A question for Madonna Experts..

tripdastati0n

19 minutes ago, tripdastati0n said:

What did Madonna look like on June 25th 1985. I always wondered what she looked like the day I was born. Had she cut off her hair for the true blue Era or was it long and blonde like in the live to tell video or Virgin Tour style.. 

She had just wrapped up her Virgin Tour on June 11th.   Her next major event was LIVE AID, which was on July 13th, 1985 which she seemed to have slightly shorter and darker (reddish) hair (See image below).  By mid August, she had it bleached for her wedding at similar length as we've seen it in SNL that fall, while filming Shanghai Surprise. The length and bleach blonde spilled over to the LIVE TO TELL video that was released the following Spring.

1985+Ken+Regan+(Live+Aid+Book+Page+33)+1

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, me1981 said:

Sean Penn got into an altercation with two photographers Jun 30th near Tennessee. Madonna was photographed with a hat on, but her hair was dark and long. So she seems to have had similar length to the pic above but in the darkish/red colour.

June 30, 1985 - Madonna and Sean Penn - Franklin, Tennessee -1.jpg

So as I stated above.... she looked much like she did at the LIVE AID concert since it was days away.  No Brainer... especially since Madonna is notorious for changing her look after a major event.  She obviously was ready for a change after the Virgin Tour.  And went a little shorter and darker.  Of course, that didn't last long because by the next month she was a platinum blonde for her wedding.  But for the rest of the year, she wasn't seen as much since she was shooting Shanghai Surprise.  Though, we did get a peak at her look when she appeared on SNL in November. 

On 6/9/2018 at 1:36 AM, me1981 said:

Sean Penn got into an altercation with two photographers Jun 30th near Tennessee. Madonna was photographed with a hat on, but her hair was dark and long. So she seems to have had similar length to the pic above but in the darkish/red colour.

June 30, 1985 - Madonna and Sean Penn - Franklin, Tennessee -1.jpg

WOww she just needs a tracksuit and its AmericanLifeodonna

On 10/06/2018 at 3:02 AM, Liam said:

So as I stated above.... she looked much like she did at the LIVE AID concert since it was days away.  No Brainer... especially since Madonna is notorious for changing her look after a major event.  She obviously was ready for a change after the Virgin Tour.  And went a little shorter and darker.  Of course, that didn't last long because by the next month she was a platinum blonde for her wedding.  But for the rest of the year, she wasn't seen as much since she was shooting Shanghai Surprise.  Though, we did get a peak at her look when she appeared on SNL in November. 

Her hair at her wedding was a mix. She had started the process of the blonde streaks, but still had darker hair. It was mentioned a few times as looking almost green at the time. 

Pretty sure you can see the darker hair in the wedding photo of her and Sean. Most likely she went full bleach blonde pretty soon after.

1619330_797820900232739_2089102350_n.jpg

1 hour ago, me1981 said:

Her hair at her wedding was a mix. She had started the process of the blonde streaks, but still had darker hair. It was mentioned a few times as looking almost green at the time. 

Pretty sure you can see the darker hair in the wedding photo of her and Sean. Most likely she went full bleach blonde pretty soon after.

1619330_797820900232739_2089102350_n.jpg

Her hair was full of product appearing wet, which made it look darker.  Most of the shots that went public were in black and white, where she was covered with a veil and/or wearing a blck hat which made it look more darker.  These were taking around the same time as they are considered their "publicity" marriage pics as well.  maxresdefault.jpg

But that's all besides the point, since the question was about what her hair looked like at the end of June.  The beginning of July, it was darker, with reddish tones as seen at the LIVE AID concert.