Collaborations that didn't happen

luckystar

What people Madonna wanted to collaborate with, but didn't happen?

UPDATE

Ray of Light

Trent Reznor, Goldie and Tricky.

Music

Aphex Twin, Daft Punk and Moby.

American Life

Air. Madonna rejected them.

Confessions on a Dance Floor

Goldfrapp. After being turned down, Madonna did make  a song with Goldfrapp vibe.

Scissor Sisters.

Hard Candy

Pet Shop Boys and Stuart Price.

MDNA

Sia and Bonnie Mckee.

Rebel Heart

Stromae, Boots, James Blake, Miley and Kendrick Lamar.

I read some things on this link and decided to make a thread about it.

http://forum.popjustice.com/threads/madonna-14th-album.64985/page-151

"Trent Reznor, Goldie, and Tricky all turned her down when she was starting work on Ray of Light."

Aphex Twin for Music or some remix?

Dr. Dre and Eminem apparently turend her down too.

Daft Punk?

Goldfrapp?

Hard Candy was supposed to be a collaboration with Pet Shop Boys and Stuart Price. 

Apart from Daft Punk & Goldfrapp i'm glad they turned her down as i hate those people anyway - I think Stuart Price was good but she didnt need to do another album with him and the Pet Shop Boys haven't made good music in nearly 30 years so no loss there either

i would love to have seen her collaborate with french ambient duo "Air" that's all really.

32 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

Apart from Daft Punk & Goldfrapp i'm glad they turned her down as i hate those people anyway - I think Stuart Price was good but she didnt need to do another album with him and the Pet Shop Boys haven't made good music in nearly 30 years so no loss there either

i would love to have seen her collaborate with french ambient duo "Air" that's all really.

She turned down the Air demo that morphed into Alpha Beta Gaga

Daft Punk turned her down for the 2000 album, then she thankfully met Mirwais and made Music

Goldfrapp said she hates Madonna and her music

M apparently wanted to work with James Blake for Rebel Heart but it didn't happen, he was later featured on Beyoncé's Lemonade

I just wish she had never met Oakenfold

23 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

the Pet Shop Boys haven't made good music in nearly 30 years so no loss there either

?! Have you actually listened to anything they've done since the 80s?

You'd be surprised.

During RH era she and Miley talk about possible collobration.
Also we have track that she recorded with Kanye leaking in lq that West was rejected from his album 

Moby too Turns Down Madonna   lol
- Madonna expressed some interest in possibly working together and I would love to, because I think she has a beautiful voice, and she’s obviously very talented. But I’m on tour forever, and maybe when it comes time to make my own record, if she wants to help out, I’d love to have her involved. But I’m not a producer. I really just want to make my own records.

8 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Well i did like their remix of Sorry so i stand corrected :)) sorry (lol!)

Wasn't it just your opinion though? Not sure you needed to apologize for offering your two cents?  :08:

Mirwais basically gave her a Daft Punk sound... so... theres that. 

Thank god Eminem and Dre turned her down. 

Goldfrapp are too Goldfrappy to do a Madonna record. A remix perhaps like Judas, but thats about it. I couldn't see Alison and Madonna having tea together. 

I was really hoping for the Disclosure collaboration.

48 minutes ago, RUADJAI said:

Goldfrapp are too Goldfrappy to do a Madonna record. A remix perhaps like Judas, but thats about it. I couldn't see Alison and Madonna having tea together. 

I was really hoping for the Disclosure collaboration.

Are you saying that in a good way or a bad way? Cause Goldfrapp's work has been out of this world. It was shocking to me that they even agreed on doing the Judas Remix after throwing some shade in interviews. Anyway, the result was a complete pile of shit. I think they did it on purpose and Gaga just bought it lol 

What Alison said was:

Q: Have you ever heard Madonna’s ‘Like It Or Not’ from ‘Confessions on A Dancefloor’? It was her attempt at making a Goldfrapp record. ‘Black Cherry’ to be specific.

Alison Goldfrapp : ‘Never heard it, that song. I couldn’t care less what she or whoever does. Madonna is always copying other people’s work. yuck’ (...) But we’ll never be caught following the latest trend or collaborating with the hottest DJs and producers just to get their names on our record sleeves. That’s not our style.

Is it true that Celine Dion was first asked to sing with Madonna at her halftime show instead of CeeLo Green? I recall someone talking about how Celine was not able to accept and join M due to scheduling conflict and her kids or something ... but how she was supposed to lead the choir in Like a Prayer and Open Your Heart.

On 4/1/2018 at 12:39 AM, wtg1987 said:

Yes, Alison is rude. Her opinion about Madonna didn't make sense anyway.

However, Goldfrapp did a lot of great stuff and their sound would suited Madonna. 

I am not a big fan of post 80s PSB, but I liked some songs and I think they could have done good stuff with Price for HC. 

On 4/1/2018 at 1:41 AM, drcosmonauta said:

Madonna and Michael Jackson 

On 4/1/2018 at 11:13 AM, skyfitswim said:

madonna and george michael 

23 hours ago, Askeroff said:

Moby too Turns Down Madonna   lol
- Madonna expressed some interest in possibly working together and I would love to, because I think she has a beautiful voice, and she’s obviously very talented. But I’m on tour forever, and maybe when it comes time to make my own record, if she wants to help out, I’d love to have her involved. But I’m not a producer. I really just want to make my own records.

15 hours ago, migsou said:

i remember reading somewhere that scissor sisters declined working with her cause they had worked with kylie minogue before...

Can you all tell what era or time?