Like A Prayer single cover

Enigmanotta

Yes, dazedmadonna is right... Or at least is the story I alway read about that cover. The MLVC is clear and the "P" story has sense.

I remember when the maxi came out... I have to say that I was 13 years but I was very happy with the MLVC thing because my name would be "JMLC" and I was like "Wow!!! We almost have the same first letters in our names!!!!!" It's crazy what things make us happy when we are so young hahaha...

1 hour ago, Dazedmadonna said:

If I remember correctly.. the painting was made by Christopher Ciccone (her brother), MLVC is her name (Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone) and the fallen 'P' should stand for Penn (Sean Penn) as they were just divorced

This.

And also, the P is drawn in the left side of her chest = heart = love. Which can be interpreted as: They did divorce, she's no longer Mrs. Penn, but she still love him.

2 hours ago, scamper said:

Yes, dazedmadonna is right... Or at least is the story I alway read about that cover. The MLVC is clear and the "P" story has sense.

I remember when the maxi came out... I have to say that I was 13 years but I was very happy with the MLVC thing because my name would be "JMLC" and I was like "Wow!!! We almost have the same first letters in our names!!!!!" It's crazy what things make us happy when we are so young hahaha...

Yeah, I used to be so pumped my name had the same amount of letters as Madonna and started with the same letter.  :kitty: Matthew  I was convinced I was the next generation Madonna. 

I'm guessing everyone is actually referring to the Maxi-Single cover as this is the actual single cover: 114842138.jpg

Maxi Single/Prayer Remixes Mini album... EP:

MADONNA_LIKE+A+PRAYER-521701.jpg

51P6oxPhCXL.jpg

• 6 months later...
On 4/28/2018 at 10:26 AM, Dazedmadonna said:

If I remember correctly.. the painting was made by Christopher Ciccone (her brother), MLVC is her name (Madonna Louise Veronica Ciccone) and the fallen 'P' should stand for Penn (Sean Penn) as they were just divorced

Exactly! Anyway, I don't like the cover very much!