a collaboration, not a word said about Cardi.

7 hours ago, professormouse said:

Can and Neu are are German bands too but maaaad rock sorta.
Kraftwerk's very first UK appearance was on the BBC 1 TV science show 'Tomorrow's World' which was not exactly Top Of The Pops.
Though quite a few English synth bands were self-admittedly created almost 'while' watching this moment.
They were like The Velvet Underground a little in that they were cool but were never as huge as say Erasure record sales-wise.
The Model [asfaIk ] is a b-side that was flipped and went back up the charts ?
Both I Feel Love another German tune & I Will Survive were also flipped-b-sides too so maybe that's where part of their Disco God-ness comes from ?

https://www.dw.com/en/kraftwerk-maintain-their-legacy-as-electro-pioneers/a-6497092

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/rockandpopfeatures/9837423/Kraftwerk-the-most-influential-group-in-pop-history.html

Kraftwerk are very far removed from Disco, in my humble opinion. I am a huge fan of theirs, but "disco" would never be a good description of their music. The softest I'd go would be "electro pop". Their music is closer to Classical music than pop at many points. They are also the progenitors of popular electronic music and their music influenced Techno, Hip-Hop and Pop of the past 40 years. Although I would like Madonna to do something classy and sophisticated like their music, I don't think that's gonna happen.

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

So wait, no Middle Eastern/fado inspired sound on M14? I would prefer that over disco honestly... 

She called Mirwais "Disco God" first time in April, then in June in 2018.  It was already a hint that new music could feature disco elements.

She referred to disco again yesterday.

Elements of Latino music are definitely on the album. Portuguese music and some Brazilian music.  It probably will have African elements, since Madonna met some African people in Portugal and she tagged Funana, which was also on songs board. Perhaps some tribal beats and some backing vocals sung in African are on the album.

We know Madonna was in Morocco, but we don't know if Moroccan music (which is similar to music of Middle East) influenced the album. There were no hints like for music mentioned above. She posted only clips. Maybe they are hints. Moroccan music could be well blend with other genres on the album.

1 hour ago, Future Lover said:

Kraftwerk are very far removed from Disco, in my humble opinion. I am a huge fan of theirs, but "disco" would never be a good description of their music. The softest I'd go would be "electro pop". Their music is closer to Classical music than pop at many points. They are also the progenitors of popular electronic music and their music influenced Techno, Hip-Hop and Pop of the past 40 years. Although I would like Madonna to do something classy and sophisticated like their music, I don't think that's gonna happen.

This. They are pioneers of electronic music.

46 minutes ago, luckystar said:

I expect the album to be primarily  pop/electropop/electronica music. Some songs could be more experimental and edgy, other songs more accessible, but everything creative in general.

The album might be very eclectic because of usage of different elements, but it could be electropop/electronica that will keep the album as a whole. So, it will be cohesive, but also diverse. Maybe that sounds weird, but let's not forget that COADF, a cohesive album, had elements of the 70s disco, the 80s synthpop, club music, classical music, world music and even evoked Goldfrapp's at some point.

The new album could feature elements of discoLatino music (Fado and other elements of Portugal, and maybe some stuff  from Brazil), African music (Batuque, Funana and maybe some other stuff too) and perhaps elements of Moroccan music.

Some songs could be just pure electropop/electronica music, other songs could have one of the mentioned elements. Some songs could even be a mix of more elements. 

She managed it on Music. There are a few country- music inspired songs but most of the songs are electronica with elements that have nothing in common with country music and it works. Maybe it will be something like that

5 hours ago, Luiz Ribeiro said:

Electro say 1.
Electro-Pop says 2.

They were Kraut-rock at first and then became 'electronic blues' until Afrika Bambatta and Arthur Baker borrowed a tune of theirs.
The Model was a b-side and they didn't set out to become Disco Superstars.
You will find a lot of their previous on Hip-Hop blogs to download !

On 1/9/2019 at 8:49 PM, remixed224 said:

For me he sounds so outdated, nothing what appeals for younger or wider audience to be on top :) 

THAT....is precisely WHY so many younglings are into this strange type of music called D.I.S.C.O.....
if YOU REALLY WANNA WATCH COGS TURN OR HEADS EXPLODE = Ask Someone what 'Type' of Disco they Prefer ! :laughing:

5 minutes ago, Future Lover said:

God, I despise Pharrell nowadays. He was great on "Hard Candy", actually, but his stuff on "Sweetener" is very tuneless and on the wrong side of creative madness.

Did you hear what he said about 'Happy' ?
He submitted Several Songs to that movie and every one was rejected as not being 'happy enough' !
I'm more of a recent convert to that LP.
I wasn't A Fan of any of her newest chums but they all seemed to have pulled out some gold star material = who knew ?
And it has a few Hits, that helps ? xx