Sign in to follow this  
fiercemighty

Christina Aguilera

On 06/05/2018 at 8:13 PM, Dashfox said:

For the first time I not liked the song much, but after listening 2,3,4 times....believe me, I enjoyed the new song! Something different than other Aguilera songs, that's good, a artist cant make always the same kind of music, right?  I guess Accelerate will be the Intro for the album, like her always do. Waiting for the other singles now.

The same happened to me. The first listen was... meh and then, I've started to like more and more the song :)

On 08/05/2018 at 2:41 PM, LivingForLove94 said:

I listened to Stripped and Back to Basics to clean my ears.

Lol :lol:

I kinda like the song; it's a grower.

I just don't see the coherence in her going all herself and natural, wihout make up and freckles free, but then having those lip fillers. It makes no logic in the vision/attitude/concept that she's trying to present; in fact, it gives a little hypocritical look to it all.

So my boss just got the album and played it for a couple of us. I really hope it does well and that I’m in the minority, but I can’t say any of it appeals to me. It didn’t really seem to do much for any of us in the room tbh. I won’t be buying it, which is sad because I adore her.

I will be buying her and Demi, though. That’s the one redeeming track.

2 hours ago, dhrbb03 said:

So my boss just got the album and played it for a couple of us. I really hope it does well and that I’m in the minority, but I can’t say any of it appeals to me. It didn’t really seem to do much for any of us in the room tbh. I won’t be buying it, which is sad because I adore her.

I will be buying her and Demi, though. That’s the one redeeming track.

But the album isn't out till June 15th so how come your boss got it 1 month before it's release ?

Anyways She's releasing a new song tomorrow it's called Twice and it's a power balad. I'm here for it. Twice leaked you can easily find it on xclusivejams

17 hours ago, Gabvinet said:

But the album isn't out till June 15th so how come your boss got it 1 month before it's release ?

Anyways She's releasing a new song tomorrow it's called Twice and it's a power balad. I'm here for it. Twice leaked you can easily find it on xclusivejams

He gets copies for review pretty early. It’s not often we would get someone of CAs caliber, usually it’s newer artists or more indie/underground, but our publisher wants to expand the music reviews and entertainment news sections of their business, so we’ve been getting some pretty exciting music around the office lately. It went out to a number of well-known publications just prior to the announcement.

RCA’s small write up that came with it made it sound like they really believe in this album, though, which I can’t say they ever indirectly said about Lotus or Bionic. So, they must see something I don’t. I can’t say I’m a fan of Twice, either. It just isn’t my thing. I do think that a lot of people are going to enjoy this album and I think she’s going to do better than the last two, but I don’t want to give anything away that might set unrealistic expectations. I want people to remain excited until they hear it for the first time and can judge for themselves because it is a strong album, it’s just not for me. As a CA fan from way back in 99, I’m happy people are enjoying what’s out and I want her to do well overall, it’s been a long ten years since she’s been well and truly appreciated for her musical abilities. I’m just disappointed it’s not to my taste, but we can’t have everything. I’ll get over it. Still love her. That’ll never change.

Twice is an awesome balad in the like of what she did before but it's a bit more raw and it reminds me of her old self. Didn,t like accelerate at all and its not because I dont like hjer banger, but that track didnt suit her up well

On 09/05/2018 at 7:05 PM, Someone said:

Lol :lol:

I just don't see the coherence in her going all herself and natural, wihout make up and freckles free, but then having those lip fillers. It makes no logic in the vision/attitude/concept that she's trying to present; in fact, it gives a little hypocritical look to it all.

You realise she’s not a natural platinum blond either? :thinker:

Still loving Accelerate and Twice is beautiful. First Aguilera album I’m genuinely looking forward to since 2002. 

4 hours ago, kesiak said:

You realise she’s not a natural platinum blond either? :thinker:

Yep, but she's naturally blonde and always had present herself like that; platinum is just a shade. So to see her with no eyeliner, red lips and tropical tan, but yet blonde, is Aguilera with just no make up.

