MDNA will be appreciated more in the future

anel_

10 hours ago, Sonny said:

One of MDNA's biggest flaws is certainly the tracklist. It's just messy and all over the place. A few years ago I found out about an "original tracklist" which had been unveiled by several music publications shortly before the GMAYL release. I re-arranged the order of the songs on my iTunes the way it was originally meant to be and I was surprised by how cohesive the album sounds. Here it is:

Girls Gone Wild; Gang Bang; I'm Addicted; Some Girls; I Don't Give A; Turn Up the Radio; Give Me All Your Luvin'; B-day Song; Superstar; I'm a Sinner; Masterpiece; Falling Free; Love Spent; I F---ed Up; Beautiful Killer

Love Spent was (shockingly) a Deluxe bonus track and Best Friend was missing at that point. But imo it sounds much better like this. First EDM, then Pop, then ballads.

PS. This is my first post so I just wanna say HELLO to everyone!

Welcome :) 

On 22.05.2018 at 5:38 PM, BItch I'm Madonna said:

Definitely not lol.

It was the first time music wasn't her priority and the first time she decided to use producer rejects to record. The lack of input from her is apparent and the production on most of the songs is just atrocious. The album doesn't feel like an album but rather a demo mixtape.

This. Word for word. I don’t think I will ever lower my taste of music by warming up to such a lazy-made, tepid, low quality album with such an outdated, done-to-death-before sound and unoriginal ideas. I have respect for people who like “MDNA”, but I am pretty sure that many do this because it was a Madonna album. So, until she decides to release some fado album or something, this will be my least favorite album by Madonna.

Guest Sonny
4 hours ago, Turuncan said:

This. Word for word. I don’t think I will ever lower my taste of music by warming up to such a lazy-made, tepid, low quality album with such an outdated, done-to-death-before sound and unoriginal ideas. I have respect for people who like “MDNA”, but I am pretty sure that many do this because it was a Madonna album. So, until she decides to release some fado album or something, this will be my least favorite album by Madonna.

I agree with you on that MDNA has a dated and "trend-chasing" sound and that everything was rushed, but is this album really her worst? I think that Hard Candy has the same problems as it is IMO a very generic und uninspiring record even worse than its follow up. Yes HC is cohesive and fun but ultimately it sounds less like Madonna and more like a Timbaland/JT/Pharrell album. Most of the songs on it are quite too similar to previous Neptunes/Timbaland productions. While on MDNA we can find more of Madonna's personality. It has some of her most introspective lyrics ever and I do think that the music on MDNA (EDM, 80s inspired pop and ballads) suits Madonna way better than the urban-pop of HC. Still, I understand and respect your point of view and it's just my personal opinion so :)

6 hours ago, anel_ said:

Welcome :) 

Thank you!

The Orbit tracks are the best of the bunch for me, hands down. I wish she had trusted him more and given the whole project more time and attention. I think if she had, it would have been a fantastic album. As it is, though, it's a mess. Songs like "Girl Gone Wild," "Superstar," "I Fucked Up," and "Best Friend" are among the absolute WORST of her career.

On 22/05/2018 at 4:38 PM, BItch I'm Madonna said:

Definitely not lol.

It was the first time music wasn't her priority and the first time she decided to use producer rejects to record. The lack of input from her is apparent and the production on most of the songs is just atrocious. The album doesn't feel like an album but rather a demo mixtape.

I don't like MDNA that much either but the "producer rejects" plea is kind of lame. La Isla Bonita was a Michael Jackson reject and it turned out to be one of her most famous and timeless tunes. Same goes for Can't Get You Out Of My Head, and many more. Sia even made a hit album out of the tracks that other artists rejected from her. 

"Rejection is the greatest aphrodisiac" she said

2 hours ago, Sonny said:

I agree with you on that MDNA has a dated and "trend-chasing" sound and that everything was rushed, but is this album really her worst? I think that Hard Candy has the same problems as it is IMO a very generic und uninspiring record even worse than its follow up. Yes HC is cohesive and fun but ultimately it sounds less like Madonna and more like a Timbaland/JT/Pharrell album. Most of the songs on it are quite too similar to previous Neptunes/Timbaland productions. 

But in Madonna’s case, it was still a new territory, namely a hiphop flavored urban pop album with a lot of dance music inclinations. She did R&B in the past with “Bedtime Stories”, but it was more adult contemporary and a more mature sound rather than hiphop.

Besides, “Hard Candy” had, in my mind, much better songs (‘Give It 2 Me’, ‘Miles Away’, ‘Devil Wouldn’t Recognize You’, ‘Voices’...) than “MDNA”. Deeper and more sincere lyrics, a much better production, and, according to me, a more Madonnaesque approach, “I’m gonna kick your butt, but it will make you feel good.” It also included a genuine hit.