Bel

The New Album - 2019!!

1 hour ago, discohub said:

Yeah, sure Adele doesn't how to pull a song and Rihanna is nothing but a producer's puppet.

If Rolling in the deep wasn't so well written, Adele wouldn't have outsold EVERYONE when it came out.

This forum, and especially this thread, is turning again into a "Madonna does everything right so great Godess on earth, the rest of the world is shitty crappy dirty poo" so much it's ridiculous. Being a fan doesn't mean you're following a cult.

I am definitely not a "Madonna does everythig perfect" fan. I am very critical, especially about her musical choices and live vocals, which is the area where I have more competence.

I don't like Adele, I really think she is very overrated. I explain her excessive success to the musical poverty of these last years. I would never change one of her records with any Whitney or Cyndi or Alanis, for instance. But it is just a personal opinion, probably influenced by my age, but please I would like you to respect it without being so rude...

I never met a Fan who is totally satisfied with Madonna's work...me included.

I don't even think here is someone who never critized her.

Hello We are Madonna Fans and We have different Opinions...and yes sometimes We are

arrogant...but in a nice Way. Well most times.

I only want her to make good Music & Videos...and pull out the right Songs for Singles!!!

That's all

Madonna fans are the most critical fanbase ever, if someone actually praises her you should thank heavens. 

Definitely not a "blind stan/worship" friendly fanbase. I'm always surprised when someone accuses M fans to be like that, really. 

1 hour ago, Steffmad said:

I never met a Fan who is totally satisfied with Madonna's work...me included.

I don't even think here is someone who never critized her.

Hello We are Madonna Fans and We have different Opinions

Thank you.

She has such a versatile discography it's really hard for everyone to like everything....I'm not really crazy about the 2003-2007 years while others seem to love that period instead.

This applies to her attitude too, there are parts of her personality I don't really get sometimes. 

M fans are mostly like this, I don't know anyone who likes everything she's done/does. 

On 5/7/2018 at 10:13 AM, GetNasty said:

If her team was smart, they'd book a performance for Eurovision where she could premiere the lead single. Uploading a lyric video AND the official video to her YouTube channel merely minutes after her performance would cause even more of a frenzy. A queer can dream...:Madonna041:

How is Eurovision generally perceived?  I've always gotten the impression that people see it as cheesy/lame.  I can't see Madonna doing a show like that to premiere a song.

Just because she performed Beautiful Game doesn't mean its gonna be the lead single at all.  I do love the thought of the Diplo/Mirwais combo on the new album though just to get that in there.  I hope she was referring to recording w/ Diplo on IG regarding May 8.

3 hours ago, discohub said:

Seriously people I don't understand how you can evaluate a work of art out of 30 seconds crappy instagram videos, you're just being ridiculous and so out of place.

M is a notoriously very hard worker who won't go public with something she hasn't rehearsed for 34765 hours, It goes against everything M did for 40 years to imply the song isn't finished and she would do the Met Gala with a draft.

Seriously? Can't I have an opinion? Madonna's a workaholic, we get it. She rehearses the shit out her shows, we get it. The 30 seconds are available in medium to high quality already... The song does sound unfinished as it barely contains any memorable hook... Minimalism, ok, we get it. First single material, I don't think so.

I don't want to overreact to these things, but I think most of us have had enough of half-assed first singles these past 10 years.

4 hours ago, Eyzonme said:

Wtf? What's with the sarcasm towards the other member?

Or are you being serious, as it was very well covered in media. 

You're reading more into it than my intention.  Yes, my comment was serious. But my comment was regarding mentioning "Madonna".  Many major sources seen by mainstream public didn't mention Madonna.  Yes, Met Gala was well covered in the media, but my point is, Madonna was rarely mentioned in the mainstream media. 

5 hours ago, anel_ said:

Really? Type in Madonna on google and many sources are talking about her red carpet look and performance

Again, I'm speaking of mainstream media that most pay attention to.   Certainly, there weren't sources that didn't mention her, but most are pro-Madonna sources which aren't very well known to the general public.

i don't get how we can judge the song from a 30 second live version either, which probably has completely different arrangements to the studio version, and we don't really know anything about it. lol but go ahead it's fun to analyze stuff.... 