The problem are the lip fillers. In few weeks, one can get blond hair with the help of sun and salt water, but in no time one can ever get lips to change shape naturally, and that's why they don't work in the all natural vision/attitude/concept that she's trying to sell. I mean, lips can change shape outside a cosmetic office, but such change involves, e g., bee sting sweeling or getting a disease, and that's not definitely the origin of her new lips ahahah. :silly:

38 minutes ago, Someone said:

Yep, but she's naturally blonde and always had present herself like that; platinum is just a shade. So to see her with no eyeliner, red lips and tropical tan, but yet blonde, is Aguilera with just no make up.

The problem are the lip fillers. In few weeks, one can get blond hair with the help of sun and salt water, but in no time one can ever get lips to change shape naturally, and that's why they don't work in the all natural vision/attitude/concept that she's trying to sell. I mean, lips can change shape outside a cosmetic office, but such change involves, e g., bee sting sweeling or getting a disease, and that's not definitely the origin of her new lips ahahah. :silly:

She’s actually wearing eyeliner in the short promo video for the new album. Either way - who cares? She never said “I’m going to be all natural now” - it seems to be more about being true to herself. What a dumb thing to focus on anyway - her lips, her business, filled or not. Judge her for her music. Why does it always need to come down to some aspect of physical appearance that people choose to pay attention to when it comes to female artists? 

57 minutes ago, kesiak said:

She’s actually wearing eyeliner in the short promo video for the new album. Either way - who cares? She never said “I’m going to be all natural now” - it seems to be more about being true to herself. What a dumb thing to focus on anyway - her lips, her business, filled or not. Judge her for her music. Why does it always need to come down to some aspect of physical appearance that people choose to pay attention to when it comes to female artists? 

Oops, I didn't know I couldn't speak my mind...

First of all, what's up with the defensive attitude? I'm allowed to have an opinion as far as you are. Mine is not better than yours, and neither is yours better than mine. Just differents, if anything. Second, I don't know if you noticed, but my first phrase about Aguilera's new song was a compliment, so stop acting as if I didn't say anything about her music :

On 09/05/2018 at 6:05 PM, Someone said:

Third, if she's using eyeliner, good for her, cuz I couldn't care less and I only saw her video once because, guess what, I didn't like its visuals. Forth, you're the one who seemed to care, making a buzz out of my simple opinion. Fifth, I mentioned her lips. Just lips. I said nothing about her beauty and neither did I mention anything about her body. Sixth, I have eyes, I have a brain and I have the right to express myself about what I see, not only about what I hear; if I find her lip fillers distractive, I can say it. Besides it, the music business is as much a visual one and an audio one, like it or not. Just take a look at where we are having this interaction: at a forum dedicated to the greatest visual musical artist of all time, and yet you want people to act as if they're blind or living in North Korea? Nope, not with me Kesiak.

27 minutes ago, Someone said:

Oops, I didn't know I couldn't speak my mind...

First of all, what's up with the defensive attitude? I'm allowed to have an opinion as far as you are. Mine is not better than yours, and neither is yours better than mine. Just differents, if anything. Second, I don't know if you noticed, but my first phrase about Aguilera's new song was a compliment, so stop acting as if I didn't say anything about her music :

Third, if she's using eyeliner, good for her, cuz I couldn't care less and I only saw her video once because, guess what, I didn't like its visuals. Forth, you're the one who seemed to care, making a buzz out of my simple opinion. Fifth, I mentioned her lips. Just lips. I said nothing about her beauty and neither did I mention anything about her body. Sixth, I have eyes, I have a brain and I have the right to express myself about what I see, not only about what I hear; if I find her lip fillers distractive, I can say it. Besides it, the music business is as much a visual one and an audio one, like it or not. Just take a look at where we are having this interaction: at a forum dedicated to the greatest visual musical artist of all time, and yet you want people to act as if they're blind or living in North Korea? Nope, not with me Kesiak.

Geez, and I’m the defensive one? :cute: You’ve missed my broader point but it’s cool. I find it weird when people roll out “it’s my opinion” as their only argument in a discussion - why state the obvious? Peace :kiss:

On 3.5.2018 at 4:31 PM, karlafalves said:

So this track is produced by West... I think I hear some similarities to M's Inside Out (e.g. "come on come on" - "one more time"; also that building bass line.)
But here we see, how lucky M's tracks turned out, it could have become worse - like that track.
Does nothing for me at the moment.