justme-deleted

Just lost my entire digital collection

I'm...I don't know. a little accident and my external drive falled on the floor. All my rare Madonna and Kylie stuff gone away. Tours, demos, a lot stuff...I cant even remember. I manage to open the disk and I see scracths. I wanted to get angry but what's the point? Madonna, Kylie, my pictures I didnt saved in any other place, artwork...How can I reconstruct all this? Before it happened I was saving some last stuff in it...and isn't it ironic? i cant even say a bad word...stems, multitracks from them and also Michael Jackson...

1 hour ago, justme said:

Oh my...little by little irealize all the stuff i lost...I does the cloud works?

Yeah... maybe get a MEGA account since a lot of people here use it and it can make your life a little easier as you try and replace everything. MEGA can also sync to a folder on your hard drive. So if you import files into a certain folder it will automatically be uploaded to your MEGA drive and vice versa if you import into a certain folder on your MEGA account it will automatically download to your HD to the designated folder you chose. 

I use MEGA and iCloud since I have a lot of Apple products. 

On 12/05/2018 at 4:26 PM, justme said:

I'm...I don't know. a little accident and my external drive falled on the floor. All my rare Madonna and Kylie stuff gone away. Tours, demos, a lot stuff...I cant even remember. I manage to open the disk and I see scracths. I wanted to get angry but what's the point? Madonna, Kylie, my pictures I didnt saved in any other place, artwork...How can I reconstruct all this? Before it happened I was saving some last stuff in it...and isn't it ironic? i cant even say a bad word...stems, multitracks from them and also Michael Jackson...

What happens if you connect the external drive to the computer? Does it gets recognized but can't read the files? If that's the case, there is software that can recover it.

4 hours ago, Someone said:

What happens if you connect the external drive to the computer? Does it gets recognized but can't read the files? If that's the case, there is software that can recover it.

It doesnst even recognize the drive. I saw a few videos online, and manage to open it...the disc has a scratch...probably it happened cause of the fall. 

Crap. I had this happen but I am super anal about my data so its backed up on several hard drives and discs. Not much can be done if the disc is scratched. Your gonna have to start from scratch. :( That sucks. Ive had to do this before I got way to stressed about saving and backing up on everything. Alot of links are still good on here that can get pictures, demos etc...Im so sorry this happaned. :(

its happened to me too. You'll rebuild cuz thats just what we do.  we move on.  one day at a time, one file replaced at a time.  I wish you peace & strength at this dark time.

On 15/05/2018 at 11:30 AM, BringUrLUV said:

its happened to me too. You'll rebuild cuz thats just what we do.  we move on.  one day at a time, one file replaced at a time.  I wish you peace & strength at this dark time.

Thank you, babe :) I'm at peace I think. Just ordered a new hard drive. Collectiing the links all around, but the first thing I replaced was sex uncut master video and outtakes, MDNA tour rough audion...

I'm so sorry man. I know how you feel. Moisture ruined most of my stuff 5 years ago. Gone were my Rolling Stone's rare vinyl collection and many Madonna cover stories from 1989 to 1995 and beyond. Thanks to very kind people here like @otcoam (Brian) who collects magazines I've been able to get some back, at least digitally. I just wish @otcoam would share more. Anyway, let me tell you that pendrives and externals can "die" overnight. It happened to me at least 3 times; and clouds can die too. I lost a great deal of stuff when Megaupload shut down. So, nothing is safe enough. Try to make as many copies as possible. And I'm sure here you'll get some of your stuff back