I don't think her appearance blew up in the media either, but at least she didn't get in trouble. lmao. And her fans are happy. It's good that she may work her way back to people's hearts with great and polished appearances like this, which is what people expect from her.

24 minutes ago, madgefan said:

Seriously? Can't I have an opinion? Madonna's a workaholic, we get it. She rehearses the shit out her shows, we get it. The 30 seconds are available in medium to high quality already... The song does sound unfinished as it barely contains any memorable hook... Minimalism, ok, we get it. First single material, I don't think so.

I don't want to overreact to these things, but I think most of us have had enough of half-assed first singles these past 10 years.

Yes, but why assume something you don't know?  We don't know if it's the "first single" or even going to be part of the album.  Also, a lot of performances can be quite different to a studio version. Let's remember, this wasn't your typical concert arena/show either.  

I have yet to hear a good quality of the "new song" she sang.  The music and vocals were quite muffled to me and it was hard to make it all out anyway.  So of course, it sounded unfinished or what not.  To me, it seems silly to critique 30 seconds of a clip we know nothing about and further assume it's the "first single", etc. 

At this point, I just enjoy what was performed.  Obviously, none of it was meant for us to see since Met Gala normally doesn't allow the performances to be filmed and broadcasted to the public.

7 hours ago, Enrico said:

I don't like Adele, I really think she is very overrated. I explain her excessive success to the musical poverty of these last years. I would never change one of her records with any Whitney or Cyndi or Alanis, for instance. But it is just a personal opinion, probably influenced by my age, but please I would like you to respect it without being so rude...

But all of these women (and Adele) are completely different artists, making different music - nobody’s asking you to choose. :-)

2 minutes ago, kesiak said:

But all of these women (and Adele) are completely different artists, making different music - nobody’s asking you to choose. :-)

You're right, and I am not choosing! Of course M is my first choice, but for instance I always had a great time watching Cyndi Laueer live, in a show that is totally different... all about music and great musicians and great vocals. I still have a feeling that the recent artists lack good melodies and rely on something else... And some songs today are over-produced and well promoted but are less interesting that some people think. Of course I am perfectly aware that also M of the "great decade" was helped by a strong promotion. Still I love the pop cultural impact of some of her songs, let's not forget that she was friends with people like Haring or Warhol, and I don't find this in many artists today.

5 hours ago, BringUrLUV said:

How is Eurovision generally perceived?  I've always gotten the impression that people see it as cheesy/lame.  I can't see Madonna doing a show like that to premiere a song.

Corny, extravagant and forgettable.

and no, Madonna, as any A-list singer, wouldn't do the Met gala and the Eurovision the same week.

4 hours ago, madgefan said:

Of course you can. Don't go too fast and jump to conclusions. The new era hasn't even officially begun.

2 hours ago, vesalii said:

What is this? So are these images from her new music video?

From what rosamosario says in this IG post, many seem to infere that... I hope they are right!!

9 minutes ago, Enrico said:

From what rosamosario says in this IG post, many seem to infere that... I hope they are right!!

According to the hahstags, the video he is referring to is linked to the Met gala : #likeaprayer #catholicimagination #madonnalive

other hashtags are just clickbait : #madonnafans #madonnafamily wtf

he is mostly posting and reposting stuff to advertise his own company

but who knows maybe the Met performance was just stage 1 of the upcoming release

I think you're right, we have just too little info to know the truth.

The bridal clothing is not from the Met's, but the other pictures are taken from the performance, which we already know should soon be released ("new video"). Maybe it's just a promotion of the brand, or maybe it's the new album but they can't spoil anything in hashtags.

"Do what you love and do it with love" could be a nice line for a song lyric though!

The spoilering monk has already talked too much :Madonna026:

9 hours ago, discohub said:

According to the hahstags, the video he is referring to is linked to the Met gala : #likeaprayer #catholicimagination #madonnalive

other hashtags are just clickbait : #madonnafans #madonnafamily wtf

he is mostly posting and reposting stuff to advertise his own company

but who knows maybe the Met performance was just stage 1 of the upcoming release

None video was used for the Met Gala performance.

The rehearsal could've been more than a rehearsal. What if she used the opportunity to make a music video. A visual album in the middle of her busy schedule? I'm not so sure.