YouTube Issues

Luiz Ribeiro

We've always known that Madonna has serious issues with YouTube because of the disastrous channels she has. Madonna participates in the the Warner channel, which kept her videos until mid-2009, has Madonna channel and also MadonnaVevo.

Now, "Vevo" has informed that it will migrate all their channels, and direct all to their respective artists, in case, Madonna's videos would go all to @madonna.

Starting a new era, what would be the best solution for Madonna?

I, in my crazy opinion think she should delete ALL videos from all channels and start with her videography on her official channel, with videos remastered at least 720p. What do you think?

I don't understand  :thinker: what did Vevo announce? 

TBH her Youtube channel is poor. They need to do something to gain more exposure on YT's algorithms or whatever. Not sure why they keep uploading old stuff in bad quality. Either upgrade or upload interesting stuff.  :eyes:

They uploaded Get Stupid the other day in 1080p, which is great on paper, except that the quality is as good as a leaked file.  :ay: We want upgrades of her classic videos when they don't even seem to have newer stuff in good quality..... :frown:

Oh and they need fancy custom thumbnails cos it looks like a fan channel. 

Just my 2 cents. 

I, in my crazy opinion think she should delete ALL videos from all channels and start with her videography on her official channel, with videos remastered at least 720p. What do you think?

Delete all videos and then start counting from zero? Or delete all videos after merged all channels's views numbers ?

I don't understand  :thinker: what did Vevo announce? 

TBH her Youtube channel is poor. They need to do something to gain more exposure on YT's algorithms or whatever. Not sure why they keep uploading old stuff in bad quality. Either upgrade or upload interesting stuff.  :eyes:

They uploaded Get Stupid the other day in 1080p, which is great on paper, except that the quality is as good as a leaked file.  :ay: We want upgrades of her classic videos when they don't even seem to have newer stuff in good quality..... :frown:

Oh and they need fancy custom thumbnails cos it looks like a fan channel. 

Just my 2 cents. 

http://portalpopline.com.br/youtube-vai-descontinuar-canais-vevo-e-migrar-para-contas-oficiais-de-artistas/

Youtube will discontinue VEVO channels and migrate to official accounts of artists

Caian Nunes 01/24/2018

Do you know the famous VEVO channel? This is where artists release their official clips and reach millions of viewers and subscribers (with the exception of Warner Music artists). In a new strategy, YouTube will discontinue VEVO by transferring subscribers to a single channel of each artist - including the secondary ones. The information is from Variety magazine.

According to Youtube, artists do not have the option to continue as is. "VEVO's reach and business can continue to grow on YouTube as a direct result of simplifying the user experience by consolidating an entire artist's catalog into a channel where VEVO videos are prominent," said the platform's representative. videos in a statement.

One of the goals of the move is to concentrate and consolidate the large number of artists enrolled, as well as make available to all of them features such as live broadcasts.

VEVO channels will remain visible if people do the specific searches, but the focus will be on the new official channels. VEVO currently guarantees more subscriptions than the artist's personal channel. JustinBieberVEVO, for example, has 33.6 million subscribers, since its secondary account has only 4.2 million. Now those numbers will be fused.

The migration process will take place in the coming weeks.

Here's a radical idea - how about remaster the videos and put them on a fucking blu-ray ? We all want it ? i hate you-tube shitty quality !! I want them on a blu-ray and the widescreen videos in 16x9 please with pcm audio(not shitty upscaled 5.1 disaster like the celebration dvd or the awful 5.1 on the rebel heart blu-ray which has NO audio from the centre speaker ! shame on you Kevin Antunes !! ) :)) Am i reaching for the stars here ??

Here's a radical idea - how about remaster the videos and put them on a fucking blu-ray ? We all want it ? i hate you-tube shitty quality !! I want them on a blu-ray and the widescreen videos in 16x9 please with pcm audio(not shitty upscaled 5.1 disaster like the celebration dvd or the awful 5.1 on the rebel heart blu-ray which has NO audio from the centre speaker ! shame on you Kevin Antunes !! ) :)) Am i reaching for the stars here ??

A lot of her videos can't be remastered to such.  I think even @@Fighter brought that up sometime ago (or I might be confusing him with someone else?) that many of her earlier videos aren't capable to be blu-ray quality nor be changed over to widescreen. 

As for the Youtube consolidation, I think it's good to just have it all on one channel, rather various.  Never made sense to me to divide up all the videos like they have.  Madonna is a huge brand iconic name. Surely, everything should have been uploaded to one MADONNA account. 

It'd be whether they were shot on tape or film, if memory serves me correctly.

Yes, I believe many of her videos were shot on tape.  I'm not that bothered by it all, so I'm not sure of the technical aspects of it.  I came from the era when all we had was MTV to see the videos on.

Yes, I believe many of her videos were shot on tape.  I'm not that bothered by it all, so I'm not sure of the technical aspects of it.  I came from the era when all we had was MTV to see the videos on.

Those shot on tape will most likely remain that quality with very little improvement. Film is usually improved upon and remastered with ease.

It'd be whether they were shot on tape or film, if memory serves me correctly.

All of her videos are stored on high quality BETA CAM tapes before HD digital era that is stored more on U-matic tapes...if only those sources are ripped and upscaled to HD it will be better than anything we had before... some of her VEVO rips looked cool but not all of them