Collaborations that didn't happen

luckystar

13 hours ago, Rory said:

Is it true that Celine Dion was first asked to sing with Madonna at her halftime show instead of CeeLo Green? I recall someone talking about how Celine was not able to accept and join M due to scheduling conflict and her kids or something ... but how she was supposed to lead the choir in Like a Prayer and Open Your Heart.

I think she wanted Adele to do it but I think it was around the time of Adele's throat problems.

22 hours ago, madgefan said:

Are you saying that in a good way or a bad way? Cause Goldfrapp's work has been out of this world. It was shocking to me that they even agreed on doing the Judas Remix after throwing some shade in interviews. Anyway, the result was a complete pile of shit. I think they did it on purpose and Gaga just bought it lol 

What Alison said was:

I just mean..... I LOOOOOVE Goldfrapp. And I honestly couldn't see anyone vocally occupying the space in a Goldfrapp song other than Alison. On top of I don't think Goldfrapp produce on demand. They kind of find their voice as they go with each record. If Madonna approached them, she would want a sound they had done before and they would have probably moved on from that already since every album is so drastically different. 

I wouldn't mind hearing Goldfrapp cover some Madonna tunes tho. Maybe instead of a remix they just did their own version. I really loved the cover they did for the flaming lips. 

On 4/2/2018 at 7:38 PM, devilpray said:

She was going to work with Kendrick Lamar on RH but due to the leaks she wasn't able to. She was also supposed to work with Sia and Bonnie Mckee during MDNA.

Madonna clearly rejected one of the most successful hitmakers of recent years... :Madonna026:

Sadly none of my submissions made the new Madonna record. 'trust' if it exists, was not written by me. Rumor!

https://twitter.com/Sia/status/149708485712560129

To answer your questions, none of my songs made it on the Madonna record. My ego gently weeps.

https://twitter.com/Sia/status/135435552227999744

There was some talk about a duet with Billy Idol back in the 80's. I read it in an old Bravo or so magazine some years ago.

Madonna was also supposed to record a cover of "These Boots Are Made For Walking" with Barbra Streisand in her Back to Broadway album, but couldn't because of scheduling problems. There was also a duet song called "Anything You Do I Can Do Better".

Also, M and Frank Sinatra almost worked together.

And "When You Believe" was to be Whitney and Madonna, not Mariah.

On 4/4/2018 at 5:02 PM, migsou said:

regarding scissor sisters i had to google and found this

https://allaboutmadonna.com/2005/02/scissors-sister-rules-out-madonna-song.php

so my guess is coadf

and mj it's well known, it was for his song "in the closet"

I think Kylie would have my head on a plate if I worked with Madonna. Really, I’m not interested in collaborating with her, I love Kylie too much.

lol

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2018 at 2:02 PM, Askeroff said:

During RH era she and Miley talk about possible collobration.
Also we have track that she recorded with Kanye leaking in lq that West was rejected from his album 

Moby too Turns Down Madonna   lol
- Madonna expressed some interest in possibly working together and I would love to, because I think she has a beautiful voice, and she’s obviously very talented. But I’m on tour forever, and maybe when it comes time to make my own record, if she wants to help out, I’d love to have her involved. But I’m not a producer. I really just want to make my own records.

moby ended up writing "jam for the ladies" for madonna but she turned it down as was too busy and the released version as somebody else on.

also tricky has unreleased remixes from the ray of light ear (either little star or sky fits heaven????)

On 01/04/2018 at 6:24 AM, luckystar said:

I read some things on this link and decided to make a thread about it.

http://forum.popjustice.com/threads/madonna-14th-album.64985/page-151

"Trent Reznor, Goldie, and Tricky all turned her down when she was starting work on Ray of Light."

Aphex Twin for Music or some remix?

Dr. Dre and Eminem apparently turend her down too.

Daft Punk?

Goldfrapp?

Hard Candy was supposed to be a collaboration with Pet Shop Boys and Stuart Price. 

Why didn’t Stuart work with Madonna on HC?