YouTube recent uploads !

PlasticLimbo

Well, I wonder what happened with the Material Girl video?  How strange it's no longer available?  Did the copyright police strike on her own channel?  I'm sure Warners has copyright on that video, but you'd think for her main channel, all that would be smoothed out years ago. 

What a strange time we live in when we have one of the most popular icons of the 80's still very present in the music industry, yet can't get a handle on putting her best work on display in one place in good quality.

1 hour ago, Liam said:

What a strange time we live in when we have one of the most popular icons of the 80's still very present in the music industry, yet can't get a handle on putting her best work on display in one place in good quality.

This.

All of this.

Instead we have 2 or even 3 uploads for the same video over multiple channels, heavily affecting the views.

LOL! I've shared my two cents, but I just have to laugh.  Not really much reason to get upset over.  At least, they are there for people to see.  I have all these videos in much better quality, and a part of me wonders if this is just a loooooooooooong term plan, and eventually when we all are dead and buried, and Madonna's still alive, drinking the youth serum,  they will actually release remasters in so much better quality.  For some of the older videos, I'm not sure how much better they can get though? 

On 01/06/2018 at 10:17 AM, Liam said:

LOL! I've shared my two cents, but I just have to laugh.  Not really much reason to get upset over.  At least, they are there for people to see.  I have all these videos in much better quality, and a part of me wonders if this is just a loooooooooooong term plan, and eventually when we all are dead and buried, and Madonna's still alive, drinking the youth serum,  they will actually release remasters in so much better quality.  For some of the older videos, I'm not sure how much better they can get though? 

Most of her videos were shot on 35mm film (definitely not all of them). Depending on how well they were stored, they would look amazing. No different than an 80's/90's movie on blu ray.

However they were all edited/remastered on video tape (hence the poorer quality) I believe the best quality versions out there are still the video tape masters.

To get truly pristine quality someone would have to get all the camera negatives and re-edit each one, no way WB will do that. They can barely bring themselves to upload a crappy version on YT.

13 hours ago, me1981 said:

Most of her videos were shot on 35mm film (definitely not all of them). Depending on how well they were stored, they would look amazing. No different than an 80's/90's movie on blu ray.

However they were all edited/remastered on video tape (hence the poorer quality) I believe the best quality versions out there are still the video tape masters.

To get truly pristine quality someone would have to get all the camera negatives and re-edit each one, no way WB will do that. They can barely bring themselves to upload a crappy version on YT.

So you have to wonder that if the original shot film is even out there anymore?  Being she used different people for the majority of her videos, the original footage would probably be scattered all over the place if it even exist anymore.  I'm sure at the time, they didn't think they would be going back to them and restoring the footage.   It seems to me; what we have on DVD is what we've got.  Putting them "as is" on Blu-Ray won't make the video look any better.

50 minutes ago, Liam said:

So you have to wonder that if the original shot film is even out there anymore?  Being she used different people for the majority of her videos, the original footage would probably be scattered all over the place if it even exist anymore.  I'm sure at the time, they didn't think they would be going back to them and restoring the footage.   It seems to me; what we have on DVD is what we've got.  Putting them "as is" on Blu-Ray won't make the video look any better.

It probably is, the trouble is whether to go looking for it, clean it, master it and later release it which would be pretty expensive especially given if they were to ever plan a large music collection similar to Celebration. My guess is they probably used what was available to them; tape versions, previous released videos from other compilations for the Celebration DVD and I guess the disc space also called for videos to be crammed thus the reduction in quality. Putting them on Blu-Ray in that quality would definitely show the low quality but I guess it depends if her masters were stored and saved for further use. I actually was doing some reading for a film course and learning about how early films are lost because people stored things indirectly, destroyed them because they felt they no longer had commercial value or simply the nitrate used was highly flammable is heartbreaking. Surely, I know this isn't the case but getting all the materials together and wanting to give an HD, very clear quality collection of her work is very unlikely unfortunately. 

10 hours ago, Liam said:

The videos were produced either by her own company or WB or both. So the film negatives would be safely stored as so much of her stuff is (as we have seen in her archives) I think she keeps most everything. WB would definitely have them if Madonna didn't.

It is just standard practice these days in the industry, getting rid of or destorying such things is an exception to the rule since the late 70's. Doesn't mean it does not happen, but it is more rare these days. 

ETA: 35mm copies from the camera negative may exist with directors, producers and others. But it would be doubtful anyone but Madonna or WB would have the actual camera negative.

The quesion is once again what kind of team has she??? How can they (the team of the best and biggest singer in the world) make a mistake again uploading the videos in wrong aspect ratio and then they have to re-upload again corrected?? An student of first year of video image know about aspect ratio and how to upload video on youtube...

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...