Sign in to follow this  
fiercemighty

Christina Aguilera

I didn't quite liked the songs, I only enjoyed Liberation (the opening), Maria and Sick of Sittin'. But, despite this, from my point of view, it seems that Liberation (the album) as a whole has a very different sound from any previous album of hers, and that's what I really admire in this new work, her daring to change.

I just listened to it and i hate to say that i only enjoyed like 4 or 5 songs from it. I was hoping to get more into it, but that's it. Maybe with time... But most of the songs are not really "my sound"...

i just listen to a few bit from the songs , totally not my style of music this new album 

i never liked the first songs that where available so i expected that this album would be not my style 

I listened to the whole album, from top to bottom, and I am pleasantly surprised by it. Is it necessarily a style of music I enjoy? No. However, I think it could grow on me. The production feels clean, the sounds are new for her, and she isn't belting on every track; instead her vocals are a little more subdued, and because of it they feel more approachable. It's a much less aggressive album than Lotus, and whereas Bionic was riding the trend of the time, Liberation feels a little more anticipatory of what sounds may come into fashion. 

Highlights for me: Maria, Sick of Sittin', Fall In Line, Like I Do, Twice, and Pipe. Twice and Accelerate sound much better in the context of the album as a whole, than they did on their own.

Has anyone bought tickets to the tour?

I'm going to one of the Radio City Music Hall dates. I'm really curious what songs will make the setlist, the last two albums didn't receive the tour treatment, so that's lots of material that hasn't been performed. Based on the promo for Liberation we will probably get Fighter and Can't Hold Us Down, I'm betting Beautiful and/or Dirrty might also make it. Back to Basics is such a niche album it's really hard to say what might be performed from that. From then there's the singles and collabs: Not Myself Tonight, You Lost Me, Your Body, Moves Like Jagger, Feel This Moment, Say Something, and Telepathy. 

Thoughts...?

I guess she will perform the new songs and the classics in the Liberation Tour.

I dont believe she will sing any Bionic or Lotus songs, but songs like Candyman (From Back to Basics) have some chance, my thoughts.