Don't Stop

anel_

So I'm a very big fan of the BS album. The whole album is a beautifully romantic album and personally I think it's Madonna's most romantic album, however I know many fans who don't give track #4 (don't stop) the time of day

It's my favourite track on the album due to many reasons. I will only post 3 reasons

1. Everytime I'm drunk and partying I will play the song through my speakers and gets everybody up and dancing

2. The instrumental is absolutely fabulous

And

3. Madonna was having fun with the lyrics and music

It's a very underrated song that should be relistenes to by the fans who don't appreciate and even the fans who like it but still underate it - my tip is to listen to it with headphones or listen to when drunk and just dance. You will grow much more love and appreciation for the song

Keep movin and keep groovin everybody x

I’ll say I am happy that it remained an album track. If there had to be another single off “Bedtime Storiesâ€, which I love, it should have been ‘Survival’, ‘Forbidden Love’, or ‘Sanctuary’.

The whole album is wonderful BUT sanctuary would have to be somewhere in my top 5 from the album

I don't get the hate for the song. Maybe it's because it's the only song on the album which is just free and fun. There isn't a lot of deep meaning behind the song like all the other tracks.  To me, it reminds me of some of her earlier songs that were huge hits, that were just about being, free, dancing and having fun.  For me, it's the "Lucky Star" of the album.  Or the "Where's The Party" of the album. 

The album "Bedtime Story" was meant to be a low key album. Less thrill and controversy.  Though, she was still being naughty and confrontation with this album.  "Take A Bow" fortunately kept it all grounded.  (The single release that it is).  "Don't Stop" would have continued that feel if released as a single.  But instead, she decided to release "Bedtime Story" which at the time I knew wouldn't resonate with the general population and the very confrontational track off the album, "Human Nature". 

In the end, she did release singles that were very different from one another, so I can appreciate that. Though, "Don't Stop" would have continue that trend of releases since it was very different from "Secret", "Take A Bow", "Bedtime Story" and "Human Nature". 

I personally thought the album would have benefited with "Forbidden Love" as a single release.  And the fact she released SOMETHING TO REMEMBER the fall of '95 after "Human Nature" had been released months prior, it would have been a great tie in to both the ballads collection and Bedtime Stories.  I don't think it would have done as well as "Take A Bow", but I think it would have done pretty good since it was another Babyface collab and he was quite popular at the time. 

Don’t Stop just has that feel-good groove. It’s fun. Just wish we had a 12’’ Extended Mix.

Wish the Instrumental would leak. Then I could make one.

I’ll say I am happy that it remained an album track. If there had to be another single off “Bedtime Storiesâ€, which I love, it should have been ‘Survival’, ‘Forbidden Love’, or ‘Sanctuary’.

Sanctuary could have been done beautifully as a single.  Think Frozen.

tumblr_oqunlfbVZs1r0u1meo7_1280.jpg

Its an ok song i guess - i liked it when i first heard it - i wish we had the instrumental(Plus the album instrumentals of sanctuary and survival - i dont know why we still miss these ?) it was remixed by Daniel Abrahams who i believe remixed the fever song for the video and rain remix too :)) Guess she must have liked his work ?

It's a rather harmless and silly song, which is why I dislike it. The song is the definition of filler - it's completely harmless and does absolutely ​nothing. The album wouldn't suffer had it been removed.

I disagree. It fits perfectly in the album. It's right after IRBYL and lyrically and musically both mesh well

To me Madonna doesn't have filler songs on any album

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Just to elaborate more...I think you gotta have relief or a break if you will from the atmosphere of the album or the storytelling.

I think Madonna does that wonderfully on her albums. When things are just getting too serious or dramatic... something sunny and when things are just too happy and playful... something serious.